Dolphin's Fakes: Classic Evolutions

RE: Dolphin's Fakes: Neo Revival - Legendary Beasts!!

Wow, these cards are amazing! Although I'm not exactly a fan of Neo cards, these fakes are AWESOME!!!

That's much better! Having Druddigon's wing go behind the word 'Basic' makes it look a whole lot better...as does the correct spelling of his name :p

Other than that, I already gave my opinions on this in CAC Jan 2013, so keep up the good work!

Stage 1's of the Classics are done! :)

35hqlw7.png

2w4w8kz.png

ap5rs.png

These certainly do have that classic feel to them! The only complaints I have are that the "Put Pokémon on the Basic Pokémon" bits don't need to be bold (it's also a bit too far on Wartortle's right) and the set numbers could probably be moved down a pixel. Other than that, they look pretty legit. Good job. :)

Yeah I can't figure out how to make them less bold... It might be the font that I'm using. I'll have to play around with it some more. :)

I might be able to move it down 1px. On all of my Base Set cards, that number is higher than the other bottom text (very weird...). The funny thing is, I just checked my 1999-2000 Base Set cards and the set number on those was moved down to be flesh with the rest of the text! Must've been a mistake at first! :)

Thank you very much! Gotta love the classics.

What font are you using for that bit? Gill Sans Regular should work fine.

Yeah, the placement of the set number on Base Set cards was a bit higher. However, they still weren't touching the flavour text box. They were really, really close, though!

You're welcome! :D

Indeed! Much better!

Now that you've moved the set number down, the rarity symbol looks a bit off. Maybe try moving it down by one as well?

Ah dang. You're right! Haha. I'll get those moved. :) Thanks for pointing stuff out. It's really good to have a second pair of eyes looks my cards over. :)

Alright guys...I need some help on this bad boy:
2hd1mba.jpg

Something is wrong with the Pokemon Power font and the Illustrator font is a tad off. I use Gill Sans MT Condensed for the Pokemon Power and I use Gill Sans MT Bold for the Illustrator font. I can't figure out why it looks so weird. :/

Try Gill Sans Condensed (Bold) for the Pokémon Power and Illustrator. Those seem to match up with Neo-era cards (I assume the classic sets would be the same, though I know there is a difference between Neo and classic flavour text). I think Gill Sans MT Condensed (Bold) is just for the Length, Weight, etc. and (I think) the "Evolves from" text.

Looks good, though. :)

The foil looks a bit odd, though. Try to see what happens if you desaturate it and use Multiply 70% under Dodge 100%.

Back