'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

This is basically the true brigette replacement, especially because having 70hp pokemon isn't as important this format like it was pre rotation

Good for the attack that does damage for the. And the items of choice is battle compressor and pal pad. Use battle comp to get rid of 2 Whitney, Lele for whitney. Then draw 5 cards. If you use Zoroark with that meowstic then you can draw more. It would be a good deck for fun since you have meowstic and zoroark as attackers. But this is just me.

Cool artwork but the card is not that great IMO. To get good use out of it you have to play at 4, which most decks don't have room for while playing other, more consistent draw supporters like Cynthia.
I'm pretty sure you are referring to Whitney

Cool artwork but the card is not that great IMO. To get good use out of it you have to play at 4, which most decks don't have room for while playing other, more consistent draw supporters like Cynthia.

My dude you are not the smartest tool in the shed, are you. This card is literally going to be THE Brigette replacement.

Lele > Brigette > 3 Pokemon
Lele > Elm > 3 Pokemon </= 60 hp

Hmmmm seems pretty familiar :rolleyes:

Not all Pokemon in their young forms are </= 60 hp, so Fan Club will be the “go to” Brigette for those decks, but yes, Elm’s Lecture is a pretty great card.

My dude you are not the smartest tool in the shed, are you. This card is literally going to be THE Brigette replacement.

Lele > Brigette > 3 Pokemon
Lele > Elm > 3 Pokemon

Hmmmm seems pretty familiar :rolleyes:
Not to mention they don't even have to be basic, so in some decks Elm is going to be even better. I know there aren't too many viable ones, but being able to search for evolved pokemon as an option already makes it better in evolution decks, IMO.

So Fan Club will be the go-to replacement for your Basic GX-focused decks, but I def see Elm being the staple for any evolution-based deck. You can't search out your 70hp basics, but with Buzzwole taking a hit you'll probably be able to run the ≥60hp ones with less fear of an early knockout. Plus as I and others have pointed out multiple times, it doesn't actually restrict you to basics like Brigette did, so it's more flexible in some areas.

But Sophocles is still better than Whitney! Heck you can run both and discard Whitneys with Sophocles lol
Honestly Sophocles would def be a great draw replacement in Banette-GX. That's really not a terrible idea either; If you're going to need supporters in the discard anyway, using Sophocles to dump 2 Whitneys adds +30, lets you draw 4, and in the event you draw into another Whitney you're already set up to draw 5.

Back