'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I always knew Dragon Majesty was the Unova set. Mainly since the legendary Zekrom and Reshiram distributions line-up with its release.

Zierant

Murcielago
I reject any Kanto game ideas! We’ve visited this region too many times already and honestly it’s so bland! Sinnoh on the other hand... Would much prefer a brand new region to introduce onto the switch. Kanto wasn’t that great, let’s be honest.

Tcg wise, still waiting for the trend of unused EX Pokémon to have the spotlight... I want my national deck binder to have bling!

aschefield101

is behind you !
Meh, the TCG artwork in recent years leaves alot to be desired and the SM template needs retiring asap.

but still...

WTB a new game in the franchise, not the rebooted one we get every year (or 2).

Ryn7321

real magnet hours
I'd love to wait another year for the Switch game, as long as I get my Alola x Unova set.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I reject any Kanto game ideas! We’ve visited this region too many times already and honestly it’s so bland! Sinnoh on the other hand... Would much prefer a brand new region to introduce onto the switch. Kanto wasn’t that great, let’s be honest.
I agree, Kanto was pretty boring. However, keep in mind the rumors claim this game takes place in after the events of G/R/B/Y/FR/LG meaning it'll likely differ from the Kanto we know. Especially if the 100 years later rumor is true

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm... So we now have:

• August set, Celestial Storm. We get Japan's SM7 and SM6a (Champion Road) there.
  • September mini set, Dragon Majesty. We get SM6b (Dragon Storm) there.
  • November will surely have SM8, and posssibly combined with SM7a (Thunderclap Spark)?
So, we still have SM7b (Fairy Rise), with no release date in the horizon... And maybe some "Best of SM" special set? Would be nice to get that one over here again, kind of like with Legendary Treasures and Call Of Legends (and definitely not because I'd be ok with a Lele reprint lol)

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Excited that we are getting Blacephalon-GX. With how much they are pushing Ultra Beasts and support, I wouldn't be surprised if Blacephalon-GX becomes the next Shaymin-EX.

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Will this FINALLY be the set with the original Eevee-evolution GXs???

Scourge188

Aspiring Trainer

Tcg wise, still waiting for the trend of unused EX Pokémon to have the spotlight... I want my national deck binder to have bling!

Are you surprised Kanto is revisited so much? That will always be the case. It is the original place where the franchise started. Kanto is bland compared to the other gens because new mechanics and what not were not introduced during its time. Maybe though that will change with a switch game. Who knows, just hope it is good

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Anything involving Lugia cards of any sort gets approved from me. Maybe it'll involve his Elemental Blast from the good ol' 2006 days.

Paul Weiskopf

Gwentigone
I definitely think the switch games will be a later release. Also, since we're getting Zekrom, Reshiram, and White Kyurem GX, is there any hope for a Black Kyurem or regular Kyurem GX?

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Yes!!!!we get Blacephalon in this set! Nobody can resist the eyes....! (I can't post the image ;-; )

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
I realize that some of you dont like kanto... thats fine... but the main purpose why the Switch game is Kanto is because Nintendo/Pokemon want to play the Nostalgia card to get fans my age (Original Gen) to come back to Pokemon.

I've looked into the switch rumors and everyone 25+ years of age have looked me in the eye and said that's cool.

i agree with them, I cant wait to replay Kanto because Yellow was the my very first Pokemon Game. This is being done on purpose to bring back old fans who have a switch, entertain current fans of all ages, and maybe even allow players who never played the originals to play in Kanto.

right now, im still trying to decided between Eevee or pikachu.... As long as i can still get a Sylveon is some way... i'll be happy.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I have to wait till the end of the year to get a Vaporeon and Pidgeot GX. I'm also hoping I get it in Pokemon Duel as well around this time. I'll either have a great Christmas or a lame one.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Are you surprised Kanto is revisited so much? That will always be the case. It is the original place where the franchise started. Kanto is bland compared to the other gens because new mechanics and what not were not introduced during its time. Maybe though that will change with a switch game. Who knows, just hope it is good

This is why I don't enjoy the newer gens as much. They complicate things so much for no reason. Legendary Pokemon control space and time, life and death and come from different dimensions. Pokemon lost that simple feeling and now its all doom and gloom.

Kento was simple. None of the Pokemon were that over designed and you got what you got. Mewtwo wasn't this Pokemon that could wreck the universe like the newer legends could. Mewtwo was just a beast. Everything felt leveled with the only threat being Team Rocket wanting to make money using Pokemon. Sure people can say its bland but that was the appeal of the ecosystem in the game so I'm really looking forward to this 100 year in the future Kanto game with Mega Evolution. I think the series is in need of a soft reboot so I hope this does that.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
If this is Johto Set... Suicune GX could be possible (finally...):p

Well... the rumours are about to be either busted or confirmed since of the upload of the new Private Videos on the Youtube Nintendo/Pokemon Channels. A little patience is all we need. Everything will have settled until E3