Writing Fire Emblem: Awakening: PokéBeach Edition! All finished! Stay tuned for the next one...

RE: Fire Emblem Awakening: PokéBeach Member Edition! Welcome to the Outrealms! Part 2

Oh, yeah, I meant to put a comment about that in the player notes but forgot. I had remembered seeing a note somewhere about that particular translation change, but only actually read it for the first time when I was looking up scripts as a reference for the chapter write up. Funny that NA gets the conversation about Tharja's breasts but covers up her bikini shot, whereas EU changes the text to something tamer but leaves the image unmolested. I'll never understand censorship.

RE: Fire Emblem Awakening: PokéBeach Member Edition! Welcome to the Outrealms! Part 2

I suggest giving the Paragon to TT cause for some reason he's still on a low level n.n;

I suggest reclassing Athena to Mage to gain more magic ^_^

bbninjas said:
I suggest giving the Paragon to TT cause for some reason he's still on a low level n.n;

TT is lower leveled because he restarted when he went through another class. In reality, he's probably got some of the highest stats due to having gone through Trickster already.

WHY? What is it with Mage?

Keeper of Night said:
bbninjas said:

TT is lower leveled because he restarted when he went through another class. In reality, he's probably got some of the highest stats due to having gone through Trickster already.

... Okay then... in that case I suggest giving the Paragon to S&E.

Mage's a) look cool in blue b) have maaaaagic ^_^

bbninjas said:
Keeper of Night said:

... Okay then... in that case I suggest giving the Paragon to S&E.

Mage's a) look cool in blue b) have maaaaagic ^_^

Try Sage then. A lot of strong classes have Magic, Mage is not one of them.

Awwwwww
Keeper smashing my dreams ;~;

Finefinefinefine
I /suggest/ to change Athena to /Sage/ cause Keeper'd kill me otherwise .-.

Suggesting:
- Athena --> Dark Knight
- Light --> Falcon Knight
- Drac --> Warrior
- PMJ --> War Cleric (there is a disturbing lack of axe-wielding nuns on this team)
- MtC as Priam
- SR recruitment level
- DNA recruitment level
- MtC recruitment level
- Non-Dead NPC recruitment level (we're totally bringing Wandering Wolf back from the dead guys)

Yes, I am determined to make this playthrough as long and needlessly complicated as possible.

No update today. I forgot the Future Past levels are actually rather, well, hard. Especially the first one. Jegus. Lots of restarts, mostly for NPC deaths. I want to get the good endings, so I'm not going to let any of the NPCs die. Man, I really wish we had a few Galeforce users about now; would really come in handy... ._.;

So, yeah, I'll keep pecking along at it. If I get too pissed off, I might change up my order and do these levels later.

I have, however, already reclassed some folks and gave SAE Paragon. The attempt that I got the farthest saw SAE gaining 15 levels. >_>

Man, I really wish we had a few Galeforce users about now; would really come in handy... ._.;
I tried!

I do believe this exact scenario came up when PP was going against my Dark Flier votes, with me wanting to ensure updates every day. Interesting...

I was tempted to just post the reclassing as a mini troll update. I could still do that, if you really want to have an update for today. :p

RE: Fire Emblem Awakening: PokéBeach Member Edition! Chapter 22

Future Past 1

After a long night of partying and other assorted revelry, we all slept like babies, in fact sleeping in a little too much probably. It was nice to have a night of rest without any looming worries, though. As long as time was standing still in our world, we could chill out as much as we liked here with no repercussions. I'll admit, there was even a part of me that wouldn't mind staying here, but running away from our problems in the real world wouldn't make them go away forever.

<Celever> Good morning, Drac!
<Drac> Good mornings to you as well, cute one!
<Celever> Whatcha up to? ^_^
<Drac> Drac is preparing for his morning trainings, yes? Perhaps Celever would like to come along? Drac thinks we should train together, becoming unbeatable force!
<Celever> Training? Bluh... I was going to go eat breakfast with Keeper and then go play in the woods... Training is no fun. :<
<Drac> Okay then, meddling Drac will leave Nowi alone to her fun... Drac is old fool who is only thinking about self.
<Celever> Awwww, I'm sorry. Come on, let's go do that special training together after all!
<Drac> Oy, this is worse! You agree just to make old man not be feeling like sad sack!
<Celever> No! Look, you spend all this time worrying about me, so I should listen to your advice. Besides, once we're done training, you can come eat and play with me too. Yay!
<Drac> Well, if you are insisting!​

GM DracLord and Celever attain support level A!

