• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Double Spread (Darkrai/Registeel/Dusknoir)

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
The strategy is to spread damage with Darkrai and Registeel while Dusknoir moves it around. Darkrai also helps for free retreat to Registeel and Dusknoir. Most pokemon are easily searchable. You can also get a T1 Registeel spread.

Registeel active, attach DCE, Dark Patch to a benched Darkrai and use energy switch.
Here is the list :

Pokemon 13:
3 Darkrai EX
3-1-3 Dusknoir
2 Registeel EX
1 Mewrwo EX

T/S/S 36:
3 Rare Candy
4 Catcher
4 Ultra ball
3 Heavy Ball
3 Dark Patch
2 Dark Claw
3 Energy Switch
1 Computer Search
2 Random Receiver

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca

Energy 11:
3 {C}{C}
8 {D}

-1 Heavy Ball (Two is enough)
-1 Registeel (Again, two is fine)
-1 Something (I literally can not think of anything, but I'm thinking of a Dark Energy. .-.)

+1 Ultra Ball (Consistancy for the T1 spread)
+2 Tool Scrapper (Dusknoir and Darkrai vs. Garbodor with tool, enough said)

-1 catcher
+1 energy switch.

with a deck such as spreading damage and manipulating opponent damage counters, you really don't need 4 catcher.
you just have to be smart enough early/mid game not to burn 1-2 catchers and leave yourself high and dry late game.
catcher is overrated and kills creativity/skill. i cannot wait for it to be rotated out.

What if you throw in a Dark Claw so Darkrai does 110 and 30
On the next turn move that 30 to the active which will hopefully KO. he promotes and ill do the 110 30 again
Moving the damage counters as needed

IF the active has 180 then ill just move the 140 to someone in the bench

maybe some crushing hammers to keep the active stalled?

-1 DCE
-1 Rare Candy
+2 Mewtwo EX
When used right, Mewtwo can hit for tons of damage, or can also be useful for getting KOs on other Mewtwos.
But leave the 4 Catcher, they are very useful for bring up pokemon they can't retreat with right away so you can keep spreading to their bench.

MamsPokemon said:
What if you throw in a Dark Claw so Darkrai does 110 and 30
On the next turn move that 30 to the active which will hopefully KO. he promotes and ill do the 110 30 again
Moving the damage counters as needed

IF the active has 180 then ill just move the 140 to someone in the bench

maybe some crushing hammers to keep the active stalled?

Dark claw could work but eviolite is generally better. Thanks I will playtest it.
Keeper of Night said:
-1 DCE
-1 Rare Candy
+2 Mewtwo EX
When used right, Mewtwo can hit for tons of damage, or can also be useful for getting KOs on other Mewtwos.
But leave the 4 Catcher, they are very useful for bring up pokemon they can't retreat with right away so you can keep spreading to their bench.

I also thought of mewtwo but with no acceleration I don't know how much damage I could get. I would also prefer other things to take out over DCE/rare candy.

Flygon2071 said:
I also thought of mewtwo but with no acceleration I don't know how much damage I could get. I would also prefer other things to take out over DCE/rare candy.

4 DCE is a bit much when only 2 pokemon in your deck use it, and Rare Candy is just preference. And 3 DCE is enough excelleration for 1-2 Mewtwo.

Now after some testing with 3 DCE and 1 mewtwo, I have done pretty well. Dark Claw also helped a lot. The matchup was favourable to a Mewtwo deck (Keldeo/Blastoise) so I will try something that gives mewtwo trouble. I think I'm going to keep mewtwo 'cause all the Blastoise hype.

Back