News 'Eevee-GX Box' in January!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Holden Sheeks a.k.a. WinterShorts
    Holden Sheeks

Seems like a cheeky yet very fun deck for Expanded, though if Vaporeon-GX can get OHKO'd when fighting a deck that OHKOs constantly (Solgaleo, Rayquaza, etc.) then healing does seem kind of pointless unfortunately.

2. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

So these will probably not get FAs? Not fair!

3. gema5 Aspiring Trainer
    gema5

That Vaporeon is the Death of shrine basics decks. The Abiliy is too good to pass up., with 2 Vaporeon you are healing 60 per turn, but let's not forget that it isnt just a sitting duck in the frontline: It hits fairly well, and has decent bulk to survive some turns around. Dumbbels also increase the HP to an aceptable 250hp.
    Sadly, it gets totally wrecked by rayquaza.

4. Pokebait Aspiring Trainer
    Pokebait

3 version eevee-gx wow

5. Kent Freeze Aspiring Trainer
    Kent Freeze

Just realizing that Sylveon-gx + memory energy on one of these eevee-gx is a quick way to get three cards from discard, which might Sylveon control decks with the end game in certain matchups.

6. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

7. Serperior 224/500
    Serperior

Advanced Member Member

So essentially Eevee-GX is a punching bag that heals when you evolve it. A cute punching bag.

I gotta admit the artwork on these are nice.

8. Vivek M Aspiring Trainer
    Vivek M

Why there are 3 different Eevee artworks, one for each box? Doesn't make any sense.

9. Senorsmith Aspiring Trainer
    Senorsmith

It looks like all the Eevee GX are sorta mirroring the evolution that they come with, thats neat!

10. pokemon64 Semi-Ace Trainer
    pokemon64

These GX Cards sure are interesting! I wonder what will be played more, Eevee GX or Energy Evolution Eevee?

Flareon is looking pretty decent, wonder if it will receive any play. Jolteon's Elec Bullet reminds me of Buzzwhole GX's Jet Punch (Although it doesn't have the Beast Energy to give it an extra 30). Head Volt looks good for only 2 Energy cards. Vaporeon's ability looks very useful, other than that I'm not really a big fan of Vaporeon GX. All in all I would probably buy Flareon's deck (Because Flareon is my favorite Kanto eeveelution). Jolteon deck was a close second for me

This is probably to distinguish the products more. Some don't want 3 of the same card.

11. Definitely the Energy Evolution Eevee. It's faster, and if you want to avoid getting damage on it, you'd play that first. Plus, it can be retrieved by Prof. Elm.

So for Sylveon GX, Eevee GX might be the best thing that's ever happened to it because of the stall mechanic.

pokemon64 likes this.
  12. pokemon64 Semi-Ace Trainer
    pokemon64

That makes sense. I would choose Energy Evolution Eevee too so I could evolve quickly. Speaking of Energy Evolution Eevee, did you know it is getting reprinted at McDonalds this year?

DragonFang101 likes this.
  13. Sure did, already picked one up. Came with a frickin awesome Zekrom model too :cool:

14. pokemon64 Semi-Ace Trainer
    pokemon64

Oh, it's already going on? That's cool. I don't want to look like a freak asking for a happy meal and then having to come back for the Eevee card. This must be the first time McDonalds gave out useful cards. I miss when they had unique art and McDonalds symbols like they did in the BW days

15. Haha don't worry about it. Just ask for the card and they'll understand. And yeah I remember the whole BK Pokemon deal. The first Pokemon card I ever got was actually a Happiny in a BK kids meal with a Darkrai deck box. How I miss those days...

pokemon64 likes this.
  16. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Flareon GX - That is nuts! Trash in the VGC, the card itself is super nuts! The GX atk let's you take final prizes. 5 Geodudes

17. George Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
    George

Yes! Yes! Thank you TPCi if you see this, thanks!

18. GM DracLord Shadow of Death
    GM DracLord

Looking overall upon all this card, I would have been better if they can be used together but sadly I see only Jolteon could be easily partner up with others.. Vaporeon & Flareon but are too dependent on 1 type energy decks.

- Can I get those Eeveelution Lovers to like this post to support me in Taskmaster

19. Nyora Ticked Off ^^
    Nyora

Eevee-GX just has Theta Max lol.

Primal Eevee-GX when??

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  20. PokeMedic Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
    PokeMedic

Articles Staff Activities Staff Member

I've lived long enough to remember when there weren't GX Pokemon.

pokemon64 likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?