'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

I just noticed that the Unown in the Unown cards spell out the abilities on the cards.

Which makes me hope that they return to the Unown font used in the Neo era for these cards.

I was already losing interest in the TCG, but this Lost March mechanic got my attention! November, here we go! It's gonna be broke and annoying as hell to play against, just like Night March, but I'm very excited.

Oh man this set is going to be so much fun.

Fairy Rise, Lightning Support, Shuckle GX, and Lost Zone mechanics returning?
Honestly I will consider this the fun set because holy crud there is so much good coming in Lost Thunder.

Jumpluff I am going to make my go to standard deck due to how fun and efficient it is (and I feel like it can become top tier if it gets the right cards for Lost Zone usage in Dark Order, since apparently we are getting more Lost Zone cards in that set) while Zeraora will be my Expanded deck thanks to Max Elixir and Eelektrik being a thing.

The Hype is real people! I love that the lost zone can beef up the attacks of pokemon. The Unown D looks really OP. A combined total of least 66 damage on your benched pokemon and you win? Let's see, 70 damage on your active pokemon and retreat it for Unown D; then Bam!; you win. Now that card seems to be a candidate for the first card on the Standard banned list. But that's my opinion.

The Hype is real people! I love that the lost zone can beef up the attacks of pokemon. The Unown D looks really OP. A combined total of least 66 damage on your benched pokemon and you win? Let's see, 70 damage on your active pokemon and retreat it for Unown D; then Bam!; you win. Now that card seems to be a candidate for the first card on the Standard banned list. But that's my opinion.
It says 66 damage counters, which means that you need 660 damage total on all of your benched pokemon combined to win.

Quick clarification here, for the missing unown it says your opponent's supporters, not yours correct? So you couldn't just use lost mixer and win turn one?

Xerosic: Haha I'm a staple in most expanded decks!
Faba: That's where your wrong kiddo
One scientist henchman replacing another scientist henchman. I guess that checks out.

But yes, it is astounding how much better Faba is over Xerosic.
Xerosic: A hurdle in a match, but can be circumvented with the right tools.
Faba: Oh shit, this might have made me lose the game already.

The Unowns are insane, but fun at the same time.
As for Jumpluff, 70hp? Blimey I haven't seen a stage 2 with that low hp since Aquapolis… and would you believe it, Jumpluff had 70hp in that set.

They seriously couldn't squeeze Sunkern and Sunflora into this set after their last print was in *HGSS base set*? Really?

That chikorita art looks like a deform bean sprouting. If its were yellow, it could even look like a peeled potato

Move over Guzzlord, there's a new troll deck in town. #unown

I could see a rouge decks utilizing Unown Damage, Po Town, Sceptile GX (because grovyle's ability is brokenly consistent), and perhaps shrine of memory and a one of Shuckle-GX.

Energy Crush Espeon is back baby! My favorite deck I ever played during the EX era!

Accidentally posted to wrong thread, haha

Lost March's problem right now is that outside of attacks and Skiploom's ability, there is no good way of getting Pokemon into the Lost Zone to fuel the attack. Still going to tinker quite a bit.
Lost mixer item card makes this deck a very viable option. With skiploom and trumbeak abilities....by turn two you could easily have a number of Pokémon in lost zone....unfortunately deck builds will require 15-20 Pokémon with no battle compressor to easily search and just put them into lost zone.

Regardless I will have fun playing with the new March

ESPEON YES. Fantastic artwork, solid attack. Super excited about this card.
Agreed! A good play one of in any psychic deck. Or just any deck that has eevee in it. I might able to run it in my sylveon gx/ gardevoir gx deck, and play a rainbow energy or something.

Back