'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 28, 2018.

1. VuDu-JuJu Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
    VuDu-JuJu

Not to mention they don't even have to be basic, so in some decks Elm is going to be even better. I know there aren't too many viable ones, but being able to search for evolved pokemon as an option already makes it better in evolution decks, IMO.

2. VuDu-JuJu Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
    VuDu-JuJu

So Fan Club will be the go-to replacement for your Basic GX-focused decks, but I def see Elm being the staple for any evolution-based deck. You can't search out your 70hp basics, but with Buzzwole taking a hit you'll probably be able to run the ≥60hp ones with less fear of an early knockout. Plus as I and others have pointed out multiple times, it doesn't actually restrict you to basics like Brigette did, so it's more flexible in some areas.

3. VuDu-JuJu Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
    VuDu-JuJu

Honestly Sophocles would def be a great draw replacement in Banette-GX. That's really not a terrible idea either; If you're going to need supporters in the discard anyway, using Sophocles to dump 2 Whitneys adds +30, lets you draw 4, and in the event you draw into another Whitney you're already set up to draw 5.

4. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

5. EdGeorge92 TCG collector
    EdGeorge92

I want a binder full of Shuckle-GX

6. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

faba lookin' quite fab i say.

7. The Revolutionaire N Aspiring Trainer
    The Revolutionaire N

My new fav deck will be Shuckle gx-hammers ahahahaha

8. fleshrum April in Kalos...
    fleshrum

Shuckle + frogs? Idk what I want but I desperately want it

9. jperr swoosh
    jperr

oml that blacephalon rainbow rare is probably the nicest looking rainbow rare i have seen yet

Alex Sableye and GekkisaiDaiNi like this.
  10. Ashblaze Full Art Supporter Hunter
    Ashblaze

Finally the last full art supporter for this set, it’s not a bad art for such a bad guy, I can’t wait for lost thunder in November to get the seven full arts who are judge, kahili, Mina, morty, Whitney, elm, and faba. Only a month and a half to go

11. Triomaster Aspiring Trainer
    Triomaster

Holy Arceus!

12. Christopher Hinkle Aspiring Trainer
    Christopher Hinkle

The Tyranitar and Suicune art though

13. TheRealBro.. Let's get drowzee
    TheRealBro..

They are getting better at those Full Arts it seems. Very good looking indeed. If they can make a Shuckle GX look cool than that says something! That Lugia Rainbow rare takes the cake though. Nice.

dmode15 likes this.
  14. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

This may be a little late, but does anyone know what the purple orbs are on some of the Explosive Impact cards such as Faba's regular art?

15. Paperclip Grunt Aspiring Trainer
    Paperclip Grunt

I have been waiting for a Faba card since sun and moon did Wicke ;A; now I can finally add him to my aether collection just have to find it in japanese and then the english when it releases -3-

16. Orias Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
    Orias

GX full arts were kinda meh at the beginning but they are getting better and better. Every single one of these looks absolutely beautiful

17. My happiness is immeasurable and my day is saved.

18. Ebralith Aspiring Trainer
    Ebralith

Was a huge fan of throwing Xerosic into my decks as a one of, gonna grab a Faba FA for sure.

19. PlatinumDude Aspiring Trainer
    PlatinumDude

These purple orbs appear on the artworks of cards that involve the Lost Zone, which implies that they represent a void to get there.

dmode15 likes this.
  20. RiverShock Aspiring Trainer
    RiverShock

Full-Art Blacephalon is quite possibly the single ugliest Full Art I have ever seen. (The rainbow looks good, though.)

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?