XY E3: Pokemon X and Y Presentation/Q&A (June 11, 6PM PT)

m7mad133 said:
what i think:
1.they'll show some old info
2.they'll show the new mewtwo forme
3.fariy type details
4.Q&A for 30 mins

Your first three points are on my "i hope they do it or I'll be annoyed" list. Mainly because i can't stand having to wait until october

Pokequaza said:
Alix Rooker said:
They're being very selective with what they're telling us this gen.

As if that never happened before..
For real? For Generation V, they didn't really wait any time at all to reveal things.
We knew a lot very quickly. We didn't have dry spells of months at a time where we didn't get any information, and they certainly didn't hold off on the types of ONE Pokemon or the mascot legendaries for several months.

Alix Rooker said:
Pokequaza said:
For real? For Generation V, they didn't really wait any time at all to reveal things.
We knew a lot very quickly. We didn't have dry spells of months at a time where we didn't get any information, and they certainly didn't hold off on the types of ONE Pokemon or the mascot legendaries for several months.

Black and White were released on September 18, 2010;

- Zoroark (along with its pre evolutions) was revealed in February.
- March; Nothing.
- Midway April we got the names of the games; Black and White, and the very first screenshots.
- May; CoroCoro revealed the starter Pokémon
- June; A couple of early-game Pokémon.

Since X & Y are scheduled for October, rather than September, we have gotten exactly as much information, if not more, than we got from Black and White.

Alix Rooker said:
Pokequaza said:

That's just not true, you can check pokebeach news archives.
Besides mascots and starters (which we got 3 months early this time!), they only started giving us more of the actual pokemon only in the last few months. (and they could show us a lot since there were 156, which might not be the case for gen 6)

Same if you go even further.
But the main difference here is if you always waited for english releases, since then the japanese games were already out for half a year before the rest of the world got them, so you knew it all way ahead?
This time we are QQ-ing for info simultaneously with the japanese, (which most of us have been doing already before) and getting more info than any previous gen.

I do feel that the presentation will focus more on the mechanics of the game than actual new content. The 3DS's 3D feature has not always had a spectacular opinion about it and I think they'll use Pokemon as a way to somehow showcase some "new" ways in which the 3D capabilities of the game enhances the experience. Just like how Skyward Sword was revealed for the Wii, the actual mechanics and the ways in which the features of the actual console itself is used will be the focus instead of focusing solely on new content for the game itself.

Of course, I do not think that this means we will not sell anything new content-related wise, but that the presentation will focus more of the changes in gameplay experience due to the change to using 3D capabilities of the 3DS. I am definitely excited about this as we'll hopefully see interactions with some NPC, maybe a battle or two, plot points, in-game view of the town map of Kalos(I was hoping maybe an actual detailed 3D map) and other surprises that we might not think of at the moment.

Pokemonlover903 said:
Special 3ds bundle that comes with x or y and has one of the mascots on it. PLZ POKÉMON!

I can see that happening, but that seems like it would be more of a casual announcement, rather than a whole presentation. If it does happen then I can see it having 5 mins or so at the end about it.

I'm hoping for an announcement of a simultaneous release of X/Y and Red/Blue (on the 3DS virtual console). I would pee myself.

The XY Presentation probably won't take up the whole 1.5 hours. Remember, Nintendo has other series besides Pokemon lol. More likely, Pokemon will take up around 30 minutes or less and the rest of the time will be other Nintendo games.

Frezgle said:
I'm hoping for an announcement of a simultaneous release of X/Y and Red/Blue (on the 3DS virtual console). I would pee myself.
I strongly doubt that'd ever happen, solely because of how radically different and completely incompatible the old Game Boy games are compared to the newer games... it'd make no sense.

As for the upcoming presentation, I just wanna see the various rumors going around either confirmed or debunked where appropriate. I mean, just today apparently 4chan posted another large rumor, which made its way to GameFAQs... it actually sounded pretty cool too, but we all know how iffy the source is...

CorinthiansRose said:
The XY Presentation probably won't take up the whole 1.5 hours. Remember, Nintendo has other series besides Pokemon lol. More likely, Pokemon will take up around 30 minutes or less and the rest of the time will be other Nintendo games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't Nintendo said that the 90 min long presentation is all X/Y news? There's also a Q/A so that's gonna take up about 30 mins or so I imagine.

m7mad133 said:
will it be live streaming anywhere?

if it will....it will on the official nintendo e3 site, but we don't know if it will be streaming at all.
http://e3.nintendo.com/

Mitja said:
if it will....it will on the official nintendo e3 site, but we don't know if it will be streaming at all.
http://e3.nintendo.com/

Strange... in the UK and other European versions of the website, they only say it's going to be a "global presentation for the latest news on future Wii U software."
And it's going to air at the same time... =S

EDIT: Anyway, just read that:
"The event will be held the evening of Tuesday, June 11 — a few hours after the company's E3 Nintendo Direct presentation (...) Unfortunately, the event will not be streaming"

Most of the news it might cover will be the same as what we'll find out from corocoro (10-15th) and pokesmash on saturday.

Altho it wont be streaming, there will probably lots of info put the sites afterwards (e3 and XY)

the preview for pokesmash announced its going to be a special XY episode next weekend and showed that we will see at least one new pokemon.

I think it would probably be more mechanic based (new happiness feature, Street or SpotPass, maybe new type, etc.) as opposed to some new pokemon, though I would love to learn the starter's evolutions.

DrEspeon said:
I think it would probably be more mechanic based (new happiness feature, Street or SpotPass, maybe new type, etc.) as opposed to some new pokemon, though I would love to learn the starter's evolutions.

Considering Smash promised a new Pokemon next week, there's a very high chance we'll see it. (see: http://abload.de/img/pokemon-smash-new-pokudb73.gif )
I'm hoping that they'll show stuff to do with the Bonding mechanic, Fairy type, more info for existing mons (Sylveon, Xern/Yvel, Mewtwo's forme(s)) and a couple new casual mons.
This could take up the first hour, and then the last 30 mins would be the Q/A.

edit: There's absolutely no way that we'll get the starter evos this early. For B/W, they were revealed in CoroCoro in the issue before B/Ws release iirc, and were leaked a month or so before then. Don't expect starter evos until September (unless there are leaks before then)

P.DelSlayer said:
Considering Smash promised a new Pokemon next week, there's a very high chance we'll see it. (see: http://abload.de/img/pokemon-smash-new-pokudb73.gif )

OMG a moving shadow, that means it has a movable appendage, possibly an animal mon

Back