Durant ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they (or you) are running vileplume to lock trainers, I don't see why you couldn't just tech in some max potions, or if they are just use seekers. Clear the 40 damage, giving you one more turn every time you use it, and the sp metal isn't helping you in this match-up anyways so there is no reason to worry about discarding 1/4 cards with your max potion. Just using one max potion would get you down to 7 cards, a second would get you down to 2, which is not unlikely that they would search out 2 or so more cards in a game. Also, as long as you keep some sort of bench they will still need 2 more KOs on something, or a good HiD for the last 2 in the lost world. It's definitely a touch match-up, but you can definitely play it close if you play smart and carefully. Ofc luck is going to be a key component in this match-up, but that's always the case.

Celebi23, they have 12 cards in their deck and 2 in the LZ already, with 40 on one Durant and 60 on another (you forgot to factor in that there's an extra 1 damage counter when you KO the Durant). It's not even like they need an amazing hand. Even without Mew being set up, Gengar can start attacking T3 or 4 at the latest. I don't see it as an autoloss, but the game will go in MewGar's favor most of the time.

Fair enough, although I still think it's unfair to assume the Gengar player gets a T2 Gengar every game. And the people running it are running it with Vileplume and sometimes Reuniclus, not with Mew. But either way nobody even plays Gengar anyway. If it has good matchups everywhere else, I'll take one bad matchup.

Oh, the Gengar player definitely doesn't get T2 Gengar every game. I agree there. And you're right, no one plays it, so it's not really worrying regardless.

Has anyone tested the ZPS matchup? How does it fair against ZPS/ZPST? I'd imagine it loses just because of the T1 start to OHKOs...

Yeah pretty much auto-loss T_T The only out I've found that doesn't ruin the decks' consistency is to run Rainbow Energy for Rotom then hope to catch them off-guard after they do a double Bolt Strike. I was reluctant to do that but it would be a better idea with Prism Energy. But even then they can just get another Zekrom out - it just requires more resources for them. And furthermore, they probably won't double Bolt Strike again in match play.

It's like Samurott was last format - it has good matchups against half the field and it's horrible against the other half.

I ,ade a Durant with 4 ants, 4 Mews, 4 Mimes. I haven't tested it, but here's the strategy. You get ants benched and attack with Mimes while you get them up. mews when you have four. I don't use any fancy tricks, just focus on using recovery (revives, super rods) to have as many ants as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back