BW/BW2 English Names For Revealed Pokemon

Decmaster

Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
We (being the members of Pokebeach) know that Reshiram and Zekrom are the English and Japanese names for them, and we're pretty sure that Zoroark and Zorua are the English and Japanese names for them, but what about the other revealed Pokemon? Like Hihidaruma and Meguroku? But please don't post the starters names, go to LeafeonMaster601's thread for that.

Chiraamii- I love the name and hope it comes to America
Meguroku- Groundile (Ground+Crocodile)
Hihidaruma- Firilla (Fire+Gorilla)
Gear- What an uncreative Japanese name. Getal (Gear+Metal)
Mamepato- Dovey (Dove+the -ey ending on Pidgey)
Munna- Changed to Tireed
Shimama- Zebring (Zebra+Lightning)

I will update this as more Pokemon are announced.

UPDATE: Eight new Pokemon announced!

Ononokusu- Mantrock (Mantis+Rock)
Doryuuzu- Motal (Mole+Metal)
Desukaan- Deathcophagus? (Death+Sarcophagus)
Denchura- Tarantric (Tarantula+Electric)
Unrevealed Left- Ganda? (Ghost+Panda)
Unrevealed Middle- Probosaur (Probopass+Dinosaur)
Unrevealed Right- Vudo?
Moguryuu- Motai (pre-evo name for Motal)

UPDATE 2: Four more Pokemon revealed!

Coromori- Puffat (Puffball+Bat)
Larvitar-Looking-Thing- (Need to see the full colored sprite and what type he is)
Mijumaru evo- (Need to see the full colored sprite and what Mijumaru's english name is)
Tsutaaja evo- (Need to see the full colored sprite and what Tsutaaja's english name is)

UPDATE 3: Two new Pokemon revealed!

Nezumimi- It kind of sounds like Chiraami, but I'll have to see it to name it.
Unnamed- I'll have to see it to name it.
The one with a drawing looks a bit like Gligar.

UPDATE 4: One new Pokemon announced (and another revealed in full)!

Green Monkey- I really need to know more about it.
Larvitar-Looking-Thing- I really need to know more about it.

UPDATE 5: One new Pokemon announced and three names revealed!

Hatoopoo- Dovler (Based on Dovey for Mamepato, this name is based on the fact that Hatoopoo is an evolution of Mamepato)
Rankurusu- Like I said before, Vudo?
Gochiruzeru- Like I said before, Ganda?
Kibago- I'd like to know more about it, but for now, Grassaur? (Grass+Dinosaur?)

UPDATE 6: A lot!

Wooguru- Eaglear (Eagle+war)
Munna- Darn! Gotta revisit! Tireed
Musharna- Darn! Munna doesn't evolve into Drowzee! *sigh...* Sleepii (because it's asleep :p )
Musharna's evo- THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED! I'm just hoping there is one so this naming system works. Oocee (Stands for out cold) (pronounced O.C.)
Gochiruzeru- I've got a more realistic name for it: Cellreen (Cell+green)
Kibago- I've got a more realistic name for it: Fansau (Fang+dinosaur-r) (Pronounced "fan-sao")
Koromori- Still as before: Puffat
Minezumi- Chipree (Based on chipmunk)
Unnamed in commercial- I really need to know more about it.

Uug... the names are mixed up and some of my names are based off incorrect information. Here's the fixes:

Gochiruzeru- The gothic one: Gotiselle (Gothic+madmoiselle) (what it's name derives from in Japan)
Rankurusu- The green blob: Chaonculus (Chaos+homunculus) (what it's name derives from in Japan)

UPDATE 7: Three new Pokemon and a new name!

Onokkusu- Something like Mantro (Mantis+Rock) (Based off it being a pre-evolution or evolution of Ononokusu)
Burokko- I really need to know more about it.
Mamanbō- Luvli (Based off Luvdisc?) (Pronounced "Love-leye")
Gigaiasu- Same as before, Probosaur (Probopass+Dinosaur)

UPDATE 8: A legendary!

Victini- Since the other two legendaries revealed at this point are keeping their names, maybe Victini will too. Also, I like the name Victini.

UPDATE 9: Three new Pokemon revealed!

Shikijika- Bambi. Just kidding. Stantli (If it's a pre-evolution of Stantler, which is likely)
Miruhoggu- Chiprunk (based off the fact that he's an evolution of Minezumi)
Swan- I'd like to know more about it, but for now, Swanter (Swan+water)

I got a better name for Shikijika.
As for the other two, I'm still not in a very creative mood.

Wow, what awesome names.

Decmaster said:
We (being the members of Pokebeach) know that Reshiram and Zekrom are the English and Japanese names for them, and we're pretty sure that Zoroark and Zorua are the English and Japanese names for them, but what about the other revealed Pokemon? Like Hihidaruma and Meguroku? But please don't post the starters names, go to LeafeonMaster601's thread for that.

