Durant ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revive is going to be a total bro in this list. I think that the idea of getting some discarding in is nice, but you are going to need a back up attacker. I think Donphan, Yanmega, Samurott, Zoroark, or maybe even Magnezone. I kinda like Samurott.

3-2-3 Samurott (or whatever)
4 Durant
1-1 Zoroark
2 Bouffalant/ Combination of Zekrom and Reshiram/ Heavier Zoroark line /whatever.
Pokemon: 16

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Dual Ball
4 Pokemon Reversal Pokemon Catcher (disrupt while discarding?)
4 Junk Arm
4 PONT
2 Revive
3 Rare Candy
2 Evolite
3 Victory Metal/ Pokeball/ Copycat/Sage's Training
1 Juniper
T/S/S: 31

4 DCE
2 Water
Some Metal probably.
4 Rainbow (Zoroark's search attack is boss)
Energy: 11

There is a skeleton of something that I would do with this card, I almost wanna say the Durant is better late game if you have the bench room, because if you lead with them early, a good opponent will pace their amount of hand refresh and draw they use, so that they won't deck themselves. I'm trying to think of more cards you could use to mill your opponent, but not many are coming to mind. I would not recommend Magmortar. Things like Juniper or Sage's could be good, because if your opponent uses Smeargle, they may have to use something like a Juniper, which is a large amount of discard and draw. I'm done.

^That seems like a decent idea. get something set up quickly and start disrupting. Samurott could be like a tech vs Fire decks, and it would give me another option outside of deckout.

Also shouldn't I just run Catcher instead of Pokemon Reversal?

Haha yes. Forgot about that. You could run both if you are feeling adventurous, but with Junk Arm, I don't think it is needed.

I think Durant has a lot of potential. Most decks don't set up by at least T2 (Unless its Zekrom or something) and he can get a good 6-8 cards off. Even if you pull Durant off early and they start pacing themselves, they still have to set up somehow. Collector for them T1 takes another good 2-3 cards and plus Cleffa could maybe take more if they use their hands enough. From there, they start drawing at least 2 cards a turn assuming they use a supporter or something. You might be able to win Turn 7 at best if you can keep the swarm up.

I don't know, this is all theorymon anyway but you could time some Spiritomb TRs maybe and Catcher can stall for some good turns.

i totally agree shadowdark. spiritombs would be great with this.
id prolly play something along the lines of
4 durant
2 mime jr
2 spiritom
2-1-2 samurott
and maybe a 1-1 or 2-2 kgl

then you would need the trainers like
4 revive
4 j/a
2 candies
3-4 dual ball
4 evolite

swarm would easily be up t2 latest

Just thought about how kyurem would KO ALL durant in 3 turns. I wish this would work though, it would add another viable winning condition.

This would be my Durant deck list with explination at the end.

Pokemon:
Durant x4
Rotom x2
Cleff x2
Mime Jr. x2

Energy:
Special Metal x4
Metal x4

T/S/S:
Pokemon Collector x4
Pokegear 3.0 x4
Twin x3
Catcher x3
Switch x3
Junk Arm x4
Eviolite x4
Alph(TR) x2
Revive x4

From here its gotta come down to testing which obviously cant really do unless you have a major proxied out deck lol.
Various Sage's and Junipers for draw
Disruption like Seeker or Judge

The way I see the deck only needs about 10 pokemon, possibly less and about 8 energy. That gives a TON of room for tss. Adding in tech pokemon like Weavile or Slowking just makes the deck too slow, considering this thing has to run as fast as you can make it to keep up with Yanmega and others. The babies are really emergency starters because personally I hate having a small number of basics. Rotom I feel is heavily needed for the simple fact that if a Durant is prized you are in major trouble. And if your Rotom and Durant are prized then its ever worse lol. That also explains the alph. Obviously can abuse Twins which is always good. The supporter N is not needed I feel. In late game your opponent probably already has what he needs to get the KO's so hand disruption is pointless to an extent. You would also be refueling thier deck which is counter productive. Collector is almost a must T1 and thats why the Pokegear 3.0 are added. And switch for if you have to start with Rotom you can get him out and start the mill T1. Eviolite is obvious.. and Awesome. Probably can add some defenders in here as well.
This card really appealed to me as all "mill" cards do. Hopefully it can recieve a partner along the road to make him meta worthy if he isnt already as is.