During Drac and Celever's special training, he picked up a bow and started playing around with it. He ended up having so much fun shooting at Celever and watching her catch the arrows in midair that he decided to keep the bow and start trying to learn how to use it in actual combat. He had a hard time carrying the bow along with both his swords and axes, though, so he decided to drop the swords and stick to his axes which had seemed more useful over all anyway.

... just don't ask me where the silly collar came from. I think he got that idea from CJ.

GM DracLord reclassed into Warrior!

After breakfast, I did a bit of reconnoitering and happened across a skittish Pegasus. The poor thing looked terrified, but immediately came up to me and started nuzzling me when it saw me approach. I'm not sure if it actually was looking for my affections or if it just smelled the apples I had stashed in my pockets, but we quickly became friends. I thought about how IE was able to use her Pegasus to get around more quickly and efficiently throughout the battlefield and sling magic from above, and I decided to try some aerial maneuvers of my own. The Pegasus took to combat like TT to a cake, but I found that it was trickier to attack with swords from the saddle, so I swapped out my swords for a lance. Wait until Drohn sees this!

Athena reclassed into Dark Flyer!

When I got back to camp with my new friend in toe, everyone was pretty amazed, but no one moreso than Light. She admitted to me that she also had found a Pegasus, albeit in a slightly different manner. When she woke up in her tent in the morning, the Pegasus was right inside sleeping next to her! She had had a bit too much to drink at the festival and didn't really recall how she'd found the creature, but Cinesra told her that she had won it herself playing a came of cards. I ended up showing her the basic ropes of flying and how she could ride the Pegasus in combat to keep us all healed nice and easily and she was thrilled with the idea. However, she seemed to have a problem casting magic from up high and settled for leaving the tomes on the ground and simply keeping a basic lance with her for self-defense.

Professor Light reclasses into Falcon Punch Knight!

Eventually we were all geared up and ready to head out on our way back to the Gate and into our own world. On the way, we came to a large, beautiful temple in the middle of the woods. Thinking the Gate might be inside, we popped in for a visit, but were astounded to find something completely different and unexpected...

<Naga> Hey guys, 'sup?
<Drohn> NAGA?! :O
<Athena> Wait, this is Naga? As in, the Divine Dragon God that we're going to be performing a ritual to see? She's just popping up here?
<Naga> I'm a dragon goddess, I can do whatever I want. *flips around and does party tricks*
<Drohn> Does that mean you're here to give us the power to defeat Grima?
<Naga> lolno. That's real world stuff. I'm the Outrealms Naga, so I don't really give a s*** about stuff out there. I'm more concerned about making musical versions of my favourite anime, keeping parallel worlds in check, and having sick rap-offs. In about that order of preference. Do you guys want to visit my Death Note: The Musical world?
<Drohn> Uhhh... that sounds great and all, but I think we'll pass.
<Naga> Okay, that's cool.... hey, you guys have got weapons and stuff. Are you pretty good fighters?
<Drohn> I'd like to think so. We've accomplished a lot of missions and we have a great tactician, but--
<Naga> Oh, hey, is that IE? HAY IE!
<IE> Uh, hi Naga!
<Naga> Hey, maybe you guys wouldn't mind doing me a quick favour then? You see, one of my parallel worlds is, well, kind of doing pretty badly to be honest.
<Drohn> We're kind of in a hurry...
<Naga> Oh, come on, this is the Outrealms. Besides, you'd be helping out an alternate version of IE over there, and her friends, too!
<IE> Wait... would be be traveling forward in time to save my future? :O
<Naga> Sort of? Man, it's hard to explain parallel worlds to non-gods. It's not you you, but a different you. And your friends and stuff. Alt-you is trying to go back in time like you you did, but, well, s*** is going a bit poorly this time around and it doesn't look like you guys are going to make it. I'd really hate to see that world go, too. That world makes the best pizza, far better than this world's pizza (no offense, guys).
<Drohn> So why do you need us? Can't you go there yourself?
<Naga> Grima's been revived in that world and he has super mad crazy powers, yo. He's blocking me personally from going, but I can send you guys in my stead.
<Drohn> Since this is the Outrealms, if we help you, it'll be on free time like the rest of our Outrealms adventures, right?
<Naga> Yep! All the exp and loot, none of the time wasting.
<Drohn> Alright, we'll do it. What's the game plan?
<Naga> Alright, there's 12 kids in total, IE and all her little buds. They split up in 3 teams to gather the gems like you guys did, but each group is getting ambushed on their way to reunite. So, just kill off their attackers so they can team up again and everything will be rosy. I'll send you to the group that has Redy and Bluey first.Thanks for being bros about this.
<Drohn> Happy to help!​

