News 'Eevee-GX Box' in January!

It seems like there will we 38 cards is this deck. Problably, just like the ash vs team rocket deck, there will be all unique cards in this deck. I'll pray for it!

Hmm my last comment seemed to disappeared. The GX attack of Flareon should be 20x the number of [R] energies across your board, which synegize with the first attack, instead of in the discard pile.
Your post was deleted because it's misinformation. The attack says discard pile.

Happy Maker should be adapted from Decidueye's Hollow Hunt and Banette's Tomb Hunt: "Put 3 cards from your discard pile into your hand."

Jolteon:
-Elecbullet > Electrobullet; this attack was first seen on Guardians Rising Alolan Graveler.
-Head Volt > Head Bolt; this was seen with Evolutions Electrode.

If you look closely, you can see that each Eevee GX art is paralleled to it’s respecitve Eeveelution.

Vaporeon-GX is busted good to fight with good to use as a base healer just busted will see play in water toolbox for sure.

I for one thought that these Eeveelutions would be underwhelming. But I am proven wrong by the Pokemon once again.

All of them will most likely find their places here and there.

Also, does Eevee-GX's ability allow you to evolve it into not GX Eeveelutions?

That would be the first.

Jolteon GX has free retreat, you can see it on the front of the box. Man, I love a good card with free retreat, makes it so much more playable.

Every single one of these Eeveelution GXs can kick ass in the right deck. I was hoping 1 of them would be good, but all 3? That's a dream come true.

Flareon-GX? Well, I am satisfied. I can run it in Expanded with Volcanion, and it could be good. I can definatley see this card somehow in the season. I will probably play it in expanded with Volcanion in Hartford!

I think many previous posts said that those cards are very good. This is the case if you look at Flareon, but the others may not be that great. Let me look at the cards:

Eevee GX

+ Can evolve into any Eeveelutions

- Can't evolve right away like Energy Evolution Eevee
- Weak to fighting types
- Gives away 2 Prize cards
- easy to KO
- No really useful attack, they are pretty standard

3/10. You rather play Energy Evolution Eevee.

Jolteon GX

+ HP are okay
+ No retreat cost
+ Nice GX attack, could do some more damage though
+ Head Volt can 2HKO but needs two attachments. If you pair it with some accleration like Tapu Koko Prism Star or the Lightning Prism Stadium it could be good

+/- Elecbullet is a nice 1-energy attack but it's also on Buzzwole which is a Basic that hits relevant weakness. Could be stronger.
- Weak to fighting types

Overall I'd give it a 6,5/10. It is decent but not meta defining.

Vaporeon GX

+ 210 HP
+ No that relevant weakness
+ Ability can prevent 2HKOs if you use more than one each turn (You could even heal 120 with 4 Vaporeon in play [or 170/220 with some Leafeon GX that evolved from Eevee GX and are retreated/switched afterwards])

- Hydro Pump: great if you can pair it with some accleration. Hits 40+90 = 130 if you use [W] energy to fulfill the attack cost.

+ Healing Shower is great against any kind of spread damage decks

- 2 retreat cost

- there is no good accleration to pair it with in standard

I'd say 6/10 because it is missing the energy accleration. If there was some good in standard I'd give it 8/10.

Flareon GX

+ 210 HP
+ Heat Stage is a really great attack that is a lot better than Reshiram's GX attack because it can be powered up and used in one turn and you can use it multiple times. Also, you use the 30 damage to prepare OHKOs.

+ Bright Flame is a good attack OHKOing a lot of cards with Choice Band and/or 30 damage from Heat Stage. Still, we need to know how many energies move to the discard pile.
+ No popular weakness

- Power Burn GX seems not so strong (it may have an additional effect we don't know)
- You'll need to Heat Stage once before Bright Flame, making it basically a 2HKO

In my opinion, Flareon is the best of the cards and can find it's place in the meta. 8/10!

Last edited:
Don’t forget about how much Jolteon GX has right now. For example Electric Power and Thunder Mountain but it’s most likely weak to Buzzwole and Zygarde

I agree it's not the best, but I still think Eevee-GX is a solid addition to the Eevee collection. Fighting weakness can easily be covered by Weakness Policy with everyone supposedly running fewer Blower counts (probably gonna get laughed at for that suggestion though). Being able to retrieve any 3 cards from the discard isn't bad for a [c] cost, seeing as people run Decidueye and Banette which have identical but less energy efficient GX attacks.
I would assume it would also allow you to evolve into any s1 Espeon as well, which could fit as a Brosquito counter.

Also leave it to Vaporeon's art to be the only one obscuring the weakness typing...haha

I for one thought that these Eeveelutions would be underwhelming. But I am proven wrong by the Pokemon once again.

All of them will most likely find their places here and there.

Also, does Eevee-GX's ability allow you to evolve it into not GX Eeveelutions?

That would be the first.
It does answer the important question of "What's the friggin point of an Eevee-GX?" though.

I don't know Japanese but that Flareon only needs 2 fire energy to attack (the last one is colorless) and judging from the fire symbol in the text, it seems to me that we only discard fire energy, meaning we only discard 1 (BROKEN) or 2 (more reasonable).
Correct me if I'm wrong with this logic.
Also, I don't know if it mentions it, but maybe you discard ALL fire energy on it?

Back