#1weavile said:
Just thought about how kyurem would KO ALL durant in 3 turns. I wish this would work though, it would add another viable winning condition.

It is also worth noting that with a DCE or 2 metals and a Pluspower, you can 2 shot Kyurem. Also by the time they get it set up, you should have already done a decent amount of discarding. Not any bigger of an issue for Durant than any other deck IMO.

Vulpix Yolk said:
It is also worth noting that with a DCE or 2 metals and a Pluspower, you can 2 shot Kyurem. Also by the time they get it set up, you should have already done a decent amount of discarding. Not any bigger of an issue for Durant than any other deck IMO.

It's not worth running pluspower in this deck, no space. What I'm trying to say is that when kyurem KOs all the durant, how will you get all 4 and an energy to attack with back into play?

I agree with UnknownD, but I have a question about the decklist: Is mime jr used for stalling the opponent so that they would draw more cards over time?

^ It's semi worth it (Plus Power) because theres a possibility of donking a baby with vicegrip then. Also once super rod or good rod whichever it is comes out, you could use that and a revive and then collector for them.

If there were a way to get KGL out in this deck without sacrificing durant consistency that'd be just amazing.

If that PokeCenter Stadium that heals 10 damage off the Bench between turns for each player comes out near the time Kyurem comes out here, spread will be a non-issue.

dmaster out.

#1weavile said:
I agree with UnknownD, but I have a question about the decklist: Is mime jr used for stalling the opponent so that they would draw more cards over time?

Its really just an extra one card mill if you cant, for what ever reason, get Durant to the active spot on T1. But honestly thinking about it, running 4 Cleffa would probably be a more suitable option. And like I said earlier, the babies are simply there for not forcing you to try and setup with just six basics.

It should look something like this
OPPONENT
60 cards
-7 for draw
-6 for prizes
=47
-1 Per turn for draw Lets assume 5 turns
=42
-3 for Collector
=39
-5/7 for sages/Juniper
=33ish cards to mill

It is a possible deck, but it doesn't have the strength that is needed atm imo.

its not all about decking your opponent though. imo its about discarding cards crucial to their setup. in those 5 turns your opponent most likely is not taking all 6 prizes, but you are discarding up to 20 of their cards. that will hugely affect how they can play the rest of the game.
also, would arceops do well with durant? might screw your opponent up a bit more.

#1weavile said:

what about evorite? reduces it to only 10

The Wii Man1234 said:
what about evorite? reduces it to only 10

Eviolite + X Special Metal Energies + optional Defender means Durant can semi-tank indeed, but it all depends on your playstyle. a single special metal energy, along with eviolite means a -30 damage from anything on the active Durant, giving it a virtual 100 HP for OHKO's, but it still means the bench is vulnerable for sniping. Getting in 4 eviolite on all your Durants can be tough though(once again, depending on your own list and playing style)?

And you also have this:

dmaster said:
If that PokeCenter Stadium that heals 10 damage off the Bench between turns for each player comes out near the time Kyurem comes out here, spread will be a non-issue.

So, the bench won't be that much on an issue. You can even run Moomoo milk (I wouldn't but I guess you could) if your really worried.

Hold back a step.

Nobody has ever posted an announcement that Pokemon Center will be released.

It was in the B/W Rulebook yes; but it was also in the FR/LG Rulebook without being released, also.

Eviolite doesn't protect you - they will just kill the rest of your durants to stop you from super discarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back