XY Do You Nickname Your Pokémon?

Omega Soul

I'm feeling dizzy
I have to otherwise I get irked. It seems so redundant and mundane to me to just leave it as is. I need to feel that it's my pokemon, and If I ever don't give something a nickname, it's if I'm sending it off on wonder trade.

And so, do you nickname your Pokémon?

RE: Do You Nickname Your Pokemon?

First of all, only breeded Pokémon get to be nicknamed. Secondly, If I have a good nickname then yes, otherwise, to feel that it's my Pokémon, I rely on specific hatching locations, some signature move or a background story.

Yes, if its a pokemon I breed or catch on my own. It helps me get more attached to my pokemon! :3

No! Never! I play X and they all have their original names. However my brother catches loads in Y for Wonder Trades and gives them ridiculous names before sending them away, such as a Weedle named "Liam Neeson" :)

Always!!! I love my Pokémon dearly, and I feel that I need to give them names. Calling your Lucario "Lucario" is just like calling your brother "Human." xD

I don't nickname my Pokemon, first off because I don't usually have any good names. Second I just think it seems kind of...I don't know. I just don't do it.

The past year I have been because it makes them more personal. The name I give them has meaning.

I've always nicknamed everything that I use in my team or train to level 100, except legendary Pokémon.

I always nickname my pokemon, even if I'm just going to box them without giving them a second thought. I dunno why, I just think it's cool. It makes me sad that I can't nickname some of my guys that I've migrated up. I've got EV Trained pokemon from before I nicknamed everything, so I'll do battles with people where there's 5 nicknamed pokemon and then "Azelf". It's rather frustrating.

I usually try to nickname my teams with a common theme. Then that sort of gets messed up when I mix up my teams. I've had Greek Mythology, Egyptian gods, Anime characters and the sorts.

In the video games I don't, for a combination of the following reasons:
1) Character limit (I can't even use the name I wanted to have for my trainer because of this)
2) It looks visually odd/awkward to me in-game on the battle screen
3) I just don't feel like it.

I do nickname them on a Pokemon adoptables site I'm a member of, though. I have a list of nicknames I made/plan to nickname for every species (though the last time I updated it was when Mega Sableye was revealed). I nickname them things that they make me think of. Often there's no relevance between the nickname and the Pokemon, because my brain does random association. Some examples of the stranger ones:
Blastoise = Strong Vacation
Wobbuffet = Obscure Paradise
Cryogonal = Listerine
Dodrio = Do I Know You

I only nickname Pokemon that I battle with competitively but many times I cannot figure out how to nickname certain Pokemon or when I finds out that the regular name is actually better then anything I can come up with.

I nickname all my batte box Pokémon I use in competitive play after all the friends I make along the way in the community.

I usually do nickname my Pokémon. Typically, the names I choose are based off of characters from a different video game based on my mood or what I've played recently. It was kind of weird to me when I played my recent Wonderlocke and I couldn't nickname my Pokémon because they were all traded!

Back