'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

UrGardevoir_callsmeMaster

Aspiring Trainer
omg snow leaf badge doesnt even let zacian take a free win..

omg...bruh. post rotation is gonna be a minefield lol. the jump in IQ Im gonna need to even survive in this meta...compared to how brainless the current meta is, where games are all boss, boss game.

The worst thing is, I barely keep up with the current meta and its many twist and turns. This meta is gonna school my ass for playing like checkers, when i should be playing like chess.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Wait a second. Vaporeon V max doesn't specify basic pokemon on its first attack. Don't know how good it would be in standard or expanded but that is pretty neat.

Aspiring Trainer
Of the VMAX attacks, I think only Vaporeon VMAX's first attack is free with the tool. It only reduces the attack cost by 1 [C].
yeah, but that's still busted like a mf right? vaporeons first attack is free, then jolteon needs 1 energy to be pikarom-ing the field T2, and Flareon just needs energy attach T2.

wait...now that im reading it...it says V, not Vmax. By Jolteon V, Vaporeon V, and Flareon V...do they mean the VMAX or nah? because then thats much less impressive.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
yeah, but that's still busted like a mf right? vaporeons first attack is free, then jolteon needs 1 energy to be pikarom-ing the field T2, and Flareon just needs energy attach T2.

wait...now that im reading it...it says V, not Vmax. By Jolteon V, Vaporeon V, and Flareon V...do they mean the VMAX or nah? because then thats much less impressive.

The official rulebook answers this question. Pokémon VMAX are Pokémon V. Here's the quote out of Appendix C:

Appendix C: Pokémon VMAX

Pokémon VMAX can take your Pokémon V to the next level! These massively powerful cards come with monstrous HP and attacks—suitable for these giant Pokémon! Most Pokémon VMAX have 300 or more HP, making them very difficult to take down in battle.

But with great power comes great risk: if your Pokémon VMAX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Notice that Lapras VMAX evolves from Lapras V. This means you can only evolve Lapras VMAX from Lapras V, not regular Lapras! Also, Pokémon VMAX are a new stage: VMAX. These cards count as Evolution cards, and all the normal rules for Evolution apply to Pokémon VMAX. And although Pokémon VMAX are a different stage, they are still considered Pokémon V—so if something affects Pokémon V, it also affects Pokémon VMAX.​

Aspiring Trainer
I just realised that Vaporeon is a rapid strike...just when I thought it already had endless possibilities

Umbreon being single strike means its damages can scale. Flareon is also single strike, so urn of vitality is another energy recyle option for it.

ELTRENDY BEAST

Aspiring Trainer

In its name

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Gonna tell my own opinion but not 100% sure that I'm the best at analize:

Vaporeon line: Looks consistent, not too good, not too bad. I like the first attack of the Vmax.

Jolteon line: free retreat as expected for both. the V is a bit bland, Vmax will probably be unplayable, 300hp and weak to fighting = 1 energy K.O from RS Urshifu.

Flareon line: I don't think it looks really good. You need to discard 4 energies to One-shot Vmaxes (except Jolteon or weakness) and you might deck yourself out against Cheryl or 1 prizers. I think it looks like a worse Sandaconda based on the energy cost and the 3 prizes rule, with Sandaconda you can afford "dead" turns except against ADP, who is rotating.

Unbreon line: Basically Lycanrock GX so that is good but I'm not a fan of its attacks. I can see it in Eternatus and the fact that they don't share the same weakness is nice.

Espeon Line: Looks like an ok secondary attacker / support, but I think it doesn't look as usefull as Umbreon.

Leafeon: I'm waiting for the Vmax before saying to much, but the basic having a good turn 1 ability is already a nice point.

Glaceon Line: Now that we know the Vmax, "Ice Ascension" makes a lot more sense and becomes a really good attack to have a Vmax wall turn 1 if you play second. I really like the ability of Glaceon Vmax but it might hit a bit too low. Scary part is that it will be really weak to path to the peack. Weak to metal hurts but the tool is nice to help it.

Sylveon: Same as Leafeon basically. I like the ribbon badge.

the badges: I think most of them are playable, but the one for espeon/Umbreon looks a bit underwhelming

Edit: Super sad that the badges specify "V" pokemon. Just to be sure that one prizers eveelution can't see any play in the future I guess...

Last edited:

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
This is just showing that the PTCG just doesn't care a darn about power creep! o_O
Wow... You got these cards that would have ruled/dominated/decimated formats and people are arguing about playability.

I'm really hoping they drop this whole "everything has to be basic and a EX style card" back to the game beeing a bit slower and not just everything having tripple digits.

I always kinda wanted to return to the game but then I see these boring gimmicks beeing still used over and over.
Was the thing that made me quit tournament play and is what keeps me out.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Umbreon would be great in eternatus if eevee was a dark type
Edit: I'm stupid, and so used to playing in a GX format lmao

Dragon

TheDragonEmpire
imagine i ce rider with Vaporeon Vmax! Energy acceleration then max potion, giovani's exile repeat! THIS IS CRAZY! Remember to check my YT channel out when this drops'!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
This is just showing that the PTCG just doesn't care a darn about power creep! o_O
Wow... You got these cards that would have ruled/dominated/decimated formats and people are arguing about playability.

I'm really hoping they drop this whole "everything has to be basic and a EX style card" back to the game beeing a bit slower and not just everything having tripple digits.

I always kinda wanted to return to the game but then I see these boring gimmicks beeing still used over and over.
Was the thing that made me quit tournament play and is what keeps me out.