Outrealms Naga led us through the temple and to a room filled with cool, shiny, glowy portals. She directed us to one of them with a wave and we all walked through, suddenly finding ourselves in a large, ornate manor.

<SAE> Wait a minute... I know this place!
<Drohn> You do?
<SAE> Yeah, me, Noire, Cynthia, and Kjelle got trapped here with a bunch of Risen... we barely escaped with our lives.
<IE> I remember you all talking about that when you came back, it was... terrifying.
<Athena> I guess in this version of your world, you didn't make it back.
<Drohn> Well, I guess it's a good thing we're here. If we can change fate in our realm, we can help change your alternate selves' fates as well!
<IE> But...
<Palutena> I actually find this very.... refreshing *evil grin*
<TT> If our daughter is here... well, we know we weren't able to help her and you in your own future...
<Celever> But now we can actually help our kids, yay! ^_^
<Keeper> I'll never let anyone say I was too afraid or too dead to save my little girl from a bunch of zombies!
<SAE> Dad, I'm right here! >:[
<Keeper> Well, my parallel world little girl anyway.
<SAE> I'm not little!
<Drohn> Well, regardless, we told Outrealms Naga we'd save their asses and we're going to. Everyone, prepare for battle!​

I could tell just by looking at them that these enemies were tough, much tougher than any we've faced before. To make matters worse, we weren't just concerned for our own safety, but for the safety of the children who were trapped and weaponless. I sent SAE and IE up the right corridor to get to the other kids as fast as possible while the rest of us dealt with the immediate enemies to our left. This was easily our toughest battle yet. SAE was in the room closest to us. It was weird to see a girl so similar to our own and yet so different. It seemed her parents had no such reservations, however.

<Celever> SAE! Don't worry, mommy and daddy are here to save you!
<SAE> But...aren't you supposed to be dead? Is this some sort of curse?
<Keeper> Nope! Not a curse! Good guess, though. We actually came from a whole other world just to rescue you! So we're exactly like your parents...except I'm completely different. Nya ha! Crazy, huh?
<SAE> Well, I don't want you guys to fight for me, so go home, okay? I can take care of myself.
<Celever> I dunno, things look pretty hopeless to me. In fact, Naga even told us they were if we didn't help!
<SAE> But... how could I go on if I lost you both twice? So please...just leave, okay?
<Celever> ...Hmm, nope! Sorry. Nuh-uh. We're not going anywhere. I love you! I have to protect you! And we brought friends, too, so don't worry about us, okay?
<Keeper> So take care and hold tight, okay? I'm gonna mop up the rest of these Risen, and things are about to get gooey!
<SAE> I guess Naga really does perform miracles...​

Once they were assured that alt-SAE was safe, Celever and Keeper head back around the other direction to follow their own daughter and help her and IE with any further reinforcements. Finally we managed to clear our own hallways of soldiers and TT was able to pick the lock to the next room, which held his own daughter.

<TT> Ohhay Noire, 'sup?
<Noire> F-Father? M-Mother?! B-but...how? Did...did you resurrect yourselves with some kind of curse?
<Palutena> Hee hee... And what if I did?
<TT> Oh, don't listen to your crazy alternate world mother, we're not actually your real parents. We came here through a portal from another world to help you and your friends out.
<Noire> Oh. I...I suppose I should have known. Death is permanent, after all... But I am happy to see you, even if you're not...you. Even if you are from another world... *sob*
<Palutena> Tears? Really? What am I supposed to...?
<TT> Awwww, cheer up, kid. Want some candy? I've got a whole bag here on my belt...
<Noire> *omnomnom*
<Palutena> Listen, I don't have much time. But while I'm here, I'm going to make the creatures who tried to hurt you pay.
<TT> So don't worry! We're going to go out and take care of this for you, kiddo.
<Noire> Thanks guys. <3​

