Eevee & Snorlax-GX Tag Team Partially Revealed!

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, with four Meet Up Wishiwashi on the bench and a Fighting Fury Belt attached, Wishiwashi GX has 330 HP.

Yeah, because Wishiwashi considers abilities, and that's an extra thing.

The said HP "record" observed on the GX at the center of topic stands as the "base max HP", or the given-by-card HP. FYI, the aforementioned "base max HP" does not include any possible HP numbers arising from Abilities, attacks, tools, among other added factors(including Crystal Wall-holding Black Kyurem from Boundaries Crossed(and is thus not in Standard anymore) which has a max HP stat of 300, 10 short of the Eevee & Snorlax TT card's HP) that may be added to the given number on the top right corner of the pokemon card to alter said number...

EDIT:

Nice old wives' rumor at article's end, WPM! Surely, everyone knows that many people fell for the "Mew under the truck" trick in pokemon Red & Green/Blue, and either proved the trick as a fake, or froze their game up by the cheating device and the Missingno.

Last edited:

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
270 hp! Shame it sucks, but that appears to be the trend with these cards...

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
And how long exactly will that take to set up? I think cards that hit for energy costs, such as rayquaza and gardevoir GX will have a better time taking that Down. Weakness might become crucial in this new 250+ HP metagame.
Dhelmise is usually benched turn 2-3, Solgaleo set up turn 3, Choice Band turn 1. Not that hard tbh.

Alex Sableye

What the.... 270 HP? 270 HP? 270??
Really?
Attach a FFB and you have 310. New record.
Black Kyurem EX with crystal wall attached and that old stadium that gave +20 hp to basics (can't remember the name) had 320.

Edit: Wishiwashi GX with four meet up Wishiwashi benched, that old stadium (Snowpoint temple?) out, and a fighting fury belt attached has 350.

Last edited:

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Dhelmise is usually benched turn 2-3, Solgaleo set up turn 3, Choice Band turn 1. Not that hard tbh.
Right there is the problem. Turn 3 the decks I mentioned are hitting shots turn two, turn 3 as well. Set up speed is key in this format, and Solgaleo doesn’t have that. Plus, this is a basic. Trust me, I know. I played solgaleo on ptcgo. Not too much success.

Alex Sableye

Right there is the problem. Turn 3 the decks I mentioned are hitting shots turn two, turn 3 as well. Set up speed is key in this format, and Solgaleo doesn’t have that. Plus, this is a basic. Trust me, I know. I played solgaleo on ptcgo. Not too much success.
And there's your problem. PTCGO is a whole other format in itself, where rouge decks have a shot. Irl, I have a 90% win rate with my Metagross/Solgaleo deck. Buzzwole's speed is admittedly an issue, but usually I just tank through it, sacrificing a Metagross to the Absorption, and then smooth sailing from there. Golisopod is actually the bigger issue, since it constantly retreats, and has Zoroark for consistency and Acerola for healing.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
And there's your problem. PTCGO is a whole other format in itself, where rouge decks have a shot. Irl, I have a 90% win rate with my Metagross/Solgaleo deck. Buzzwole's speed is admittedly an issue, but usually I just tank through it, sacrificing a Metagross to the Absorption, and then smooth sailing from there. Golisopod is actually the bigger issue, since it constantly retreats, and has Zoroark for consistency and Acerola for healing.
Decks in PTCGO are based off decks IRL. The thing with solgaleo is that it takes hits from decks such as kiawe, and with blacephalon GX coming into the format it's not guaranteed that many metal decks will be around long enough for tag team GX.

Alex Sableye

Decks in PTCGO are based off decks IRL. The thing with solgaleo is that it takes hits from decks such as kiawe, and with blacephalon GX coming into the format it's not guaranteed that many metal decks will be around long enough for tag team GX.
I highly doubt anyone actually plays Toxapex GX or Alolan Exeggutor GX irl, but that's beside the point. Solgaleo has access to Altar of the Sunne, and with less Field Blowers being played nowadays, that is definitely an asset. And no offense but Blacephelon GX isn't really a good comparison, since it takes even more pieces than Solgaleo, and runs out of steam fairly quickly (based off proxy testing). A better example would be things like the new Charizard and Volcanion EX, which can hit extremely high numbers without weakness, but at that point Buzzwole does it better.

In summary, there are cards to take care of it.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
I highly doubt anyone actually plays Toxapex GX or Alolan Exeggutor GX irl, but that's beside the point. Solgaleo has access to Altar of the Sunne, and with less Field Blowers being played nowadays, that is definitely an asset. And no offense but Blacephelon GX isn't really a good comparison, since it takes even more pieces than Solgaleo, and runs out of steam fairly quickly (based off proxy testing). A better example would be things like the new Charizard and Volcanion EX, which can hit extremely high numbers without weakness, but at that point Buzzwole does it better.

In summary, there are cards to take care of it.
Well, the thing is, there are quite a few Pokémon tools coming into the game through lost thunder and tag team, which may up field blower count. I also am not sure if taking out field blowers is the greatest plan, due to, as you said, not having them allows cards such as shrine of punishment or choice band to give your opponent the upper hand.
Also, Toxapex and Alolan executor GX? I don’t know how your finding those, but I bet you played those once, maybe twice, right? Really, rogue decks aren’t popular anywhere, and the only people I’ve seen play them are people who don’t have the cards to create meta decks.
And what are your sources for blaecephalon? From the Japanese international championships, 3 of the top 32 decks, with one taking 2nd place, shows how well it can do. If sogaleo was really as good as you say, it, or a variant of it, would make top 32 in Japanese nationals, which it didn’t.

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
In fact 270 from BASIC was too big. In fact snorlax has Always big HP. Looks like it was +70-80 from Gx.
but with 3 price card pokemon now the one price cards was much better. (weakness) i mean baby buzzwole can OHKO this pokemon or any fighting with 140 attack,(or 160 if FFB). Pikachu and Zekrom Tag Team Gx was weakness too fighting too. Looks like fighting pokemon was strong again

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Well, definitely looks interesting. The attacks aren’t bad. I’m anxious to see what else we have in store.

du_megaman

Aspiring Trainer
240 damage for 3 energy... and with Lost Thunder, there are tons of decks with evolved pokemon... sheesh