I say this all the time but come play variant formats with me. The cards outside of this big numbers paradigm are usually very well designed, so the format is pretty balanced going back to BW era and beyond.

Interesting wording there, "with Espeon V in it's name?" so obviously VMAX is included, but does this point to the V-Union mechanic?

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Some people are hyping these cards up way too much. For the most part, we already have most of these effects already.

Flareon V-Max: Sandaconda but worse. It's 3 prizes and 2 attachments - at least not 3 - which means you need to use Houndoom and Single Strike Energy and the tool to attack. And given the hefty line of support you have to run, you won't be hitting a full 300-500 until the late game. Even Sandaconda, that plays 26-28 energy sometimes finds itself hitting for 60-120 damage early game, I know because I play the deck.

Vaporeon V-Max attack is Dark Union from Zoroninja, and like Zoroninja, using your attack to setup is a waste of damage and tempo. Unless the attacker you're setting up is so powerful, you're giving your opponent a dead turn to setup. Stick to Frosmoth/Melony.

Jolteon V-Max hits for a single L with its tool, and is yet another spreader. 100/100 for L is crazy stupid, so what's the deal? Well, that Fighting weakness. Still, I can kinda see it work as THE electric deck post-rotation, given that it can use Cheryl and Rose for good support.

Espeon V-Max is bad support. Maybe some deck includes it as a 1-1 line but that's it.

Glaceon V-Max is... Eh. We already have that effect on Zamazenta V , and between Phoebe, Aegislash V, 4 Boss Orders and Escape Rope, and 90% of bench hitters, we don't lack options to hit through its immunity. Hell, even Urshifu Single Strike Hit goes through its immunity.

Umbreon V-Max is crazy stupid - as a support mon that is. Eternatus and incense compatible, and future searchability from Single Strike support? Yes please. My only issue is that we are losing Giovanni's exile as soon as we get these, so re-using it is out of the question, but being able to Marnie and then gust is about as broken as plays go, and even using it one time should put you ahead of the game.

Last edited:

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
ok why are these all so good!?!?! I know I'm late to the party but PTCI really uses their creative energy on their selling cards..

Flareon VMAX- Originally I really liked this until I realized it costs 3 energy to attack. Even with that badge it requires to much to set up with AND discard 5 energy from your deck. This looked like a nice late game cleaner, but for 3 energy?? too much to ask for

Vaporeon VMAX- CLEARLY THE WINNER HERE! It's first attack is NUTS! Are you telling me I can cheat out a stage 2 pokemon AND attach 3 water energies to it? Are you telling me I can do crazy Cheryl loop shenanigans with Vaporeon VMAX? Are you telling me I can set up any Water VMAX pokemon next turn? That's before we get into the 2nd attack which is even nuttier. 200 for a single energy attachment!! (Badge+Rapid Strike Energy) A single goon ping(we all know how easy that is to set up) and Vaporeon is an immediate threat with very little downsides. Just winning at everything here...O AND rapid strike support

Jolteon VMAX- Ok Jolteon V ain't lookin so bad now lol I hope they print out bench protection after mew rotates. Because this will clean games fast. With that badge your a major threat for a single energy attachment.

Glaceon VMAX- Zamazenta on a VMAX. I dig it! Also that badge means you aren't free to Zacian V. Also makes Glaceon's V Ascension attack really good. This will come out once Tag teams are gone, making this a huge threat in the meta. Phoebe instantly becomes a better card thanks to this.

Umbreon VMAX- My 2nd Favorite from this list. Blood thirsty eyes on a good attacker! Yes please! Eternatus now has better gusting. SS Urshifu VMAX is alot stronger now. More importantly, I just want to play this card by itself and smack things around for 160+ Single Strike Energy. O and forgot it's a great partner with Gengar VMAX. It's a great time to be a fan of Single Strike pokemon!

The Badges- All of these badges are GREAT! They do a great job of supporting all of the eeveelutions. The elemental badges are the best but all of them will be used on their respective eeveelution. These badges will make Tool Scrapper/Jammer much more viable.

All in All- I want to get testing done on Vaporeon VMAX straight away!! These are some amazing cards which can warp the format in some way.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing how amazing the others are makes me even more sad that Espeon VMAX is kinda bad. I'm still gonna have some fun with it though, and I think the format that introduces these is going to be a very interesting one. Maybe Umbreon VMAX can save Eternatus somewhat?

Hasn't Gengar always had the levitate ability making it's ground weakness nonexistent?

Not that it matters for the TCG, but Gengar lost Levitate completely in Gen 7, so it's now weak to Ground.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing how amazing the others are makes me even more sad that Espeon VMAX is kinda bad. I'm still gonna have some fun with it though, and I think the format that introduces these is going to be a very interesting one. Maybe Umbreon VMAX can save Eternatus somewhat?

I think it's only the "hype train" going on here, people are overeating and I can't see any of them being really tournament-worthy except maybe Umbreon as a support. Even Vaporeon as an attacker isn't really better than Urshifu in any situation and dealing 200 isn't gonna one shot anything + it can't hit cheryl + if you miss the goon ping you can't even 2HKO Vmaxes as 100 + 200 isn't a good math to have.

On the other end Espeon will be good against both Urshifus and Shadow Calyrex, so a good point for it. And the ability could be usefull in the future.

LightYearLiam

Pretty cool cards, but I personally don't expect most of them to be competitive. Those 5ban Graphics arts aren't looking too good...AKIRA EGAWA, on the other hand, continues to be amazing.

Making the badges specific to a certain generation's Eeveelutions is cute.