English Kyurem-EX, Both Entei from 'Ancient Origins'

Actually, I'm quite happy with smaller sets. Energy Recycler was a good choice, Lysandre was a fine reprint since it was recently printed in Japan again (Dragon Ray deck).
Well, based on what the leaker has released thus far, we know 99% of the cards that are going to be in the set. The 1 card we don't know about is spot #98 in the full arts (best potential inclusion is Steven FA). So until we see that leak, nothing coming out of these leaks is really surprising anymore since we have seen Energy Recycler and Lysandre, which represent the only new cards that we are getting in this set that Bandit Ring didn't have.

I personally wanted to be able to see the rarities of each card. I'm a stickler for rarities since most of the cards I get are pulled from packs.

Machamp- EX's first attack is Steaming Mad. .I thought it was Dynamicpunch. . it has the same effect but on this case,Mach is now confused on that attack. . but it was a cool name for an attack. .

My main point still stands, though, why putting a Lysandre reprint (or even just add 3 extra cards), when there are still so many japanese cards (specially promos) that would fit well in the set??/QUOTE]
It's to keep Lysandre in the format after the '16-17 rotation. Assuming that the following rotation is Primal Clash-on, we would lose Flashfire and hence Lysandre. Pokemon Catcher is on the bubble for rotating out this year and there's no reprint on the horizon. So yeah, reprinting Lysandre is more for gameplay/game balance purposes than anything else.

If I'm not wrong I think there is one more either reprint, English exclusive or something like energy recycle that's been seen in Japan but not here yet

Pokemon is all about transmedia and marketing. The TCG sets promote the other aspects of the franchise. For example, the Hoopa movie will be released in Japan next month, hence Bandit Ring focusing on Hoopa. America has to take time to dub the Hoopa movie, so the set meant to advertise it (Ancient Origins) won't be released until around the time the Hoopa movie will premiere here. If they were to release the set here in America at the same time as Japan, the marketing potential would be lost. This is why in the old days, whole sets would be reordered in America (like EX Legend Maker being between two Delta sets) so that the release of the set would coincide with the release of the movie it was meant to promote (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew).

Also, we've known for almost 15 years that sets are printed months and months in advance and probably planned more than a year in advance. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've already sent the XY BREAK set to the printers.

This doesn't really make sense in the USA opposed to Japan since most people here don't care about the movies. I mean they are essentially straight to dvd extra long episodes over here. Over there they are like Harry Potter. I don't think most kids would even think of the expansion as promotion of the movie but rather the other way around.

For me I don't mind of the long hiatus as it gives you time to collect each set. Plus the products can be spread out. I'll most likely buy some of the Bandit Ring boxes as well and they are cheaper then the English boxes.

Last edited:
It's to keep Lysandre in the format after the '16-17 rotation. Assuming that the following rotation is Primal Clash-on, we would lose Flashfire and hence Lysandre. Pokemon Catcher is on the bubble for rotating out this year and there's no reprint on the horizon. So yeah, reprinting Lysandre is more for gameplay/game balance purposes than anything else.

Catcher is not "on the bubble", it was reprinted in KSS.

Happy about the Lysandre reprint. Outside of recently trading for another FA Lysandre (which will definitely increase in value), it really needed a reprint. While it would still definitely be in the next format (15-16), Lysandre should see 3 Worlds as its a very balanced card.

I think M-Tyranitar EX could possibly be paired with Bad Energy (maybe throw in a few bats too) and be an absolute EX destroyer. The fact that after you mega evolve (if you have spirit link attached) you have the room for another tool like Muscle Band.

The only problem is Giratina-EX and "Faded Town" (Colour-Drained City is still better). It could do well in a very EX dominated metagame though.

There is no "on the bubble" with Pokemon Catcher, it was in KSS and KSS came out during the XY block, therefore it will not be rotated.

In case you couldn't tell, that was obvious sarcasm, "sir".
oh,sorry about that @Reggie McGigas . .I was observing on the cards from the time N was released,and then in xy times. . I observed that there are trainers from kalos are there like profs juniper and syca. . those sups hav the same func. . I was just said that I hope that there was a sup. card that has the same func like N.

in that case,thank you for your response on my reply.

oh good a Lysandre reprint! my hometown just pretty much started pokemon get-togethers (no leagues yet). and the stores here dont have flashfire, but luckily there are still phantom forces packs for the other stuff like sycamore, etc.

Back