Fire Primes?

The sad part is that Fire pokemon have never really been good. They are all way too power dependant to function smoothly. I love the fire types more then anyone but even I can see that.

Arcanine has never had a good card made of it in the DP on format. An Arcanine Prime would be cool.
Or even Moltres Prime.

Well yeah considering that out of the whole legends there have been 3/9 Fire type legends but keep in mind that most of the legends were dual type

@Lou Cypher, I agree. We have three Fire-type Legends, and one Legend that isn't even Fire-type using one Fire Energy in it's attack. If anything, we should have more Grass-type Legends.

@PikachewTofu There arent many legendaries that are grasstype and the only one that I can think of off the top of my head Celebi is already a prime

I would like to thank DNA for the time he took to explain all of the stats clearly, and I know see why (technically) there are not a lot of Fire Primes. Also to Lou Cypher, thanks for pointing out that we do have a few Fire type Legends. And thanks to everyone else for their input. Maybe a "Charizard Prime" would be a reprint of Charizard ex.

If they reprinted Charizard ex as a Prime, that would be insane. Literally. We already have an ex card that, even when way out of format, is upward of $170 (last time I checked, anyway). So, it would be a nuthouse of people desperately buying Call of Legends boxes, hoping for a Charizard Prime, and (hopefully) getting some Lost World in the process. It would make the box extremely valuable, because people know that they can sell it for a higher price, based on about $150 (last time I checked, anyway) FireRed LeafGreen boxes. That's just my prediction, though.

/me bows.

I do believe that what Lou Cypher said was worth pointing out: Two of the potential candidates for a Pokemon Prime are instead featured in Pokemon Legend: namely, Entei and Ho-Oh, both of which are Gen 2 Pokemon. That would further lower the chances of Fire-type Primes.

As for a Charizard Prime being a reprint of Charizard ex...first I'd like to say that I highly doubt that we'll be getting any English-exclusive cards in COL. We'll probably get all the Lost Link cards we missed, plus reprints of a bunch of other stuff. Second, I'd like to say that it won't be a carbon-copy reprint, but rather it would be similar to Charizard ex in style. However, I doubt it is possible - Charizard ex has already been effectively "reprinted" as Charizard G LV.X.

A Charizard Prime card at this point would be incredibly unlikely. The only other good candidate for a Fire-type Prime out there would really be Heatran and not much else.

What could they possibly do with Arcanine Prime? Burning opponent was covered by Houndoom, Energy recovery was covered by Typhlosion. If they want to do starters as Primes, they need to do Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise(replaced by Feraligatr lol), Sceptile, Blaziken and Swampert, and Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon.

^Using that logic, what could they do with a Grass prime? Meganium covers the energy transfering already. Shaymin boosts HP. ETC.

What could they do with an Electric prime?

You get the point.

I was realizing this early this week when I noticed Blaziken FB lv.X is the only good fire type, my theory as to why they don't print many good fire cards is because it is the only type in the TCG that two types are weak to, Grass and Metal. Therefore the cards would be more overpowered. IDK if that is true but it is my guess as to why it is like this.

^Eh... that's a stretch. Water and Colorless are both very often weak to Lightning. Lightning and Colorless are both often weak to Fighting. Fighting and Fire are both often weak to Water, etc. I don't think there's enough of a reason there for Nintendo to purposely make Fire-types not as good as other types due to weakness; besides, Grass and Steel are sometimes weak to Lightning and Fighting, respectively.
shadoworganoid said:
Shaymin boosts HP.
What? SHAYMIN PRIME? :O

i can see arcanine prime now. his ability is extremespeed and every pokes retreat is 0 and his attack would take 4 energies and he would do 120 and 20 to himself...perfect...im already in love with it lol

^Wizards of the Coast? Didn't they give up the Pokemon Trading Card Game to Nintendo a while ago? While, if everyone is wanting a fire type prime, here are the options:

Charizard
EDIT: Ninetales
Arcanine
Rapidash
Flareon
Moltres
Typhlosion
Magcargo
Houndoom (and a dark type)
Entei (already a LEGEND)
Ho-oh (already a LEGEND)
Blaziken
Camerupt
Torkoal
Infernape
Magmortar
Heatran

And that's it. Only twelve. Not very likely, is it? (And that's saying we will get English-exclusive primes...)

Hmm.... an Arcanine with a 4 energy attack that does 120 damage and hurts itself too..... Where have I seen that before.... Oh, yeah. Now I remember. http://pokebeach.com/scans/secret-wonders/22-arcanine.jpg

-sillykyle!

Lol both of those cards are bad. No that Arcanine Prime sounds pretty realistic, its attack would stink, however its power would be awesome for high retreat decks like G-Dos, Donphan, T-Tar etc...

Back