Drawing with a ~Passion~ (Let's try this again...)

RE: ZSL's art! *NEW Last Friday Night!

ZoruaSnivyluver said:
Eh, I don't usually color, due to the fact I can never get the colors how I want, and I don't have good colored pencils at the moment.
And I REALLY liked how Jill turned out. Though that may be the only fun picture they're in. Others may be suffer and other things, but I finally have the two characters I want down.

How about simple shading with your pencil? It's easy and can give a more decent result than simple lineart :3

Yeah, that's what I usually do, I just didn't for some reason. *fails*

Dare I ask what is wrong with Rhiannon's left ear and the left side of Jill's head? The drawing is a bit too strange for me to work out completely.
Otherwise it's...well, it's just okay, but it is consistent...

Oh yeah, Rhiannon is a little more psychotic, so she has a spiked ear and fluffly thing on the cheek. And Jill is half Umbreon, half Espeon. The main Pokemon in her is Umbreon, though.

Well, if you plan on drawing a hybrid Eeveelution, one thing you don't want to do is to try and make it like a Frankenstein-style monster; Jill looks like her head was sown together from two different things. Rather, just give her features from both sides, that blend together as naturally as possible. I noticed you did that with most of the rest of the body (like the tails), but on the head you messed up big time...

Oh right, forgot to mention - Rhiannon's tail looks too long, and since it extends below her there's very little perspective. It should probably look like it's going behind her, imo.

RE: ZSL's art! 17 new pics! I think I've improved!

I know, I accedently made her tail a little long.

Jill is suppose to look like half of her face was sown on, because it was.
And her tail... I'll have to think of a backstory for that...

Anyways, BUMPERZ!

...All of your new links, save for the Carrie one, are broken. They take me to a totally different page.
Methinks you posted the wrong URL.

DNA said:
...All of your new links, save for the Carrie one, are broken. They take me to a totally different page.
Methinks you posted the wrong URL.

Oh eff... I'll be back in about a half an hour fixing those... *dies*

Fixed... right?

Right.

I'm not sure if I can give a lot of comments since you uploaded...well, a bunch at once, but I'll try and be as succinct as I can.
The first batch of your big update was, well, sorta mediocre, up until the first Jill, which I honestly believe is the best out of the new lot. I think you're very skilled at shading, and the more you practice at it proves that. The rest that weren't shaded...well, they were just okay, but I did like the Venomoth one. As for the rest I do have similar opinions to yours on them.

Killer Rhiannon looks like she's about to bite someone >.<

DNA said:
Right.

I'm not sure if I can give a lot of comments since you uploaded...well, a bunch at once, but I'll try and be as succinct as I can.
The first batch of your big update was, well, sorta mediocre, up until the first Jill, which I honestly believe is the best out of the new lot. I think you're very skilled at shading, and the more you practice at it proves that. The rest that weren't shaded...well, they were just okay, but I did like the Venomoth one. As for the rest I do have similar opinions to yours on them.

Killer Rhiannon looks like she's about to bite someone >.<

My point exactly.
And yeah, I should have shaded more, but that what the cat thing was for-practice.
I'll have alot more cats from now on, because I'm starting to get obsessed with WarriorCats again(nooooo!). And cats are pretty easy to shade, well, in my opinion at least.

RE: ZSL's art! 17 new pics! Leek the Gleameow!

Yeah, I'd say you will have a very hard time explaining the face on the Glaceon. Other than the face it looks fine, but the way it is now you can't help but stare at it. If the face were more normal, then yeah, the drawing would probably be better.

As for Glameow the drawing is great all around. I notice the ears are a bit more triangular than what it would normally be; did you do that on purpose?

RE: ZSL's art! 17 new pics! Leek the Gleameow!

Yep, the pointed ears are on purpose. I think I'm also going to make her an abnormal color.

Like I said earlier, thank god my mom has never seen "the folder".

RE: ZSL's art! I'll take requests...

I'll take requests... I can do anything really with Pokemon and a bit of wolves and cats.

I like the evolution of Skarmory. It's really cool and you should send it to TPCi.

ZoruaSnivyluver said:
I'll take requests... I can do anything really with Pokemon and a bit of wolves and cats.

doing a milotic will be good :3

Will you? ^_^;

PokemonRulez101 said:
I like the evolution of Skarmory. It's really cool and you should send it to TPCi.

TPCi? Sorry, I'm a bit clueless there.

Silver_Cyh said:
doing a milotic will be good :3

Will you? ^_^;

I'll try! I've never done a Milotic before, so this'll be fun! :D

TPCi = The Pokemon Company International.

I'd probably keep your work as just fanart, because if TPCi gets involved there'll be a lot of legal hassle and all that...

RE: ZSL's art! OTTER.

I drew an otter. Grr... I need to find that Milotic drawing... I'm not gonna draw another one, so I better be able to find it...

Back