'Elite Trainer Deck Shield' Tin Photos [8/27]

Sadly doesn't look too impressive for me to justify a purchase. I wish they would have at least included a sticker sheet like the original ones. Oh well.

I'm very disappointed in this. I thought it would provide better protection than a normal deck box, but it looks like it would just damage your cards. It fits a lot more than 60 sleeved cards, so your cards will be bouncing around in there. Plus the corners are rounded. So, what's going to happen is your cards will be shaking around in the tin, and the corners of the cards will hit up against the rounded edges. Next time you pull out your cards, the corners and edges will be all bent up.
So disappoint .-.

I like them, i'm just disappointed that they delayed the original release. Now i'll have to try to hunt them down in stores. I do agree though, for a nice looking small tin and 2 boosters, $10 is fine by me. And if people are concerned about cards getting damaged ... I wonder if a standard deck box fits inside of this? That'd be funny.

I'm also worried that my cards (or at least the sleeves on them) could get damaged bouncing around in there, but I'm not sure that I would put another deck box inside it just to use the tin. It does look like a nice size for storing top loaders though....

akida said:
I like them, i'm just disappointed that they delayed the original release. Now i'll have to try to hunt them down in stores. I do agree though, for a nice looking small tin and 2 boosters, $10 is fine by me. And if people are concerned about cards getting damaged ... I wonder if a standard deck box fits inside of this? That'd be funny.

Tried that, it does. It's pretty tight and you might have trouble taking it out afterwards, but yeah, it fits. xD

Luispipe8 said:
akida said:

Tried that, it does. It's pretty tight and you might have trouble taking it out afterwards, but yeah, it fits. xD

In that case, a possible solution would be to get a plastic ultra pro deck box, chop off the top part of the deck box and adhere it to the inside of the tin. Then it would have sharp corners holding the cards instead of the rounded. Sounds kinda stupid but it could solve potential storage/deck carrying concerns for people wanting to buy this. :)

Gah, why can't everything in life be a rectangular prism?

I remember a civil engineer who hated this architect because the architect would design things to have tons of curves and angles that aren't all ninety degree angles, which made the civil engineer have to do more calculations than if the building were just a cube.

Bought one of each, for anyone wondering heres what I pulled from the packs:

Charizard deck shield, FA Xerneas EX

Yveltal/Xerneas deck shield, FA Pokemon Fan Club

GadgetJax said:
Like if you noticed that his sleeves had a Furious Fists Eevee:shy:

We Youtube now

Dicebox looks pretty sweet. Tin itself is... Well, it's a tin. Minimal design never looked too good to me on tins, they always seemed like a loud, proud box. Not too big a fan of these with that in mind. Makes me miss the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald tins that were full-blown and colorful.

Speaking of being able to store sleeves, does anybody know a nice place to get HQ sleeves for less than $5, aside from the ones included in Elite Boxes? Thx

GadgetJax said:
Speaking of being able to store sleeves, does anybody know a nice place to get HQ sleeves for less than $5, aside from the ones included in Elite Boxes? Thx

You probably won't be able to find a set of 60 high quality sleeves for less than $6 or 7$ since most packs of standard size sleeves are sold in sets of 50, 80, or 100.
Ultra pros are not too bad of sleeves and are pretty cheap though (about 3.50~4.00 per 50). I know a lot of people who swear by KMCs though, which are about 8~10 USD for a set of 80. The guy who runs my local gaming store says Legion sleeves aren't too bad either; particularly Legion Silvers (but those are no longer run).
If you have a local gaming store, I'd suggest checking there. Some comic shops will have sleeves too, otherwise I'd suggest just ordering them online.

By the way, are these at big box stores or only at card shops/hobby shops? I've looked around and haven't found any around my area.

GadgetJax said:
Actually, the ones in the elite trainer boxes aren't high quality. None of the ones Pokemon makes are. They just look cool. The only high quality sleeves are matte ones. This makes it so the cards don't slide around each other in a deck. Ultra Pro Matte Sleeves are $4 or less for a pack of 50.
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_list.php?cPath=70_141

xGallade said:
Can you store toploaders in these deck shields?!

Actually, you can. I finally got my hands on both deck shield tins and yes, they can hold up to 12 toploaders. No more than 12 will fit because the edges of the tin are rounded. The only problem is that if you have regular toploaders in the tin, you cannot close it with the dice compartment. You have to remove that dice compartment and slide the lid on.

Standard Ultra Pro deck boxes also fit (the Ultra Pro ones w/ the pokemon on the front that have a huge front flap do not fit in at all, keep that in mind.) but, its a super tight fit unless you cut off the top of the deck box. Otherwise, it slides right in.

Other than that, the tins are super sturdy (because the corners are rounded) and look fantastic!

I got the Yvetal/Xerneas one today at my local gaming/league store.
The thing is huge, but the cards don't seem to move around that much if you have the dice holder in.
That's the cool part about this, is that is removable and I can fit all the dice from 1 of each elite trainer box in there.
Plus the 2 condition counters, so I don't have to keep them in a leather bag.

I can't find these anywhere. Walmart, Target, and TRU don't have them in. I might check the comic shop since that's really the only other place I can think of.

Back