Eevee & Snorlax-GX Tag Team Partially Revealed!

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Weakness to fighting. Again. A LOT of pokemon can OHKO that thing, including baby buzz with a little help on the Sledghammer turn.

Not playing against fighting? then that's a pretty wicked card.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
I do not think the rewards outweigh the risks. You're re giving up half your prize cards for a Pokémon that has a substantial energy cost, and only has a good attack if your opponents active is an evolution. Hard pass on ever playing this card, I'll stick with shrine decks and scoop three easy prize cards!

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Still can't wait to see what Wailord and Magikarp's going to be like.

[W][W][W][W] Magikarp's Splash: But nothing happened!

[W][W][W][W] Wailord's Splash: your Wailord just initiated a tsunami! Your opponent's active and benched Pokémon have all been swept away and knocked out. Take all the prize cards.

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu Tag with Zeraora and Naganadel + energy switches? :eek:

Eevee Tag with NewGaleo + DCE? :eek:

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Tag teams are too risky to be a deck of their own in my opinion, but this is an auto inclusion as a 1 of in malamar or literally anything with good energy acceleration in my opinion. If you're against fighting, just don't use it and stick with your psychic attackers

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
Could actually see this eevee tag being thrown into a marshadow-toolbox malamar deck for targeting evolution pokemon? Maybe not that much of an advantage over using necrozma-gx's attack which will actually hit for 250 with 4 energy attached....

Expert_Occultist

Magic card player
Yup, I don't get the cries of "POWERCREEP". 3 of these have a weakness to fighting (I assume zoro/gren will too) and the ghosts will be weak to dark. It's like they made them weak to established mons/decks on purpose. That's just good game design to test the waters with these

Xenth

Aspiring Trainer
Yup, I don't get the cries of "POWERCREEP". 3 of these have a weakness to fighting (I assume zoro/gren will too) and the ghosts will be weak to dark. It's like they made them weak to established mons/decks on purpose. That's just good game design to test the waters with these
This is the second Tag Team GX fully revealed. Look at any other new card mechanic added to the game. They only get more powerful as the sets go on.

Expert_Occultist

Magic card player
This is the second Tag Team GX fully revealed. Look at any other new card mechanic added to the game. They only get more powerful as the sets go on.
I'm sure they'll get more support. I'm just not seeing any immediate alarms going off in my mind based on what we know here. If they get support that makes them not lose to established decks then it's probably gonna be ok.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu Tag with Zeraora and Naganadel + energy switches? :eek:

Eevee Tag with NewGaleo + DCE? :eek:
Using Energy Switch for a stupid reason is NOT a good idea since you burn cards and no essential item recovery ATM. Ok, I know on Oranguru but besides on that.
  • Eevee & Snorlax TTGX - High HP, Baby Buzz #HeyNick and Diancie can still OHKO it, amazing attacks, easily throw on a Malamar. 5 Geodudes

Wechselbalg

brb
The Zekrom one is not really worth it imo but the Snorlax one is really bulky if you're not playing against fighting and with energy acceleration the second attack is actually good.

I'm still not liking Tag Team because being able to take 3 prizes for a simple KO is just too much - on the other hand they can be unstoppable late game sweepers, especially if the future ones will be better/Tag Team gets support in the form of trainer cards. None of these ideas really appeal to me.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Snorlax's attack of 240 plus being colorless and it's hp is gonna be in a lot of decks, it will only have to watch out for fighters but it can have ways to get around that.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Eevee... and Snorlax? I have to say that's an unusual pair-up. It's like they drew names from a hat so they could put together an OP Pokemon with a weakling. Makes no sense whatsoever.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
I get but also don't get why people get so...reactionary on "power creep". Like of course every single set is going to have some form of power creep. It HAS too otherwise the company cannot make money (plus imo it makes the game more interesting). Plus I don't think these are all too too powerful either. Sure they have high attack and HP but the prize cost and resource loss when knocked out could be really bad. We'll just have to see when they come out.