Favorite Anime/Manga

I'm fairly boring and probably have bad taste, but:

Anime:
-DBZ is cool in general, though I mostly thank it for giving us Buu's Fury on the GBA.
-Yu-Gi-Oh, fun stuff, watched it as Saturday Morning TV for a while.
-Pokemon, of course. I thought I only liked pre-Season 9 stuff, since that was when 4Kids stopped dubbing and it stopped showing on network TV, but I've been going back to it with Pokemon TV on the official site, and I'm liking pretty much everything I see. DP is certainly the most filler-y, though it's made 10x worse by TR's incessant rhyming... I guess it just doesn't translate well (though, it did actually start really late into Season 8, so...). BW is quite awesome, but David Rolfe still made the best theme songs. :p
-Dinosaur King, because it was like Pokemon and had Veronica Taylor and David Rolfe.
-MegaMan NT Warrior. It complements one of my favorite video game series, and has Andrew Francis.

Manga:
I've read exactly one issue of Shonen Jump. There was something Yu-Gi-Oh in it, but I don't remember what it was, and the rest of the issue was more... "involved" stuff, where I had no idea what was going on (mind, I was like 8). The only thing I can really say I enjoyed in it was Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. There was a parody of DBZ in it, and my friends and I were really into it at that point, so it was a clear winner. :p

Chariblaze said:
Manga:
I've read exactly one issue of Shonen Jump. There was something Yu-Gi-Oh in it, but I don't remember what it was, and the rest of the issue was more... "involved" stuff, where I had no idea what was going on (mind, I was like 8). The only thing I can really say I enjoyed in it was Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. There was a parody of DBZ in it, and my friends and I were really into it at that point, so it was a clear winner. :p

Haha, yeah, SJ isn't exactly the best place to start reading manga. If you aren't up to date with any of the manga in there, you are going to be completely lost. (And, if you're planning on reading any of them, you've probably spoiled something for yourself.)

I actually own all 13 volumes of the Megaman NT Warrior manga. I haven't read it in a long time, but from what I remember, it was...interesting. :S

Starboard Driger said:
I actually own all 13 volumes of the Megaman NT Warrior manga. I haven't read it in a long time, but from what I remember, it was...interesting. :S

If you think the NT Warrior manga is weird, try reading the Megaman X manga.

Has anyone here watched Inuyasha? It's the first one I watched not counting stuff like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and GBZ.

I've watched Inuyasha pretty much every weekend since it first started airing on Adult Swim. A fact I should be proud of? You be the judge.

Comics count right?
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=tue

I like scary movies, but if you don't. DO NOT BLEEPING WATCH!

The Fire Wyrm said:
Comics count right?

Come on dude. Everyone's already seen that before.

Some Loser said:
The Fire Wyrm said:
Comics count right?

Come on dude. Everyone's already seen that before.

I know, but it has a very unique auto scroll mechanic for the jumpscares.

The Fire Wyrm said:
I know, but it has a very unique auto scroll mechanic for the jumpscares.

True that. I still don't think it's an actual manga, though.

The Fire Wyrm said:
Comics count right?

Is this the thing you posted on YLYL because I don't want to take any chances?

Trainerhan1 said:
Is this the thing you posted on YLYL because I don't want to take any chances?

Yeah, it's the same comic.

Also, I'm watching Slayers right now. It's old and goofy, but not bad.

I'm currently watching Beelzebub and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

TTGL is shaping up to be one of my favorite anime ever. The animation is hands down the best I've ever seen, its got a badass story and kickass characters (namely Kamina), and the only anime I can think of that rivals it in the "GET HYPED" department is Hajime no Ippo. I honestly can't figure out why I only decided to watch it three days ago; it's pure, unadulterated, over the top entertainment.

Also, dat op.

Back