XY E3: Pokemon X and Y Presentation/Q&A (June 11, 6PM PT)

Whatever it is it looks small or medium size.

Can someone tell me more about the bonding mechanic or post a link where I can read about it?

I'm really hoping that they show more about the trainer customisation. I want to see what kinds of clothes and things we can get.

Thief said:
Can someone tell me more about the bonding mechanic or post a link where I can read about it?

Here you go =P

We don't know much though, just that is "A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."

Drokas said:
Thief said:

Here you go =P

We don't know much though, just that "A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."

Well, hopefully in two days(ish) they'll explain what they mean. I really do hope

So is there always this much excitement for every new generation? I feel like compared to Gen V, this gen has a lot more people excited and seems bigger.

After reading that article I also noticed that it sounds as if we'll be able to play with other people in game? It was hinted at in a picture and he says on multiple instances that we'll be playing with people around the world. Maybe that's why it's coming out everywhere at the same time?

I can't put to words how excited I am about this. I don't have my expectations all too high but I'm hoping we get some new information as well as some new Pokemon revealed as well as the confirmation of Fairy type.

jdivinity said:
I can't put to words how excited I am about this. I don't have my expectations all too high but I'm hoping we get some new information as well as some new Pokemon revealed as well as the confirmation of Fairy type.

It's tomorrow (in england, i don't remember the time difference in the us) and i swear I'm almost dying from excitement
I'm really hoping for some new info: perhaps a new pokemon, fairy confirmation, I'd even be happy with just something about the bonding mechanic

J.D. said:
Frezgle said:
I'm hoping for an announcement of a simultaneous release of X/Y and Red/Blue (on the 3DS virtual console). I would pee myself.
I strongly doubt that'd ever happen, solely because of how radically different and completely incompatible the old Game Boy games are compared to the newer games... it'd make no sense.

Never said they had to be compatible with each other. Hence why I said "virtual console". Almost every major Nintendo franchise has seen their older GB and NES titles released there. But not Pokemon.
Pokemon is THE BEST selling game for the Game Boy. R/B are at the top, and Yellow is in second. A VC release would sell like crazy. Plus, they've been making several references to the original Red/Blue.
"A Pokemon that's like Mewtwo, which came out in Red/Blue!"
"A new evolution of Eevee, a Pokemon that's been around since Red/Blue!"
"By the way, X/Y's colors are red and blue!"
"Red and bluuuuueee!!"

A simultaneous or close release of R/B on the VC would be perfect. Financially perfect. I'd get it and I still have a working cartridge of Blue.

Thief said:
So is there always this much excitement for every new generation? I feel like compared to Gen V, this gen has a lot more people excited and seems bigger.

I don't know about anybody else but this is the most excited I've been for a new gen. Obviously coz bench sitting!!
I don't know why it just seems like the biggest leap forward in pokemon and I'm excited to see the new features, some of which i hope are announced tomorrow

I'm as excited as always Dx

The main difference this time is the simultaneous release.
-we no longer have to figure out what news the japanese are getting since this time the english info is at least as fast if not faster out than smash and corocoro manage to make it
-we dont have the feeling that we should not be excited yet since all we had was pictures obscure romaji names and a half year long wait for the localisations of the games.

Oh, and for some reason gamefreak or nintendo figured its time they stepped up their marketing outside japan, as we've seen streamed news exclusively for pokemon on an international level and what with a XY exclusive conference at E3.

According to the official site, we will be receiving a lot of info. I'm hoping most of it won't be that of what we already know.

bnn_mainsign01.jpg

GET HYPE

jdivinity said:
According to the official site, we will be receiving a lot of info. I'm hoping most of it won't be that of what we already know.

I'm thinking it won't be. The stuff we already know has been on pretty much everything - the Japanese site, the English site, the English facebook site, Corocoro, Smash, etc...
There might be some recaps but I really don't think that'll be the bulk of the presentation. I don't see why they'd rent out a booth just to say things we already know.

hi everybody! it's my first time here, officially! I've been watching silently since last January.

has anyone notice the little shadows in the left half of the page ??

it sometimes shows some creatures and sometimes Mario characters.
it changes every time i reload the page

Frezgle said:
jdivinity said:

I'm thinking it won't be. The stuff we already know has been on pretty much everything - the Japanese site, the English site, the English facebook site, Corocoro, Smash, etc...
There might be some recaps but I really don't think that'll be the bulk of the presentation. I don't see why they'd rent out a booth just to say things we already know.

I completely agree. I think we're all used to rehashed information, but the website has everything up to date on it. So I'm assuming that the website is what they use to measure how much the general public knows. I'm hoping for all new stuff and honestly if its only a bunch of small things I wouldn't hate that. They showed sitting on a bench and how many people got excited? Lol. Clearly they could show 100 small things and we'd all still love it.

alapost said:
hi everybody! it's my first time here, officially! I've been watching silently since last January.

has anyone notice the little shadows in the left half of the page ??

it sometimes shows some creatures and sometimes Mario characters.
it changes every time i reload the page

Welcome!

Also, the silhouette pictures are probably just there for aesthetic design. They change to keep it fresh. Nintendo is known for having a very clean and sophisticated style when it comes to just about everything. That's just decoration.

Delta Nite said:
But your timezone doesn't affect how much time is left before the presentation begins :p

derp, i forgot that it was in LA it will be tomorrow, my apologies, i forgot that the us has multiple time zones

Back