'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 28, 2018.

1. uncleyuri

Not sure how the wording of that ability works. Would we be able to bench a basic, then put the respective stage 2 right on it all in the same turn?

2. MarshalBry Shaym' on you
    MarshalBry

Heracross will fit nicely in any Venusaur deck.

3. Anselm Sim Aspiring Trainer
    Anselm Sim

When will Gardenia's Ace in the hole ever be printed? :D

4. BulbasaurusRex Aspiring Trainer
    BulbasaurusRex

Uh...would Meganium’s ability work the turn you play the basic Pokemon?? That seems...good.

5. maximusrtc Aspiring Trainer
    maximusrtc

Maganium- Free rare candy is nice, but wait, it doesn’t say anything about not evolving the turn the basic was put down. So basically it’s sort of like Forest of Giant Plants but you don’t need the stage 1!? Or the old way rare candy worked? And it works on any type of Pokémon. This could be nuts with Acerola, super scoop up, etc.

6. TatsuyaOrimuta Aspiring Trainer
    TatsuyaOrimuta

Meganium is neat? I'm not sure how to react to it like on one hand it's ability is kinda busted, but on the other hand it's a stage 2 itself. Maybe it could work in like Decidueye or something?

7. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

These new ideas are really laughable - so you run a crappy stage 2 to evolve your other stage 2 line "more quickly" - dude just play Rare Candy. Like wtf is wrong with TPCi lately.

8. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

Heracross sure is a nice addition to Sceptile decks that also run Lurantis. Meganium has awesome art and a good ability. However since he is a stage 2 Pokémon himself he could be clunky to use.

9. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Ok, hold on, let’s extrapolate here:
    Evolving a Pokémon (unless it says you can skip this clause) can only be done on the second or later turns a Pokémon was in play to that player. That’s the rule. Paraphrased, of course. We can’t be loose constructionists before we know anything.
    Eevee’s Ability (you know which one) says that you put this card on this Pokémon to evolve it. That’s using an ability.
    Second ability? Says Evolve?
    Yep, it would probably work on the first turn.
    All thanks to the scientific method!
    WEEEEEEEEEEE-

And it’s not clunky at all. If you play a Stage 2 deck, you play Rare Candy. Just Rare Candy into a Meganium. Then Early Ripening Herb into everything else.
    Bam. It’s good.

Oh, Heracross?
    DISLIKE

10. Kent Freeze Aspiring Trainer
    Kent Freeze

Still way too clunky to ever be viable, but just imagining getting meganium set up, then boom: sceptile + jungle totem venusaur + super boost energy.....would be a ton of fun.

TatsuyaOrimuta likes this.
  11. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

^See My Above^

12. Advancer The old tree that still blooms.
    Advancer

The art on the Meganium is definitely better than the BreakPoint art, and the ability at least offers assistance in getting other Stage 2's set up. Too soon to say if it'd be worth the trouble of having two stage 2 lines in the one deck. I daresay its success is going to depend on the Chikorita and Bayleef that go with it (I hope at least they've got good art though).

The Heracross is nice, I guess.

13. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

lol no it's not good

also, Heracross is clearly the superior card here

14. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion, I suppose.
    I still like it.

15. Senorsmith Aspiring Trainer
    Senorsmith

How exactly would you use the ability on the first turn? Youd still need to wait to evolve into it? Also, doesnt the heracross work together with meganium? Say use meganium and deciueye with heracross

16. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Ha.. this Meganium artwork is my kind of style :p
    (only much better)

17. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Meganium - I admit that this ability is good giving that it is a free rare candy. The problem is Meganium is a Stage 2. You'll have a bad time to get this out to achieve this ability. 3-4 Geodudes
    • Heracross - Sceptile has a other non-GX atkr since the deck runs few energy. 3 Geodudes

18. Chimecho3000 Aspiring Trainer
    Chimecho3000

Meganium card no.5 and Heracross card no.14...hmm I'd say chances look pretty good for Sunkern/Sunflora's triumphant return to the TCG, but they could still potentially miss out.

19. Zero Umbreon Pyromaniacal sorcerer
    Zero Umbreon

“Strength of 100.” Doesn’t do 100 damage. :confused:

20. Seng vang Svang20
    Seng vang

Meganium seems okay

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?