The further we worked through the manor, the more we ended up getting split up. TT and Palutena stuck with me and Drohn as we worked our way forward, though PMJ and Drac stayed behind to protect the kids from more reinforcements, and Light rushed around healing everyone while Cinesra tried to protect her. SAE and IE ended up getting to Cynthia just in the nick of time, while SAE and Keeper protected Kjelle. Eventually, their leader ran forward and charged at Palutena. It was.... Morgan? My own son? I couldn't believe my eyes. I rushed forward to try and talk to him, but Palutena and TT sliced him up out before I could get close enough, though I heard enough. Apparently my son in this world is a follower of Grima; I suppose I must also have chosen to accept Grima's blood in this world, wherever it was.

Once Morgan was taken down, it was only a matter of time before the remaining enemies were killed off. We had just enough time to make sure all four kids were safe before Outrealms Naga warped us back to the temple.

<Naga> Awesome! I knew you guys could do it.
<Drohn> That was a pretty intense battle.
<Athena> Yeah, there were a few times there when I didn't think we'd make it.
<Naga> Well, now you know why I had to send you. No way in hell would those kids have been able to make it out on their own.
<Drohn> I suppose you want us to go after another group now?
<Naga> Take your time and rest up for a bit first. Those kids aren't going anywhere for now, so you may as well chill out for a bit before I send you off again.
<Athena> Oh, thank the gods. I could sleep for a week.
<Naga> You're welcome!
<Athena> >_>​

Current Team:

Drohn: Lv. 17 Great Lord
Skills: Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King

Athena: Lv. 3 Dark Flyer
Skills: Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum

Cinesra: Lv. 20 Bow Knight
Skills: Skill+2, Prescience, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker

Professor Light: Lv. 1 Falcon Knight
Skills: Res+2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+

TwistedTurtwig: Lv. 5 Swordmaster
Skills: Locktouch, Mov+1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat, Astra

Celever: Lv. 7 Wyvern Lord
Skills: Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane, Quick Burn

GM DracLord: Lv. 1 Warrior
Skills: Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Axebreaker

Professor Palutena: Lv. 20 Sorcerer
Skills: Hex, Anathema, Vengeance, Tomebreaker

PMJ: Lv. 20 Wyvern Lord
Skills: Str+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker

Keeper of Night: Lv. 12 Dread Fighter,
Skills: Hex, Anathema, Slow Burn, Lifetaker, Resistance+10

Ice Espeon: Lv. 8 Dark Flyer
Skills: Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Ignis, Rightful King, (Rally Movement)

SylveonsAndEspurrs: Lv. 29 Manakete
Skills: Odd Rhythm, Slow Burn, Wyrmsbane, Paragon

Decisions, Decisions:

Master & Second Seal Possibilities:

Cinesra, Palutena, and PMJ have reached Level 20 and must use a Second Seal! They can either stay as their current class back at lv. 1 so they can keep gaining stats, or they can be reclassed to a different class from the list/

Promoted Second Seal Use: ∞ (C16 shop)
Light: Can switch to Falcon Knight, Dark Flyer, War Cleric, Sage, Dark Knight, or first tier classes
Drac: Can switch to Berserker, Warrior, Bow Knight, Swordmaster, Assassin, or first tier classes
Drohn: Can switch to Paladin, Great Knight, Bow Knight, Sniper, or first tier classes
Cinesra: Can switch to Bow Knight, Sniper, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, Sage, Dark Knight, or first tier classes
Palutena: Can switch to Sorcerer, Great Knight, General, Bow Knight, Sniper, Dark Knight, or first tier classes
PMJ: Can switch to Wyvern Rider, Griffon Rider, Valkyrie, War Cleric, Sage, or first tier classes

Promoted Class: Paladin, Great Knight, General, Hero, Bow Knight, Sniper, Swordmaster, Assassin, Trickster, Falcon Knight, Dark Flyer, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, Valkyrie, War Cleric, Sage, Dark Knight, Sorceror, Grandmaster (also Great Lord for IE only)
Base Classes: Tactician, Cavalier, Knight, Mercenary, Archer, Myrmidon, Thief, Pegasus Knight, Wyvern Rider, Troubadour, Cleric, Mage, Dark Mage (also Lord for IE only)

Base Class Second Seal Use: ∞ (C16 shop)
Celever: Can switch to Manakete or Mage.
SAE: Can switch to Thief, Wyvern Rider, Troubadour, Mage, or Dark Mage
IE: Can switch to all base female-available classes (see spoiler above for full list)
TT: Can switch to Thief, Fighter, or Myrmidon.
Keeper: Can switch to Dark Mage, Barbarian, or Thief.
Athena: Can switch to all base female-available classes (see spoiler above for full list)

Please vote for your choice(s)! If a suggestion gets 2 separate votes from different sources (posts, not likes), the promotion/change will happen before the next chapter. The only exception to this rule is any unit who hits Lv. 20 in either class, in which case they must be sealed before the next chapter, no matter how many votes.

