IPOF's - General Discussion Thread | Current Topic: Artists and Audiences

RE: Fake Creations Discussion Area

Found 2 more, from another person in Spain trying to sell off cards from the DA group.

This one was a mewtwo/mew legend, I forget who made it but its on the page. Also katara's Shining Lugia is on there. Both reported.

Zarco said:
What are peoples' thoughts on text fakes being posted? I enjoy making them, but it does seem a bit noobish.

I encourage text faking. Not all people can afford photoshop or make great cards on gimp. It doesn't seem noobish to me.

aschefield101 said:
Found 2 more, from another person in Spain trying to sell off cards from the DA group.

This one was a mewtwo/mew legend, I forget who made it but its on the page. Also katara's Shining Lugia is on there. Both reported.

He hasn't took any of my cards, has he?

Zarco said:
What are peoples' thoughts on text fakes being posted? I enjoy making them, but it does seem a bit noobish.

Text fakes are not noobish! :<
I love making text fakes, I can't Photoshop.
(My image fakes are terribad)

Fraxureking said:
Zarco said:

Text fakes are not noobish! :<
I love making text fakes, I can't Photoshop.
(My image fakes are terribad)

If it makes you feel any better, all of my fakes are pixellated. Check them out, and you'll see what I mean.

Zarco said:

That's a little unfair. Text takes just as much creativity as image but it isn't as visually appealing (that being said there are ways around this). You can use different fakes in image but you can rearrange anything you want in text pretty easily.

Delta said:
Zarco said:

That's a little unfair. Text takes just as much creativity as image but it isn't as visually appealing (that being said there are ways around this). You can use different fakes in image but you can rearrange anything you want in text pretty easily.

Yeah, with text there's not always some artwork or colour to look at (obviously it's possible though, just requires more effort). I myself make text-based fakes because I don't have the time or resources to make quality image fakes (though I'm considering pencil & paper based fakes in my spare VA lessons at school...). You still need basically the same content in both though, so at the core they're not that different in terms of creativity etc., just text is slightly more limited.

So with the Mega Evolutions revelation (which I LOVE), the XY TCG I can imagine having the following now :

• Basic
  • Stage 1
  • Stage 2
  • Mega Evolution
  • Trainers
  • Full Art
I have this sneaky feeling EX's will be changed to Mega Evolutions. I just can't see both working in the TCG; I would however like both, but realistically I can't see that happening.

It just means Nintendo hate me and want me to die, trying to replicate all the blanks that are likely to fire our way later this year.... IF they aren't some cheap cashcow B&W era rip off that is...

Thoughts?

Would someone care to fill me in on the Mega Evolutions thing? I have next to no idea what it is.

They were leaked today Frax, pokebeach has yet to upload the images. Bulbapedia has everything on their main page :)

Basically certain Pokemon, possibly through the use of a stone, or some form of action, can get what is essentially "stage 3" or as Flameh put it earlier, MegaMan super pumped lol..

Absols new form is not too bad, like some sort of death angel. Mawiles new one is ugly beyond belief. Blaziken is meh. Mewtwo's we've seen. Ampharos is a bit meh too. Lucario's new forme however, that is really nice! :)

aschefield101 said:
They were leaked today Frax, pokebeach has yet to upload the images. Bulbapedia has everything on their main page :)

Basically certain Pokemon, possibly through the use of a stone, or some form of action, can get what is essentially "stage 3" or as Flameh put it earlier, MegaMan super pumped lol..

Absols new form is not too bad, like some sort of death angel. Mawiles new one is ugly beyond belief. Blaziken is meh. Mewtwo's we've seen. Ampharos is a bit meh too. Lucario's new forme however, that is really nice! :)

Oh my. Ampharos Just Jumped up my fave Pokémon list. Mawile, Y U SO UGLY?
Lucario is looking awesome as usual, Absol, Mewtwo and Blaziken are meh.

(MegaAmpharos for BDIF come XY1)

Sadly looks like they might be "during combat" only formes. However, I can still see these appearing in the TCG; EX's have been going too long now in one form or another.

We'll see I guess in November (or the prereleases in October?).

aschefield101 said:
Sadly looks like they might be "during combat" only formes. However, I can still see these appearing in the TCG; EX's have been going too long now in one form or another.

We'll see I guess in November (or the prereleases in October?).

They'll leak XY TCG sooner or later. I'd rather sooner.
/endsemiderailment.

I have a feeling over the next few days we're going to see a whole ton of guesstimations as to what the cards will look like (and how the Mega Pokémon will be handled) for us to look back at and laugh at in a few months' time, similar to what I've done with my early Gen IV cards in my Retsukard posts on DA.

I'd like to think they'll be a replacement for EX, though I'm not sure how they'll handle that from Gen VII onwards... these seem like the kinds of Pokémon which will hang around from now onwards, whilst the TCG likes to switch their special gimmicks around at least once per generation.

Alternatively, we may have misinterpreted the whole thing, and they're just announcing some new Rock Pokémon.

Flame Claw said:
I have a feeling over the next few days we're going to see a whole ton of guesstimations as to what the cards will look like (and how the Mega Pokémon will be handled) for us to look back at and laugh at in a few months' time, similar to what I've done with my early Gen IV cards in my Retsukard posts on DA.

I'd like to think they'll be a replacement for EX, though I'm not sure how they'll handle that from Gen VII onwards... these seem like the kinds of Pokémon which will hang around from now onwards, whilst the TCG likes to switch their special gimmicks around at least once per generation.

Alternatively, we may have misinterpreted the whole thing, and they're just announcing some new Rock Pokémon.

I just hope they do replace EX, I'm sick of them.
(One more post!)

Okay, time to update my blanks. No mega evos, just generic STAGE 3 text

We have another guy trying to sell cards. Seems like a nice guy on dA, but I had to correct him as far as properly crediting illustrators.

He has a shop on Etsy. He charges $5 for a digital-only copy of a fake...if that were legal, all of us would be rich right now! Should we contact him/Etsy about it?

Reported.

It doesn't matter at all if he's a nice guy or whatever; he's selling works for which he doesn't have the rights, and isn't even bothering to be discreet about us. Better to get him taken down than to have the official gang be keeping a closer eye on the fan community in general.

It's absolutely pathetic how you have to register for Etsy to report something, for the record.

And now for something completely different

A long time ago I hosted fake creations contests. it was textbased only to maximize participants. do you think it would be good to bring back?

Not really, no. I don't see how you could differentiate it enough from the Monthly CaC for it to be worthwile.

Back