Excradril DEX

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
i was browsing through my cards today and came upon excadril. i think this card has pretty good potential. with 120 hp, that's pretty dec. with a weekness to grass he's good to go and with a resistence to electric, he's even better. he first attack would be very conveinient with tynmo snipping, his second attack is like a built in junk arm with the addage of all other cards that will get discarded. all around he's pretty cool (and he's playin minecraft in the art :p ) and i think he could be usefull. he kills an eelectrik in one hit, zoroark in 1 hit, and the potential to take out darkria with a lil help :p(by way of aerodactyl or some other thing). my dilema arises when i think about what to pair him with. i could do a lock type deck with vileplume, a full on fighting with landorus and friends or something else. that's where i need help. what would he be good to play with? hit me up! (and please no comments telling me how terrible he really is. i dont care about that i just want help in his pairing :p thanks!

[img=180x260]http://pokebeach.com/scans/dark-explorers/56-excadrill.jpg[/img]
For reference because there are multiple. ~Glace

Cofagriigus/Sableye/Excadrill/Pokemon Tools.

This deck does a lot of damage just to discard all the Pokemon card tools in you hand. You should pair him with that. :)

Not only is it decent but with the right list and pilot this deck is pretty powerful.

as for Partners try Pokemon like Tornadus EX and (if you have 1) Mewtwo EX and also terrakion for a back-up attacker/ revenge killer, with Tornadus EX you'd want to run ruins of alph for 2 reasons firstly it will remove the resistance of any other Tornadus' meaning that Excadrill has a personal use for it and secondly once its out your guaranteed to have a stadium for Blow Through because the only way to get rid of alpha will be to play another stadium (namely sky arrow) which can still aid your deck.

I actually have an episode covering this excadrill we may have covered something thats been missed between our 2 posts kinda hard to remember as it was recorded over a month ago.

I tried this and it doesn't work that great. It is good, but there are things that just kill it. If you end up going against any form of tornadus, you can't win. Fun and good, but not great.

As for who to pair him with, Smeargle engine is the best. Makes this deck much faster.

hmmm. well i'd be playing this strictly in a league setting and tornadus is basically invisible in my area. i think i might try the confagriigus deck and report back.

although im still open for ideas :p

The Cofagrigus deck wouldn't work amazing because you can only get back 1 tool a turn. You usually want to be using that on Crushing Hammers or set up cards.

iisnumber12 said:
The Cofagrigus deck wouldn't work amazing because you can only get back 1 tool a turn. You usually want to be using that on Crushing Hammers or set up cards.

Dude... watch me get 2 cards back

The Cofagrigus deck actually performs pretty well, the only thing that is bad is the Dark Weakness on it's main attacker.

I could see using this instead of a Terrakion in some decks, this would help you get some Catchers out of the grave yard.

iisnumber12 said:
I tried this and it doesn't work that great. It is good, but there are things that just kill it. If you end up going against any form of tornadus, you can't win. Fun and good, but not great.

As for who to pair him with, Smeargle engine is the best. Makes this deck much faster.

Erm.. sorry to interrupt but excadrill can (and has) beaten a Tornadus based deck against a pretty high level player at my recent Battle roads

so what some of you are saying is play a deck with this guy, filled with disruption cards like catcher, crushing hammer, enhanced hammer, hooligans jim and cas..... bwah hahahaha jk jk, but still yeah.

who has actually playe a confagriigus excadril deck b4?

http://pokebeach.com/scans/dark-explorers/57-excadrill.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/dark-explorers/56-excadrill.jpg

Which one are you talking about?

wack a mole, i like it..... so what should my list look like if going for a confagriigus deck? a disruption deck?

alright so ive been speculating, here's one list
3-3 Confagriigus DEX
3-3 excadril DEX 56/108
3 sableye DEX
1 to 2 of some other good backup attacker( possibly the meinfoo thing that can get 2 poke tools)

4 crushing helmet
4 exp share
3 or 4 of some different kind of poke tool that will be coming out with dragons exalted

and thats about it

mrwillster said:
alright so ive been speculating, here's one list
3-3 Confagriigus DEX
3-3 excadril DEX 56/108
3 sableye DEX
1 to 2 of some other good backup attacker( possibly the meinfoo thing that can get 2 poke tools)

4 crushing helmet
4 exp share
3 or 4 of some different kind of poke tool that will be coming out with dragons exalted

and thats about it

?? Crushing Helmet... Is that Rocky Helmet + Crushing Hammer... So you do 20 to them, and discard an energy? :p

Looking at it, you need a better back up attacker other than just Cofagrigus, and Excadrill. The deck looks great on paper, I'm just wondering if anyone has playtested it. I'd suggest you go for a disruption deck.

Pokemon:
3-3 Excadrill
2 Terrakion NV

3 Enhanced Hammer
3 Crushing Hammer
4 Pokemon Catcher
(All other good T/S/S)

And such. I could see that taking off... The problem is, you need to work around Tornadus. I'd suggest teching a Zekrom in there, and a few prisms or blend energies.

Here's what I'd use:

4-4 Excadrill
2 Terrakion

4 Crushing Hammer
2 Lost Remover
3 Exp. Share
2 Rocky Helmet
4 PONT
4 N
2 Juniper
2 RR
3 Catcher
2 PlusPower
4 Heavy Ball
1 Super Rod
1 Energy Switch
2 Switch
3 Junk Arm
1 Ruins of Alph

12 Fighting

May be a card or 2 off, but it's pretty much what you want.

Back