XY E3: Pokemon X and Y Presentation/Q&A (June 11, 6PM PT)

coolhippowdon101 said:
drosewood67 said:
Considering it's Q&A...think they'll answer any question we'd ask if we went?
I'm doubting they'll answer any question you ask them. I'm assuming that they will be able to only answer questions about either the presentation and/or on certain topics.

If it's anything like previous press Q&As, the questions will be fairly limited. I don't think they keep a super-tight rein on things, but again, it'll be mainstream gaming press there, so they'll probably be asking a lot of questions we in the fandom have already seen answered before.

That said, I've seen new type rumors being discussed on Kotaku and the like, at least in comments, so on that front we might see some questioning going on. But they still won't reveal it until they're good and ready.

I honestly don't want a Fairy-type. Granted, as a word it doesn't really sound any weirder than Dragon-type, but it just sounds... Icky. Sylveon would fit the bill, but...

Gentlefish said:
I honestly don't want a Fairy-type. Granted, as a word it doesn't really sound any weirder than Dragon-type, but it just sounds... Icky. Sylveon would fit the bill, but...

Icky? what does that even mean lol

I just have a feeling that any supposed new type may be revealed before the E3 date...

Don't know why, just a feeling... That will probably be wrong... Carry on...

Mitja said:
Gentlefish said:

Icky? what does that even mean lol

I think it's a synonym of 'yucky', but that still doesn't say much.

P.DelSlayer said:
DrEspeon said:
I really hope we got some news about the starter's evolved forms!

I don't think we'd get those this early. Iirc, the Unova starter evos weren't revealed until about a month before the games were actually released
Starter evolutions are never revealed before the games come out, but sometimes they are leaked.
FloodBadge said:
im tearing my face off i can't go to E3 ever TT - TT
Please don't do that!

Xeryd said:
Wow, I'll probably be in school when it shows, so I guess can't see it. I don't mind though :3

It is likely that no one here will see it. We will just see the articles about it that the attendees publish.

Jonn said:
Xeryd said:
Wow, I'll probably be in school when it shows, so I guess can't see it. I don't mind though :3

It is likely that no one here will see it. We will just see the articles about it that the attendees publish.

The press that's there usually liveblogs everything that cameras aren't allowed at, so there will be some real-time info in addition to after-the-fact recaps.

If they don't reveal Sylveon, Xerneas and Yveltal's type until the conference, then I'm going to be pissed.
Why the hell would you hold it off for 5 months (4 for Sylveon)?!
It's pointless. They're being very selective with what they're telling us this gen.
And I don't like it.
Come on, October. Hurry the hell up.

Alix Rooker said:
If they don't reveal Sylveon, Xerneas and Yveltal's type until the conference, then I'm going to be pissed.
Why the hell would you hold it off for 5 months (4 for Sylveon)?!
It's pointless. They're being very selective with what they're telling us this gen.
And I don't like it.
Come on, October. Hurry the hell up.

We're getting more than usual....

Ysmir said:
I thought E3 was more or less press only?

It's nominally just for press and industry, but a friend-of-a-friend connection is often enough to get in. My dad used to do accounting for an arcade game vendor and distributor, and that would have been enough to get me in (had I been old enough at the time). So a lot of the people on the floor are just regular fans. I think these press Q&As are generally invitation-only though, so non-press people likely couldn't get in.

Well, Sylveon's type being revealed is likely. The movie is out in Japan in July, which leaves only one more month of news before it's out. As WPM said, The last tidbits and main points for the movie will get revealed next month. Then we'll know if there will be another Mew/Mewtwo forme, and we should know more about Sylveon, because of the mini-movie. CoroCoro is out again on the 15th. But could leak around the time of E3.

what i think:
1.they'll show some old info
2.they'll show the new mewtwo forme
3.fariy type details
4.Q&A for 30 mins

Man, I just realized I'm going to miss this due to work. : P Oh well, it'll be faster to go through the wrap-ups afterward anyway.

This is exciting considering I've watched E3 for the last three years and there's never anything on Pokemon. I've missed a lot of the X and Y information, so even if it is a lot of review and restating what's already known, it'll be a nice review for me. I'm pretty excited to be watching an hour and a half just for Pokemon during E3 week.

Back