XY E3: Pokemon X and Y Presentation/Q&A (June 11, 6PM PT)

vivalanegro

The Hero Pokemon Deserves
Oldis1G.png

5pDdyVZ.png

eLLROss.png

1 hour and 30 minute presentation for Pokemon X & Y? Let the hype begin.

Oh wow. This is kind of unprecedented. I don't think Pokémon's ever made an appearance at E3 before (not the main series, at least). I guess the new international simultaneous development schedule is the cause. Exciting!

Fairy type announcement maybe?

Either way, it sounds great. Can't wait!

predictions:
-Fairy type revelation
-Confirmation that Sylveon is Fairy, along with ability, method of evolution etc
-Xerneas/Yveltal's typings
-Fairy type move(s) and abilities
-Maybe a couple casual Pokemon (please please please be Inkay and Malimar)

edit: Now I know this is the 1st maingame E3 presentation, I have a feeling that this could seriously be the Fairy type announcement. It would seem off if they did this and only revealed a CoroCoro/Smash amount of stuff. There is going to be big things here.

They might go for what we have so far but it won't be enough for 1.5 hours. Big announcement, IMO might be Fairy-type with Sylveon as Fairy (with the announcement, they might take some time with weakness(es), resistance(s), immunity(ies), etc.). Then Corocoro will announce the same thing (if they don't leak (almost) at the same time).

In here I thought I don't need to waste time following stuff about E3 since Nintendo wont have the big-stage show this year (the other shows have been utterly boring for the past few years)...and then this! LOL

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Several possibilities here.
1. Boring "lets pretend you guys know ZERO about XY"-presentation.
Which I doubt.
2. Slow paced presentation, 80% known info, a few interesting new bits.
That's the most likely.
3. A big "guys, we decided to change some core mechanics this time"-presentation, to allow the fans to prepare mentally on whatever radical changes there might be and clear up any misinformation/confusion before it arises. Stuff such a presentation could include would be:
-Fairy type (hopefully with a few intelligent changes to the rest of the type chart too)
-pokemon buffs (adjusting plenty of older pokes stats to something more useful (Pidgeot&co.))
-idk

as said, probably the second option...but wow, 90 minutes? Thats long, even if the communication takes double time due to translation and whatnot.

Anything but the fairy type is cool for me.

I would like to see some causual pokemon like espurr and inkay revealed, and yveltal and xerneas' typings.

Exciting as it is, we're likely not going to see anything too crazy. This is a Q&A for the mainstream gaming press, which hasn't been followingthis nearly as closely as we have, so there'll be a lot of info rehash. And we literally won't see anything, at least not immediately, because these kinds of Nintendo Q&As are always closed-door, press-only things. The major game sites will do live blogs, and we might see some visuals released afterwards, but it won't be anything televised like the main press conference (which Nintendo isn't even doing this year).

It should also be noted that there will also be a Nintendo Direct presentation earlier the same day, at 10:00 a.m. EDT/7:00 a.m. PDT. Not necessarily Pokémon-related, but possibly.

Reggie McGigas said:
Anything but the fairy type is cool for me.

How can you hate a whole type?... I mean, I can understand when someone doesn't like certain kinds of pokemon, be it specific designs, expressions, colors, concepts, or whathaveyou, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that they hate A TYPE instead of the actual pokemon. Not to mention we know nothing about it yet, not even if it exists.

I'm really surprised they're doing this, for any 3DS game (but yeah, especially Pokemon given Pokemon's history at E3...).

This actually worries me because I thought they would be really focusing on Wii U more and there will be time for Directs after E3 to focus exclusively on Pokemon, but whatever. I'm glad to see they will be showing hopefully a lot more on the game so information won't be coming out all at once.

dmaster out.

DorianBlack said:
Exciting as it is, we're likely not going to see anything too crazy. This is a Q&A for the mainstream gaming press, which hasn't been followingthis nearly as closely as we have, so there'll be a lot of info rehash. And we literally won't see anything, at least not immediately, because these kinds of Nintendo Q&As are always closed-door, press-only things. The major game sites will do live blogs, and we might see some visuals released afterwards, but it won't be anything televised like the main press conference (which Nintendo isn't even doing this year).

It should also be noted that there will also be a Nintendo Direct presentation earlier the same day, at 10:00 a.m. EDT/7:00 a.m. PDT. Not necessarily Pokémon-related, but possibly.

Do you think maybe we'll at least get a new trailer? I don't really care to know anything major, I'd just love to know alot of small tid bits. Like day/night, seasons, how large the pokedex is, why have they taken a whole new approach to a mainstream game. Speculation aside, I just want the facts.

I'm here hoping we get at least something new.

I really hope we got some news about the starter's evolved forms!

I mean starters'

DrEspeon said:
I really hope we got some news about the starter's evolved forms!

I mean starters'

I don't think we'd get those this early. Iirc, the Unova starter evos weren't revealed until about a month before the games were actually released

FloodBadge said:
im tearing my face off i can't go to E3 ever TT - TT

Nintendo isn't having a presentation this year, and Iwata isn't going to be there, so it's not so bad if you can't go. Now it's good to be behind the screen with the Nintendo Direct being the main focus. ;)

drosewood67 said:
Considering it's Q&A...think they'll answer any question we'd ask if we went?
I'm doubting they'll answer any question you ask them. I'm assuming that they will be able to only answer questions about either the presentation and/or on certain topics.

coolhippowdon101 said:
drosewood67 said:
Considering it's Q&A...think they'll answer any question we'd ask if we went?
I'm doubting they'll answer any question you ask them. I'm assuming that they will be able to only answer questions about either the presentation and/or on certain topics.

Well technically they will probably answer every question, but there will be a lot of beating around the bush and indirect answers. That's if the question is something they don't want to reveal yet.

Back