Dragons Exalted Price Predictions

I know of a place that sells cases/boxes for rather cheap. I'll pm you the link.

Secret Pikachu said:
I'm not saying that I think you're wrong, but how did you determine that buying a case of six Booster Boxes would guarantee a Secret Rare Rayquaza? Is it stated somewhere that it is a guarantee or is that statement based on the probability of pulling a Rayquaza from a case of six Booster Boxes?

Could any of you recommend a website that you can preorder a case of six Dragons Exalted booster boxes from that will ship to Canada (that offers a fast shipping option)? :O

Thank you!
Well, I'm actually not positive. However, it was the case with Next Destinies. You were guaranteed the whole set in a booster case and all the shinies in a case of cases, although there were a few people who claimed to be exceptions to that. I believe that was the case with Dark Explorers as well. Whether or not that's the case with Dragons Exalted remains to be seen. If you want a Rayquaza guaranteed, you have to bite the bullet and buy it or wait to see if the box ratio holds true.

Celebi23 said:
Well, I'm actually not positive. However, it was the case with Next Destinies. You were guaranteed the whole set in a booster case and all the shinies in a case of cases, although there were a few people who claimed to be exceptions to that. I believe that was the case with Dark Explorers as well. Whether or not that's the case with Dragons Exalted remains to be seen. If you want a Rayquaza guaranteed, you have to bite the bullet and buy it or wait to see if the box ratio holds true.

Well if that's the case, anyone wanna split the cost of a case of cases with me? :p

Rather than spend hundreds of dollars just to get a Rayquaza, just buy one for 80 dollars.

I pulled a full art Terrakion today and i only see one english one one Ebay, it's going for $50 BIN.

Are you talking about the Terrakion-EX FA from Dragons Exalted or the Terrakion FA from Noble Victories?

Terrakion-EX - DRX 121/124 - Full Art Ultra Rare can be pre-ordered from Troll & Toad for $24.99.
Terrakion - NV 99/101 - Ultra Rare) can be purchased from Troll & Toad for $19.99.

If it is the DRX card on eBay, I guess you could pay an extra ~$25 to have it before the actual release if you wanted :p.

EBay BIN prices tend to reflect what the seller would like for the item rather than what a buyer would pay for the item.

I can confirm these cards to be in the set:
Terrakion-EX
Mew-EX
Registeel-EX
Giratina-EX
Ho-Oh-EX
Rayquaza-EX
Shiny Serperior
Ninetails
Wailord
Ampharos
Dustox
Gigalith
Altaria
Claydol
I saw all of those yesterday. We can discuss them now, as they are certainly in the set. I saw them with my own eyes.

I went to a pre release today and me and my best friend were both at the same table and we both pulled a shiny rayquaza. No one else pulled pulled it in the entire pre release and we are thinking about selling them. How much do you think we should list it for on ebay

Royoboy said:
I went to a pre release today and me and my best friend were both at the same table and we both pulled a shiny rayquaza. No one else pulled pulled it in the entire pre release and we are thinking about selling them. How much do you think we should list it for on ebay

well the troll and toad preorder is sold out at 90 bucks right now
so you can probably get about that if not more

I saw 2 listings for Shiny Rayquaza on eBay and the BIN price for both were $125 but I doubt it'll go that high after August 15th. I could be dead wrong though...

Would it have killed them them to throw in the regular Rayquaza in the set(just one extra card wouldn't hurt anyone) so we wouldn't have to deal with this?

hunter994x said:
I saw 2 listings for Shiny Rayquaza on eBay and the BIN price for both were $125 but I doubt it'll go that high after August 15th. I could be dead wrong though...

Would it have killed them them to throw in the regular Rayquaza in the set(just one extra card wouldn't hurt anyone) so we wouldn't have to deal with this?

Not to antagonize, but what exactly is the issue with Shiny Rayquaza?

The card is rare, powerful, and collectible to many. Therefore it should have a high price, no? The price on TnT and eBay is a reflection of what people are willing to pay for it. It sounds like people are annoyed the card has value. I could be wrong though. :p

SoulWind said:

The card is rare, powerful, and collectible to many. Therefore it should have a high price, no? The price on TnT and eBay is a reflection of what people are willing to pay for it. It sounds like people are annoyed the card has value. I could be wrong though. :p

All the other shinies have a cheaper, regular version. So you don't need the the shiny in that case. However, Shiny Rayquaza does not as the regular version is not in Dragons Exalted. This time, the shiny came first. Without the regular and the fact it's a playable card that is exclusively a secret, this thing will have a insane price tag which isn't good for people who need it. That's the issue.

I don't think anyone would mind if we had the regular one.

SoulWind said:
It sounds like people are annoyed the card has value. I could be wrong though. :p

I am never upset if a card has value. The problem is when a card has a high value. It makes it really hard for normal collectors to obtain such a pricey card.
But, although I don't like spending so much money on one card, I accept the fact that cards have high value. Why? Because it reflects their rarity which then gives an appropriate amount of accomplishment. It feels much greater to own a $100 card rather than a $5 card.

Daelum said:
I am never upset if a card has value. The problem is when a card has a high value. It makes it really hard for normal collectors to obtain such a pricey card.
But, although I don't like spending so much money on one card, I accept the fact that cards have high value. Why? Because it reflects their rarity which then gives an appropriate amount of accomplishment. It feels much greater to own a $100 card rather than a $5 card.

Shiny Rayquaza wouldn't even have the risk of being that high if we had the regular. It would still have value though. The regular has to come out sooner or later so it's gonna drop anyway.

I don't mind cards with value either but aside from a few(Charizard ex, 1st Edition/Shadowless Base Set Charizard, Gold stars, etc), the valuable cards tend to go down.

SoulWind said:

Another problem with it is that is actually an extremely playable and can be very much a competitive card in all of the Fall Battle Roads and Regionals before a cheaper version comes out. Clearly that is an issue because it shouldn't be like that. The other Shinies are really nothing compared to this one in price and playability.

dmaster out.

One thing about shiny rayquaza is that a lpt of seniors (me) and even juniors have to pay for all of their cards and 100 bucks for a card is ridiculous! I know Pokemon is a relatively cheap card game but i dont wanna be blowing 100 bucks on a shiny piece of cardboard.

cf11 said:
One thing about shiny rayquaza is that a lpt of seniors (me) and even juniors have to pay for all of their cards and 100 bucks for a card is ridiculous! I know Pokemon is a relatively cheap card game but i don't wanna be blowing 100 bucks on a shiny piece of cardboard.
As a Master who has had to buy every card with my own money, through pulls or singles, I can easily say that this is not a cheap hobby and that when a card I need for a deck goes for about $100 each, I look for a different deck to build.

cf11 said:
One thing about shiny rayquaza is that a lpt of seniors (me) and even juniors have to pay for all of their cards and 100 bucks for a card is ridiculous! I know Pokemon is a relatively cheap card game but i don't wanna be blowing 100 bucks on a shiny piece of cardboard.

No one buys cards for me :( (I'm in the Masters division). It seems like you have to part with a lot of money in order to play competitively in this game.

With that said, you could only buy the cards that you need for the deck you want to run (plus the cards you'll need for the inevitable changes you make to the deck) and make proxies for every other deck that you want to test against. That would save a lot of money :).

Back