Chiraamii- I love the name and hope it comes to America
Meguroku- Groundile (Ground+Crocodile)
Hihidaruma- Firilla (Fire+Gorilla)
Gear- What an uncreative Japanese name. Getal (Gear+Metal)
Mamepato- Dovey (Dove+the -ey ending on Pidgey)
Munna- Sleepii (This name is based on the fact that Munna is a pre-evolution of Drowzee)
Shimama- Zebring (Zebra+Lightning)

I will update this as more Pokemon are announced.

I don't know about Chiramii coming to the US... it's CROCODUNE, I am sick of reminding people. =P

Getal sounds funny. I like it.

Mamepato IS a pigeon, and Hihidaruma is a Dharma Orangutan.

I like Sleepii too. But, I prefer 'Zapra' to Zebring. Then again, I can see Zebring happening anyway.

Now Zapra I like. Seal of approval for Zapra.

Majora_787 said:
Mamepato IS a pigeon

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mamepato_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

go to the bottom that says origin
it looks greatly like a pigeon but could be based of a dove also i didnt say it was only based on a dove

I don't agree with your logic for sleepii since it hasn't been confirmed as the prevo for Drowzee.

I could see Zebring but Zapra has the seal of approval. Same for Crocodune.

I've always liked Zapra. Crocodune is awesome, mamepato should be something like, Fligeon. (Fl from flying, igeon from pidgeon.) Hihidaruma should be Darburn. (Dar from Daruma, burn from... well... burn.) Gear should be something less stupid, like Rocogear. (Ro from rotation, cog from cog, gear from gear.) Munna needs a cool name, like Drearee. (Drea from dream, ree from dreary, only with 2 ee at the end instead of a y.)

At the end of the day, we have this:
Zapra
Crocodune
Fligeon
Darburn
Rocogear:p
Drearee

I hope this are appreciated, I spent 2 minutes on these names!:D

GRAAAAR! Hihidaruma is a baboon!

Personally I couldn't care less what the English names turn out to be, and a good thing too since some of the names coming out here may have dealt quite a few blows to my brain were the actual ones anything close! (Which exception of Crocodune, that's actually pretty nifty.)

Hear's my Ideas:

Hihidruama = Burnarilla (Burn+Gorilla)
Shimama = Zapbra (Zap+Zebra) (I thought of that First!)
Chiraamii = ?
Meguroko = Burrodile (Burrow+Crocodile)
Munna = Bapir (Baby+Tapir) or Tekkle (Teknesis+Cuddle)
Mamepato = Windgeon (Wind+Pigeon)
Gear = Technear (Technology+Gear)

Meh, I think "Zapra" is better. Zapbra just looks like zap and bra put together. xD
Babaruma could be Hihidaruma's English name... (Baboon + Daruma)
Groundile seems pretty good for Meguroko's name. But it's too similar to Totodile. Crocodune (IMO) sounds better. :3
Purgeon for Mamepato (Purge + Pidgeon) Couldn't think of a better name. x3
Gear's English name... Getal. End of.
Munna could either be Tapink or Sleepir (Tapink is Majora's idea :>)
Chiraamii could be Chinchami. Just simply changing the "chir" to "chinch" for chinchilla.
Oh, and getting rid of the extra A and I. :B

ManhattanTheStarr said:
They're just thoughts to what their English names could be. They aren't the actual names. >.>

GOOD, because in a way, I really hope that Munna is not the pre-evolution for Drowze, Munna is better than that.{P}:D{P}

kangaskhan said:
i think gear should be called Giaru
because thats what bulbapedia have called it and tbh it sounds pretty cool
From a Japanese point of view they're the same word. To put it simply, in order for foreign words to be put into the Japanese language they undergo a change that make it pronounceable for Japanese people.

Of course under the same rules "Chiraamii" could even be interpreted as "Chilarmy"etc.
It's very much translator's discretion in many cases.

Spazzermon said:
GOOD, because in a way, I really hope that Munna is not the pre-evolution for Drowze, Munna is better than that.{P}:D{P}

Same here. :3
Munna is feminine and will probably have that 75% female and 25% male gender ratio. I'm almost positive of that. Tapink would be an awesome name for it, IMO. :D

Oh and ZoroarkDude24, Technear is WAY better than my lame Getal name for Gear. I like it. :)

Gear - Metagear (metal+gear)
Munna - Tamare (tapir+nightmare)
Meguroko - Crocound (crocodile+ground)
Shimama - Zebolt (zebra+volt)
Mamepato - Dovwing (dove+wing. Sounded cooler with both the V and W XD)
Hihidaruma - Burnoon or Buarma (burn+baboon burn+dharma)
Chiramii - Chinchi (just the first part of chinchilla 8D)

Back