Eelzone, Magneboar, or Reshiboar?

Gardevoir/Gothitelle/whatever you think the last G is can still work, and does. But it also runs Mewtwo. The only decks that run Mewtwo heavily are big basic decks that are greatly hurt by trainerlock and you run Mewtwos as revenge killers.

Like Cinema said, it's a soft counter. It handles it really well but obviously not as well as Mewtwo does.

Eelzone. It's the most consistent and can abuse techs better than the other two. Also, if you're playing Magneboar or Reshiboar and you get your Emboar Catcher'd up, you'll have to either discard 4 energies to retreat it (with no 100% consistent way to get the energies back) or give up a prize card.

Nigel said:
Eelzone. It's the most consistent and can abuse techs better than the other two. Also, if you're playing Magneboar or Reshiboar and you get your Emboar Catcher'd up, you'll have to either discard 4 energies to retreat it (with no 100% consistent way to get the energies back) or give up a prize card.

Or play the switch you should run in amounts of 2-3...?
I still agree with Eelzone, though. There are some pretty good Reshiboar EX lists out there, too. With an Eviolite, you shouldn't do enough damage to yourself to give them an OHKO (unless they are Reshiram/Zekrom EX or Magnezone) if you flip tails, and you can SSU him up on the next turn. Then, place all energies back down w/ Emboar. It's evil and it can work. Still a little risky, though, flips are never reliable.
EDIT: Flips are never reliable XD

^ Even if they are Zekrom EX or Reshiram EX, Eviolite still protects from the KO even if you flip tails.

Reshiboar[EX] is tricky to build. you'll need to have a good list for Reshiboar[EX]. if it is not done correctly it is not going to be very good.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Currently, I'm running a reshiboar with 4 Reshiram BW and a couple magnezone as tech/late game sweeper. It's fairly consistent in that reshiram BW is still a viable attacker. But i've only tested the deck against VVV and a Zekrom deck that runs Eelektrik. There's a tournament this weekend to prepare our decks for states. I will test the deck out this weekend and let you guys know how it does.

IMO Reshiram is a better Mewtwo counter than Mewtwo. It goes 1-2 in the prize exchange, and most importantly, can't get OHKO'ed right back, like Mewtwo can.

Cinema said:
IMO Reshiram is a better Mewtwo counter than Mewtwo. It goes 1-2 in the prize exchange, and most importantly, can't get OHKO'ed right back, like Mewtwo can.

Yes it can. It only has 130 hp.

tanker said:
Its not that hard to kill a reshiram BW with a mewtwo after it blue flares.

Even if you can't OHKO the Reshiram after a Blue Flare, it isn't hard to switch to a different attacker or Catcher around it.

I tested my 2 decks out tonight with a friend who has a Mewtwo deck. So far, I can honestly say that Magneboar did a better job than Reshiboar. Reshiboar was VERY inconsistent in that it really didn't have draw power. With heavy balls in the game, i was able to get BOTH Emboar AND Magnezone Turn 2/3...first attacking with reshiram and then Magnezone as a late sweeper. We'll see if this continues as I will keep testing both decks until states.

igstayo said:
I tested my 2 decks out tonight with a friend who has a Mewtwo deck. So far, I can honestly say that Magneboar did a better job than Reshiboar. Reshiboar was VERY inconsistent in that it really didn't have draw power. With heavy balls in the game, i was able to get BOTH Emboar AND Magnezone Turn 2/3...first attacking with reshiram and then Magnezone as a late sweeper. We'll see if this continues as I will keep testing both decks until states.

After my tons of testing with Magneboar, it usually does that. The only reason I say play Reshiboar over Magneboar is you don't get nothing late game. If you do play Reshiboar, I suggest 2-2 RDL.

alexmf2 said:
2-2 RDL makes the deck inconsistent, which is what he is talking about.

I was talking about Reshiboar. It doesn't make the deck in consistent because the deck runs tons of draw and energy retrieving stuff.

iisnumber12 said:
I was talking about Reshiboar. It doesn't make the deck in consistent because the deck runs tons of draw and energy retrieving stuff.

He said "I don't like ReshiBoar because it is too inconsistent." Adding a minimum of 5 cards tech would not help with that consistency.

alexmf2 said:
2-2 RDL makes the deck inconsistent, which is what he is talking about.

I did run 2-2 RDL with Reshiboar but it still was really inconsistent. I even ran 4 PONT with it but to no avail. Should I run 2 Cleffa too instead of 1? Also, I think it needs a Reshi EX...which i don't have yet, but I think it will help as a last resort if you have a heavy ball in your had...heavy ball can grab that reshi EX.

igstayo said:
I did run 2-2 RDL with Reshiboar but it still was really inconsistent. I even ran 4 PONT with it but to no avail. Should I run 2 Cleffa too instead of 1? Also, I think it needs a Reshi EX...which i don't have yet, but I think it will help as a last resort if you have a heavy ball in your had...heavy ball can grab that reshi EX.

2-2 RDL makes the deck INconsistent, not consistent. And how many draw supporters did you run? Just the four PONT? Reshi EX should also be the main attacker of the deck, you definitely need it.

alexmf2 said:
2-2 RDL makes the deck INconsistent, not consistent. And how many draw supporters did you run? Just the four PONT? Reshi EX should also be the main attacker of the deck, you definitely need it.

RDL does take away some of your consistency, but it helps too much to take out. 2-2 is the way to go. I don't think Reshiram Ex should be the main attacker because it is too hard to set up, and your opponent gets 2 prizes for KOing it, which isn't that hard.

iisnumber12 said:
RDL does take away some of your consistency, but it helps too much to take out. 2-2 is the way to go. I don't think Reshiram Ex should be the main attacker because it is too hard to set up, and your opponent gets 2 prizes for KOing it, which isn't that hard.

If you can find a good list with 2-2 RDL that would win more than the same list without RDL, tell me.

Reshiram EX is not hard to set up at all. It's quite a lot easier than almost every other deck in the format. It's also pretty hard to KO a 180 hp EX in one hit. And if you don't, your opponent can just SSU it up and start all over again. It is hitting 150 damage a turn. Not much can stand a constant beating like that for very long.

Back