Current Suggestions:

Class Changes:
Cinesra -> Griffon Rider

Paralogues/DLC Chapters: Current plan is: FP2, FP3, then round out with Summer Scramble before going back to the main chapters. We've also gotten enough votes to do all of the extra levels before the final chapter.

DLC votes: Like promotion/reclassing, 2 votes means yes. We have 1 vote each for:
Infinite Regalia
EXPonential Growth
Golden Gaffe

Feel free to suggest any levels you'd like to see done, or second any existing suggestions! Feel free to check out this post for my quick blurbs about the various DLC levels that are available.

Player Notes:

Ahahahahahaha, good old Camoclone knows me so well. My morning routine (which I tend to refer to as my "rounds") typically involves me checking up on my forums (here and elsewhere), then webcomics, news, etc. Typically, when I'm done with that is when I pick up FE:A and start working on the next chapter. So, I opened up my 3DS, go to the Barracks, and Camoclone is the one greeting me for a change. Flavia/Camo's morning greeting text is "Hey, Athena! All done with your morning rounds?" I find this hilarious. That is all.

Lots of reclassing, hurray! No reclass for Athena had more than a single vote, so I had to rely on my trusty d3. I totally didn't just pick the class that happens to be my favourite class in this entire game. Nope. Not at all.

I am so terrible at writing lines in Gregor/Drac's accent/style. This is why he doesn't speak much when I'm making up dialogue, and why I have a tendency to copy his lines directly from the source material, so shush.

In case it wasn't obvious from my short post last Friday, this was actually a legitimately hard level. All of the enemies are higher leveled than any we've seen so far, even bosses, and they come equipped with more skills than we're used to seeing and very tough weapons. It wouldn't be that bad if they were just after us, but the enemies make a priority of trying to target the NPC kids that we're supposed to be protecting. The kids can't attack and their stats are based off of their parents stats. 2 of the 4 (Noire and SAE) were decently leveled and not too bad at surviving because we're been using their parents, but the other two (Kjelle and Cynthia) have parents that we've barely touched so they're incredibly weak.

SAE and Palutena were the stars of the show these level. SAE is a BEAST. I had her and IE take care of the entire right/top side on their own practically, only sending Celever and Keeper up to help with the wave of reinforcements to try and stop them from targeting the kids. Palutena used Nosferatu to bully through the bottom and left sides to the boss while the others cleaned up. Light was primarily using her long-distance healing staff to keeps the kids healed up.

I don't even know how many attempts it took me, but I'm glad it's over. I wonder how awful the next two will be. :U Without a full team and without a single Galeforce user, it's hard to take care of all of the enemies, especially with the reinforcements and the fact that they go after the weak kids as a priority.

And, yes, you're seeing that correctly. SAE gained 17 levels last chapter. I told you she didn't need Paragon. :p

Palutena, Cinesra, and PMJ all hit Lv. 20 this level. We can keep them as they are like we did with SAE or swap them out. With how useful Dark Magic has been for this past level, I'd prefer keeping Palutena at least where she is, but our fate is in your hands. :p

I would also totally to object to doing the gold level for funds to buy more strong weapons. >_> <_<

Anyway, thanks for waiting so long for the update, and I hope you enjoy it!

RE: Fire Emblem Awakening: PokéBeach Member Edition! Welcome to the Outrealms! Part 3

Well I am a bit of a skill horde, so... Sorry I am am going to vote to take away a few things (and some of them are horrible choices at the start.)

Palutena -> Great Knight (Because Luna and maybe Dual Guard + ;D)

Cinesra -> Sniper (Going to be nicer with this and vote this for Bowfaire.)

PMJ -> Valkyrie. (I am really cruel. A magic user with a horrible magic growth rate oops. I don't see a healer and Dual Support + is a nice to have for pairups.)

