BW/BW2 English Names For Revealed Pokemon

Three new Pokemon and a new name!

Onokkusu- Something like Mantro (Mantis+Rock) (Based off it being a pre-evolution or evolution of Ononokusu)
Burokko- I really need to know more about it.
Mamanbō- Luvli (Based off Luvdisc?) (Pronounced "Love-leye")
Gigaiasu- Same as before, Probosaur (Probopass+Dinosaur)

not all pokemon are double words you know. remember that previous post? DUH! what about pikachu? Umbreon? Piplup? Chimchar? Turtwig?

As I have said before, Pokemon are almost never a combination of two words, but it makes speculation a lot easier. Chimchar is not a good example because of:

Chimchar (Chimpanzee+Charcoal)

All i have to say is that gamefreak better name the crocodile Crocodune.
Whoever came up with that name is a freaking genius

Decmaster said:
As I have said before, Pokemon are almost never a combination of two words, but it makes speculation a lot easier. Chimchar is not a good example because of:

Chimchar (Chimp+Charcoal)

Actually, I think a good amount of English Pokemon names (and Japanese ones for that matter) are portmanteaus of two or more words.

I thought of a cool name for the Luvdisc evolution. How about "Cupish" (Cupid+Fish). Pronuounced "Q-pish". The name would refer to it's "Cupid-like" ability to bring couples together. Also it would be known as the "Romance Pokémon" <3

zorua=zoro
moguruco-megarocko
hidurama=hidurua
tsutaja=trizard
mijumaru=wotter
pokabu=firig
chiramii=narmii
munna=punted
musharna=punarnara
gear=scear
mamepato=flove
shinama=sparged
rankarsu=rankarumble
gozicheru=gozicergob
koromori=psyat
kibago=kibago
minzumi=eyezumi
wooguru=nogoro
moryguru=grillet
ononkusku=ofonsu
doryzuu=hrizzet
desukan=hellanger
denchura=trenchura
gigaisu=digasiu
mamanboo=lamlamlove
hatooboo=batootoo
tsutajus evoltion=gsusagias
mijumarus evoluton=megamaru
pokemon that is at the end of 13th movie=mookubuu
zoroark=zoroark
zekrom=zekrom
reshiram=reshiram

Decmaster said:

Why did you give evidence against your own (terrible) theory in the same post?

SPM3 said:
Before trying to sound more intelligent than the rest of us, please use the correct word, idiot. You mean SLITHER not SLIVER. Go back to school and get your edjumacayshon.
Harsh. Keep up the good work.

hatedisc said:
Why did you give evidence against your own (terrible) theory in the same post?

SPM3 said:
Before trying to sound more intelligent than the rest of us, please use the correct word, idiot. You mean SLITHER not SLIVER. Go back to school and get your edjumacayshon.
Harsh. Keep up the good work.

What do you mean by keep up the good work?

PokeBlog said:
not all pokemon are double words you know. remember that previous post? DUH! what about pikachu? Umbreon? Piplup? Chimchar? Turtwig?

Pikachu is. Umbreon is. Chimchar is. Turtwig is.

The only example with leverage you gave is Piplup, I honestly don't know about that one. =P

Majora_787 said:
Pikachu is. Umbreon is. Chimchar is. Turtwig is.

The only example with leverage you gave is Piplup, I honestly don't know about that one. =P

Piplup is a double word: "Pi" is the prefix to Penguin in most languages and "Plup" is the noise of something hitting the water. Alternatively, "Pip" could mean small.

zoruamaster said:
zorua=zoro
moguruco-megarocko
hidurama=hidurua
tsutaja=trizard
mijumaru=wotter
pokabu=firig
chiramii=narmii
munna=punted
musharna=punarnara
gear=scear
mamepato=flove
shinama=sparged
rankarsu=rankarumble
gozicheru=gozicergob
koromori=psyat
kibago=kibago
minzumi=eyezumi
wooguru=nogoro
moryguru=grillet
ononkusku=ofonsu
doryzuu=hrizzet
desukan=hellanger
denchura=trenchura
gigaisu=digasiu
mamanboo=lamlamlove
hatooboo=batootoo
tsutajus evoltion=gsusagias
mijumarus evoluton=megamaru
pokemon that is at the end of 13th movie=mookubuu
zoroark=zoroark
zekrom=zekrom
reshiram=reshiram

Honestly, don't just add "Fire" and "Pig" or "Water" and "Otter" together. Names are made up of words that mean something about the type, like how Moltres is not "Firird" or Pikachu is "Elouse".

Anyways, I'm beggining to attached to the Japanese names. I don't think I could let go of Mijumaru, Meguroko or Pokabu. For some reason those names half sound English to me. :p

You may say that now, but you WILL submit to the english names eventually, like everyone else did. xD

=P My roommate called random pokemon by japanese names for a long time, until she realized that when it comes to talking to european and american players it's really annoying.

PokeBlog said:

This is exactly what i tried to explain!

A legendary!

Victini- Since the other two legendaries revealed at this point are keeping their names, maybe Victini will too. Also, I like the name Victini.

Decmaster said:

There's quite a few with a combination of two words...
Turtwig = Turtle + Twig
Charmander = Char(coal) + Salamander
Squirtle = Squirt + Turtle
Sunkern = Sunflower + Kernel
Delibird = Delivery + Bird
Houndoom... Well... Hound + Doom
Need I use Luvdisc? :p

Back