Eelzone, Magneboar, or Reshiboar?

alexmf2 said:
If you can find a good list with 2-2 RDL that would win more than the same list without RDL, tell me.

Reshiram EX is not hard to set up at all. It's quite a lot easier than almost every other deck in the format. It's also pretty hard to KO a 180 hp EX in one hit. And if you don't, your opponent can just SSU it up and start all over again. It is hitting 150 damage a turn. Not much can stand a constant beating like that for very long.

But, strait Reshiboar EX is inconsistent. 2-2 RDL is really good because if you KO 2 EXs (which is easy) you win.

iisnumber12 said:
But, strait Reshiboar EX is inconsistent. 2-2 RDL is really good because if you KO 2 EXs (which is easy) you win.

I fail to see your logic.

"Reshiboar is already inconsistent so lets add a bunch of cards to make it even more inconsistent, what could we lose?"

Uh, consistency.

alexmf2 said:
I fail to see your logic.

"Reshiboar is already inconsistent so lets add a bunch of cards to make it even more inconsistent, what could we lose?"

Uh, consistency.

It's way to Crush EXs makes up for it's occasional inconsistency. So, yes that is a terrible wording of my logic, lol.

iisnumber12 said:
It's way to Crush EXs makes up for it's occasional inconsistency. So, yes that is a terrible wording of my logic, lol.

It has more than just occasional inconsistency, and it can't even crush EX's. You would need to have something damage the EX beforehand, or your RDL would be KO'd before you could even take a single prize with it. 5-7 spots in a deck is not something that you can just throw around, those spots are much better used for other things.

alexmf2 said:
It has more than just occasional inconsistency, and it can't even crush EX's. You would need to have something damage the EX beforehand, or your RDL would be KO'd before you could even take a single prize with it. 5-7 spots in a deck is not something that you can just throw around, those spots are much better used for other things.

You would damage the EXs with Reshiram.

iisnumber12 said:
You would damage the EXs with Reshiram.

So your sacrificing 5-7 spots in a deck to attack with your main attacker once, and then find two specific pieces of a card that only two cards in your deck can get (Twins (if you play it) and Communication). You can only use Communication because you will need to use Cilan in order to get your energy. So then you use two Communications that you somehow have in your hand, along with two other pokemon that are completely unneeded, along with a Cilan and at least one other energy. And you are doing all of this after sacrificing at least 5 spots of consistency (And switching every Heavy Ball to Communication, sacrificing even more consistency) to even be able to do this in the first place. All for a single extra prize you will probably never be able to take.

alexmf2 said:
So your sacrificing 5-7 spots in a deck to attack with your main attacker once, and then find two specific pieces of a card that only two cards in your deck can get (Twins (if you play it) and Communication). You can only use Communication because you will need to use Cilan in order to get your energy. So then you use two Communications that you somehow have in your hand, along with two other pokemon that are completely unneeded, along with a Cilan and at least one other energy. And you are doing all of this after sacrificing at least 5 spots of consistency (And switching every Heavy Ball to Communication, sacrificing even more consistency) to even be able to do this in the first place. All for a single extra prize you will probably never be able to take.

You can always get Energies without using Cilan you know. Also, why does getting an RDL out seem impossible to you? You can easily get one out using Communication, Twins, Drawing into it, and any Supporter. It isn't too hard to do that.

iisnumber12 said:
You can always get Energies without using Cilan you know. Also, why does getting an RDL out seem impossible to you? You can easily get one out using Communication, Twins, Drawing into it, and any Supporter. It isn't too hard to do that.

You wont always get energy without using Cilan if you have already used 4 on a Reshiram EX. And because of that you can cross off using any Supporter to try and find it. Besides, you probably wont even have any Supporters to use, seeing as you probably sacrificed their spots in order to fit RDL in in the first place.

alexmf2 said:
You wont always get energy without using Cilan if you have already used 4 on a Reshiram EX. And because of that you can cross off using any Supporter to try and find it. Besides, you probably wont even have any Supporters to use, seeing as you probably sacrificed their spots in order to fit RDL in in the first place.

But, you don't ALWAYS need to use Cilan either. Reshiboar has plenty of Room for 4 cards that win tons of games.

iisnumber12 said:
But, you don't ALWAYS need to use Cilan either. Reshiboar has plenty of Room for 4 cards that win tons of games.

I thought Reshiboar was inconsistent. Use those 5-7 cards to make it more consistent, not less. And yes, you always need to use Cilan. How else are you going to get 3 energy plus one other energy that you will only run 1 of?

alexmf2 said:
I thought Reshiboar was inconsistent. Use those 5-7 cards to make it more consistent, not less. And yes, you always need to use Cilan. How else are you going to get 3 energy plus one other energy that you will only run 1 of?

Reshiboar gets dead draws sometimes. 5-7 cards aren't going to change that a ton. Minus well get an easy in when you get a decent draw.

iisnumber12 said:
Reshiboar gets dead draws sometimes. 5-7 cards aren't going to change that a ton. Minus well get an easy in when you get a decent draw.

Every deck gets dead draws sometimes. Thats why you have hand refresh. And if you use some of those 5-7 cards on hand refresh, that certainly is going to change a ton.

alexmf2 said:
Every deck gets dead draws sometimes. Thats why you have hand refresh. And if you use some of those 5-7 cards on hand refresh, that certainly is going to change a ton.

But, my point is RDL is a better use for those cards.

iisnumber12 said:
But, my point is RDL is a better use for those cards.

But, my point is its not. If you say the deck is inconsistent, don't make it even more inconsistent by adding RDL...

alexmf2 said:
But, my point is its not. If you say the deck is inconsistent, don't make it even more inconsistent by adding RDL...

But, you could take out a Reshiram or 2 and some other cards that don't help with consistency to put in RDL which makes up for the consistency loss. BTW, did you go to regionals in the fall?

iisnumber12 said:
But, you could take out a Reshiram or 2 and some other cards that don't help with consistency to put in RDL which makes up for the consistency loss. BTW, did you go to regionals in the fall?

...And then you only have 1 Reshiram.

Yes, I went to regionals this fall. I decked one game, got donked the next, and then got donked again. I dropped lol.

You played one of my friends in the finals. Nice job winning.

alexmf2 said:
...And then you only have 1 Reshiram.

Yes, I went to regionals this fall. I decked one game, got donked the next, and then got donked again. I dropped lol.

You played one of my friends in the finals. Nice job winning.

1-2 Reshirams should be enough to win a game.

Thanks, and was it Noah, Alexandria, or the kid in top 2?

iisnumber12 said:
1-2 Reshirams should be enough to win a game.

Thanks, and was it Noah, Alexandria, or the kid in top 2?

At minimum two. And even then you might as well scoop if one is prized.

It was the guy in top 2.

alexmf2 said:
At minimum two. And even then you might as well scoop if one is prized.

It was the guy in top 2.

Why would you scoop? You run (or should run) RDL, Badboar, Reshiram, Maybe a Magnezone Tech, and Mewtwo.

He's your friend? Does he know I only ran 1 Collector?

iisnumber12 said:
Why would you scoop? You run (or should run) RDL, Badboar, Reshiram, Maybe a Magnezone Tech, and Mewtwo.

He's your friend? Does he know I only ran 1 Collector?

If you run Badboar, regular Reshiram, and a Magnezone tech, then I don't even know what to say to you. That's probably the most inconsistent deck in the world.

I don't know if he knew that, why?

Back