I don't know if I can vote for three... If I can't then oops.

RE: Fire Emblem Awakening: PokéBeach Member Edition! Welcome to the Outrealms! Part 3

I vote for:
Cinesra > Griffon Rider (if that's not my vote up there already, can't rememeber)
PMJ > Griffon Rider (never enough griffons)
Palutena > Sorcerer (Dark Magic)

Queen of the Clouds said:
Well I am a bit of a skill horde, so... Sorry I am am going to vote to take away a few things (and some of them are horrible choices at the start.)

Palutena -> Great Knight (Because Luna and maybe Dual Guard + ;D)

Cinesra -> Sniper (Going to be nicer with this and vote this for Bowfaire.)

PMJ -> Valkyrie. (I am really cruel. A magic user with a horrible magic growth rate oops. I don't see a healer and Dual Support + is a nice to have for pairups.)

I don't know if I can vote for three... If I can't then oops.

You can vote for as many as you want! :D But we do have a healer, Maribelle, who went Troubadour -> Valk -> Falcoknight and is still healing like a boss. If that influences your choices at all, feel free to reclast your vote.

Oh whoops I never noticed. (I never make Maribelle a Falcoknight to begin with. She'll just carry with her tomes as a Dark Flier for me. XD) Unless you're not using the pair up system, then my vote won't change.

Oh and I've noticed that Chrom is close to being lvl 20. Well this is for a future vote thing, but I nominate Chrom to class change into a sniper. (Because Sniper Chrom is best Chrom imo.)

Seconding:
Cinesra ---> Griffon Rider
Palutena ---> Sorcerer

I want to vote to keep PMJ as a Wyvern Lord, though. I was about to vote for her to class back into a Wyvern Rider, but then realised that's just a demotion staying within the same class >_>. It'll be a huge shame for PMJ to get rid of Minerva since she's such an integral part to her character.

Palutena has 2 votes for Sorc and 1 vote for G. Knight, so she's staying a Sorc.
Cinesra has 2/3 votes for Grif. Rider and 1 vote for Sniper so he's going Grif. Rider.
PMJ has one vote for Valk., 1 vote for Grif. Rider, and 1 vote for Wyvern Lord, so I'm going to flip my handy D3... and she's staying Wyvern Lord. Guess Minerva will be sticking around a bit longer.

Sniper Chrom's just got the one vote, so that'll go into the list for now.

RE: Fire Emblem Awakening: PokéBeach Member Edition! Chapter 22

Future Past 2

It was kind of creepy inside Outrealm Naga's temple, so we opted to camp outside under the stars. Cinesra managed to find himself Griffon wandering amongst the trees and decided he would also like to be one of the cool kids and ride a flying mount in battle. Unfortunately, the creature seemed to have a deathly fear of both bows and swords, forcing Cinesra to abandon his previous weapons in favour of an axe. We all laughed at him mercilessly as he flew around clumsily swinging a basic axe he borrowed from Keeper, but he was bound and determined to use his new mount in battle.

Cinesra reclassed into Griffon Rider!

In the morning, we all wandered back into the temple to visit Naga and look into saving another batch of kids from their unfortunate doom.

<Naga> 'Sup guys. Sleep well?
<Light> Well, to be honest, I really do miss my feather beds....
<Drohn> But, yes, we're all well-rested and ready to go on another mission. Who are we saving this time?
<Naga> Four children have succeeded in saving Whitey and Blacky only to be ambushed by a bunch of Risen in the mountains and swiftly executed.
<IE> Yes, that was Brady, Owain, Inigo, and Yarne. I remember them mentioning a mountain pass, but in my time only a few Risen barred their path and they were able to slay them and break through.
<Naga> Well, there's a hell of a lot more Risen this time, sister. I guess it's a good thing you have so many flying units 'cause you're gonna want them. Step this way!​

Within moments we were transported back to the alternate world, this time on a precarious mountain ledge at the border between Plegia and Ylisse. Off in the distance, we could see the group of kids; they were pretty recognizable thanks to the shining brilliance of Brady's hair. A few bridges spanned across the wastes, but I couldn't help but echo Outrealm Naga's thanks for all of our flyers; without them, we'd have a hard time taking out these Risen before they could take out the kids.

