Dragons Exalted Price Predictions

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Use this thread to discuss how much the good cards in Dragons Exalted will end up being worth, both immediately and after everything settles down a little. This will probably end up being a discussion about which cards are good and which aren't, but oh well.

I'm predicting this for the revealed cards so far:

Milotic- ~50 cents. It could get up to 3-4 during pre-orders. The card's good, but it won't be widely used, at least for now. The only big water deck is Empoleon, and it's a rush deck. We'll see what happens when Blastoise is released. It could get big then. Definitely a card you want to get a playset of now, assuming the price drops.

Garchomp- ~15 at first, ~10 when it settles. It'll go down to five once people realize it's not all it's hyped up to be, but that will probably take a couple months. For now, it's a very sought-after card.

Altaria- ~12 at first, 8-10 when it settles. Same deal as Garchomp but some players will use lower counts of it, and the fact that it's the Prerelease promo won't make it as hard to find right away.

Registeel-EX- ~30 at first, 20-25 when it settles. This card is great, but people don't realize it. It'll retain its value pretty well. It probably won't get super pricey, though, because people will all realize it's good at different times so there will never be a big rush for it.

Giratina-EX- ~10 at first, ~5 when it settles. Can you say "filler"? Worst EX yet.

Rayquaza-EX- ~25 at first, 15-20 when it settles. The tin will keep it down, but it's still popular enough that people will want the non-tin version and the tin will sell out.

What you said for Registeel EX makes sense about the price staying consistent due to its usefulness.

I agree with the Rayquaza EX price. Most Rayquaza cards tend to hold a good value because of the fact that people really like Rayquaza. Of course when it gets rotated out the price will drop, but probably only to $10-$15.

IMO Altaria will be $5 right out of the gate and stay that way until Garchomp goes away. It's a prerelease promo so there will already be hundreds of them in circulation after this weekend. Even more after next, and even more the weekend after.

You missed hydriegon

i think that will start around 15ish, but settle at about 10

EDIT:
Celebi23 said:
I'm predicting this for the revealed cards so far:
sorry, didnt see that till now

I definitely agree that Registeel EX FA will be expensive. I noticed TnT has them cheap so I just pre-ordered mine. :p

SoulWind said:
I definitely agree that Registeel EX FA will be expensive. I noticed TnT has them cheap so I just pre-ordered mine. :p

I've already pre ordered too many things lol. I'd love some Registeel EX's though..

SoulWind said:

$17.99, not a bad price at all! Only $3 more than the the regular version.

They never stick at the opening price, though. :p

Looks like Ray is already up to 80.

Ah yes, that card I know for sure is up there. That's pretty much the only reason I'd buy a Dragons Exalted booster box - because the shiny Rayquaza is the same price :p

You're not even guaranteed a shiny Rayquaza if you get a booster case iirc. If you want a Rayquaza, it's still better to just buy it.

Are you serious? That's absurd >:0

I'm still gonna buy a box because I can get them for $85 a piece.

Hmm... Yeah, after doing some math, it looks like you'd need to buy a case of booster cases (total of 36 booster boxes) to be guaranteed the Rayquaza. It will probably be in every 2-3 booster cases, but since buying individual booster cases doesn't guarantee you the Rayquaza, you'd have to go for the case of cases to be guaranteed.

Apply that to price (based off of Darkrai-EX, a card of about equal playability) and I'd expect Rayquaza to be worth over $250. Wow.

Celebi23 said:
Hmm... Yeah, after doing some math, it looks like you'd need to buy a case of booster cases (total of 36 booster boxes) to be guaranteed the Rayquaza. It will probably be in every 2-3 booster cases, but since buying individual booster cases doesn't guarantee you the Rayquaza, you'd have to go for the case of cases to be guaranteed.

Apply that to price (based off of Darkrai-EX, a card of about equal playability) and I'd expect Rayquaza to be worth over $250. Wow.

Yes, if that was the only (ridiculous) way to get the Rayquaza, then the price would be extremely high like you quoted. However, you have to throw in all the single boosters/blisters sold that don't have specific pull rates.

Those pull rates will still average out to be approximately the same as the cases and you also have to take into account that a lot of those will fall into the hands of little kids.

It'll never hit more than 100 dollars. I don't think anyone's willing to pay that much for a card they don't really need.

Celebi23 said:
Those pull rates will still average out to be approximately the same as the cases and you also have to take into account that a lot of those will fall into the hands of little kids.

Ugh that's gotta be the worst - when little (ignorant) kids get great cards that I would love in my collection >.>

Cinema said:
It'll never hit more than 100 dollars. I don't think anyone's willing to pay that much for a card they don't really need.

That's very true. And I'm sure as time goes on, the value will drop just like the other shinies that have come out. Of course the price will still be high, but it will probably end up being in the price category of the rarer Gold Star cards.

Celebi23 said:

I'm not saying that I think you're wrong, but how did you determine that buying a case of six Booster Boxes would guarantee a Secret Rare Rayquaza? Is it stated somewhere that it is a guarantee or is that statement based on the probability of pulling a Rayquaza from a case of six Booster Boxes?

Could any of you recommend a website that you can preorder a case of six Dragons Exalted booster boxes from that will ship to Canada (that offers a fast shipping option)? :O

Thank you!

Back