While we watched, Brady and one of the others crossed a bridge while the remaining two stayed on the other side. They seemed to talk for a moment then cut the bridge behind them. The intention was obvious, even from afar. Those two meant to sacrifice themselves to delay the Risen long enough for the others to escape with the gems. Well, if I had anything to say about it, all four of them would be going home.

I paired us off and send the main bulk of our army against the main bulk of theirs, flying across the chasm to attack them directly. We prioritized taking out the archers to let our flyers go unmolested, then concentrated on keeping the bulk of them away from the fleeing kids. Palutena, TT, and SAE went on foot across the bridge to sweep up stragglers and make sure a path was clear for the ones with the gems, and Light kept herself as far out of the action as possible, healing us from afar as needed. She and Cinesra couldn't help but want to go visit their alternate-world son, however.

<Light> Brady? Is that you, darling?
<Brady> M-Ma?! And flying next to you, is that....
<Cinesra> Yes, it is I, Cinesra—Fatherest of Fathers—come from worlds afar to help you!
<Light> We're not really your parents, strictly speaking; we've come from another world to lend you our considerable assistance.
<Brady> Another world? Um...right... You're probably s-some enemy ruse!
<Light> I most certainly am not! If I were some artifice of the enemy, then you would already be dead. I or your father here would have struck you down the moment you hesitated.
<Brady> Well...yeah, but... Ugh, I give up. Besides, I guess this means that I get to apologize to my parents. Sort of anyway. I really let them down.
<Cinesra> Eh? How so?
<Brady> My folks always taught me that nobles should be the shield of common folk. That we should defend others. But today I abandoned my friends... The only one I protected was myself. I failed you, Pop. There's nothing noble about me!
<Light> Are you upset over what happened at the bridge, dear?
<Brady> You saw it?
<Cinesra> Seems to me like you were simply showing command of one of the other great responsibilities of nobility: Commitment. Once you decide to do something, you must see it through. Make whatever losses you sustain count by finishing what you start.
<Brady> And I'm committed to delivering the stones to IE...
<Light> As a healer, I feel the pains of having to separate yourself from combat for the betterment of a goal. There are many times I would have loved to rush in and save the day... but who am I kidding, I can't harm s*** with this lance.
<Brady> *snort*
<Light> What was that?!
<Brady> Alright, I get it. Right. Thanks, Ma, Pop. I appreciate it. I'll keep going.
<Cinesra> And we'll keep working to protect you and your friends. Adieu!​

It seemed like the more Risen we killed, the more kept spawning. While we were talking out their cavalry, more flyers appeared. After we finished taking out those, a whole mass of Generals and Snipers appeared out of nowhere. Brady and Yarne managed to flee and get away while we were still hacking at enemies. Keeper and Nowi blasted forward to take out the leader while IE and Cinesra went up to check on the valiant rear guard who were holding up thanks to a copious supply of healing items. Finally, the flood of enemies ended. Owain and Inigo found a ground path over the gorge and reunited with their friends while the rest of us were transported back through Outrealm Naga's portal.

<Naga> Nice! Very good job everyone. They'll make it back safe and sound now, I'm sure of it.
<Drohn> Well, it's good to know our fighting wasn't for naught. If I never have to ride on the back of a Pegasus over a chasm again, it'll be too soon.
<Athena> I take it you aren't too fond of fighting with me like this? *wink*
<Drohn> Just no more chasms...
<Naga> Well, no more chasms during your next fight at least, I can assure you of that much. Go chill out and relax and heal up again; I'll see y'all tomorrow.​

Current Team:

Drohn: Lv. 19 Great Lord
Skills: Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King

Athena: Lv. 6 Dark Flyer
Skills: Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Rally Movement

Cinesra: Lv. 1 Griffon Rider
Skills: Skill+2, Prescience, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker

Professor Light: Lv. 2 Falcon Knight
Skills: Res+2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+

TwistedTurtwig: Lv. 5 Swordmaster
Skills: Locktouch, Mov+1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat, Astra

Celever: Lv. 7 Wyvern Lord
Skills: Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane, Quick Burn

GM DracLord: Lv. 2 Warrior
Skills: Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Axebreaker

Professor Palutena: Lv. 3 Sorcerer
Skills: Hex, Anathema, Vengeance, Tomebreaker

PMJ: Lv. 3 Wyvern Lord
Skills: Str+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker

Keeper of Night: Lv. 19 Dread Fighter,
Skills: Hex, Anathema, Lifetaker, Resistance+10, Aggressor, (Slow Burn)

Ice Espeon: Lv. 10 Dark Flyer
Skills: Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Ignis, Rightful King, (Rally Movement)

SylveonsAndEspurrs: Lv. 30 Manakete
Skills: Odd Rhythm, Slow Burn, Wyrmsbane, Paragon

Decisions, Decisions:

Master & Second Seal Possibilities:

SAE has reached Level 30 and must use a Second Seal! She can either stay as a Manakete and go back at lv. 1 so she can keep gaining stats, or she can be reclassed to a different class from the list/

Promoted Second Seal Use: ∞ (C16 shop)
Drohn: Can switch to Paladin, Great Knight, Bow Knight, Sniper, or first tier classes
IE: Can switch to all promoted and base female-available classes (see spoiler below for full list)
SAE: Can choose to reclass back to Manakete Lv. 1 to stay a dragon but retain stats, or can switch to Assassin, Trickster, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, Valkyrie, War Cleric, Sage, Dark Knight, Sorcerer, or first tier classes

Promoted Class: Paladin, Great Knight, General, Hero, Bow Knight, Sniper, Swordmaster, Assassin, Trickster, Falcon Knight, Dark Flyer, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, Valkyrie, War Cleric, Sage, Dark Knight, Sorceror, Grandmaster (also Great Lord for IE only)
Base Classes: Tactician, Cavalier, Knight, Mercenary, Archer, Myrmidon, Thief, Pegasus Knight, Wyvern Rider, Troubadour, Cleric, Mage, Dark Mage (also Lord for IE only)

Please vote for your choice(s)! If a suggestion gets 2 separate votes from different sources (posts, not likes), the promotion/change will happen before the next chapter. The only exception to this rule is any unit who hits Lv. 20 in either class, in which case they must be sealed before the next chapter, no matter how many votes.

Current Suggestions:

Class Changes:
Drohn -> Sniper

Paralogues/DLC Chapters: Current plan is: FP3, then round out with Summer Scramble before going back to the main chapters. We've also gotten enough votes to do all of the extra levels before the final chapter.

DLC votes: Like promotion/reclassing, 2 votes means yes. We have 1 vote each for:
Infinite Regalia
EXPonential Growth
Golden Gaffe

Feel free to suggest any levels you'd like to see done, or second any existing suggestions! Feel free to check out this post for my quick blurbs about the various DLC levels that are available.

Player Notes:

FP2 is significantly easier than FP1, thankfully, even without only Brady having decent stats of the bunch. Owain and Inigo can at least fight back, they each have 6 round worth of healing, and the only units that go after them are the unpromoted Cavaliers. All of the promoted classes go after Brady and Yarne, but they're far enough away that it's not too difficult to pick off the enemies before they get there, especially if you have a good amount of flying units, which we do.

I figured SAE was strong enough to stand on her own, so I had her along with the PP/TT combo taking the bridges while the others flew across. As such, the flyers definitely got the brunt of the experience this level, though I did swap to Drohn and Drac a couple times to kill certain enemies without having to put PMJ or Athena in range of a Silver Bow archer. Those things hurt. The exception to this was Henry who had an easier time staying alive with his massive defenses and Lifetaker. That combo was the one that broke through to kill Morgan while the others flew around playing cleanup. Light really can't hurt anything with her pitiful strength, so she stayed out of range healing with Physics as necessary. Cinesra ended up getting paired with IE as a default; he's not going to get too much accomplished in these hard levels on his own with bronze lock and I don't have enough gold to forge.

In fact, we're sitting on 612 gold right now from me buying fancier weapons and such to help take out these guys. So, yeah, I totally wouldn't object to playing Golden Gaffe; just saying. :U Though we don't strictly need it; I can sell enough to buy a Second Seal for SAE and our current weapon horde should see us through for the next few levels at least, especially once I no longer have to use the strongest things in my disposable anymore.

Speaking of SAE, feel free to speak up on how you'd like to see her go. Selfishly I would like to see her stay where she's at since I have 3 more full Dragonstone+s for her. >_> But I can make her with any class if I need to, so feel free to vote for whatever you'd like to see.

I've also started slimming down the promotions list since nobody wants to reclass into a base class anyway and it's a pain to update as is. So I'll only start listing people when they're available for a promoted class reclass.

Back