XY Do you dislike what's been revealed of Gen VI?

GymLeaderSean said:
Pokemon's 3D past isn't good guys, and now it is unavoidable.

But Pokemon's 3D past never involved Game Freak. Who made Stadium 1 and 2? EAD and HAL. Who made Colloseum and XD? Genius Sonority. PBR? Also Genius.

Game Freak may have been consulted on some of these to make sure they were representing the franchise well (and to set up connectivity with the main-series, of course), but they have never done a 3D game directly.

catutie said:
a ranger game (I personally hope no more ranger games come out)

:'(

Ok may i ask that everyone learn to not take opinions as fact. Opinions are subjective views. Do not moan so much about them please. You either agree or disagree. The way you guys do it its a race to see who can be loudest when moaning about what someone else feels. Please keep this civil or i will delete my thread which is a shame due to the discussion this generated

Chariblaze said:
GymLeaderSean said:
Pokemon's 3D past isn't good guys, and now it is unavoidable.

But Pokemon's 3D past never involved Game Freak. Who made Stadium 1 and 2? EAD and HAL. Who made Colloseum and XD? Genius Sonority. PBR? Also Genius.

Game Freak may have been consulted on some of these to make sure they were representing the franchise well (and to set up connectivity with the main-series, of course), but they have never done a 3D game directly.

catutie said:
a ranger game (I personally hope no more ranger games come out)

:'(

Sorry. Ranger games just annoy me. No one shuts up and the actual game only takes 30 seconds, you sit through 5 min of exposition and dialogue and then take 2 min to capture something an then another 5 min of talking. I just don't like taking a pokemon, using it once and then it goes away....or having to find 5 pokemon with a level 1 fire ability to make it through a forest with fallen logs, I just found it tedious and boring.

3d has helped multiple franchises, (ahhhhh n64 is best console) and now that it's actually good 3d an not 64 bit, they can do so much. Just look at like...super Mario 3d land or paper Mario ss (if you like that game, I don't....) it can add alot of creativity and innovation to a series

RE: Anyone not liking Generation 6 after Generation 5?

GymLeaderSean said:
evilpacman said:
I usually grow to like certain Pokemon that I once disliked. From the 5th gen, I like a fair amount, but there are others I really cant get into. That includes all the fighting types. I dont like any of them.

Thanks for putting this in perspective! I never really knew how long the other generations lasted, because I stopped after 2nd gen for a while. I always figured 3rd and 4th were the longest because they had 3 separate game releases (main games, 3rd game, remakes) whereas the 1st 2nd and 5th only had 2 releases. So while it seemed like the 5th gen was short, I was thinking that given how long its been out in Japan, it was probably pretty close to the rest. The English timespan seems so much shorter because there will be a worldwide release, which, I'm sure if this were the case with all the generations, many fans would be happy to get them after only a few years to coincide with the Japanese release.

I didn't think it was that short, but then I realise that Generation 5 is ONLY JUST ahead of Generation 2 in Japan. That is....that's just wrong. Where is Conquest 2? Ranger 4? Hell, Pokepark 3 or something new. We can still keep it going, if even until the start of 2014. It just feels (and actually is in terms of main series games) than Generation 2. Generation 2 may be shorter time-wise, but as Main series games go (which includes 3D console games) Generation 2 had Gold, Silver, Crystal, Stadium 2. Generation 5 had Black, White and Black 2 and White 2. It doesn't even have a console game. :(

They knew gen 5 would have to be shorter the moment they decided to drag out the DS regardless of 3DS being on the horizon.

I think they've done everything as smooth as they could.

As for spin-offs...gamefreak doesn't oversee or make most of those games, but yeah, at least a properly done PBR2 would have been nice.

RE: Anyone not liking Generation 6 after Generation 5?

GymLeaderSean said:
Generation 2 had Gold, Silver, Crystal, Stadium 2. Generation 5 had Black, White and Black 2 and White 2. It doesn't even have a console game. :(
Gen 5 has Conquest, Poképark 2, Mystery Dungeon Labyrith, Pokédex 3D, the typing game and Dream Radar. Pokémon Stadium and Battle Revolution are crappy games anyway.
A Ranger would have been nice though. :C

GymLeaderSean said:
Ok may i ask that everyone learn to not take opinions as fact. Opinions are subjective views. Do not moan so much about them please. You either agree or disagree. The way you guys do it its a race to see who can be loudest when moaning about what someone else feels. Please keep this civil or i will delete my thread which is a shame due to the discussion this generated

You made this thread which is based on opinions, and gave your opinion. Then other people gave theirs. Quit whining just because people don't agree with you. >_>

sillykyle said:
GymLeaderSean said:

You made this thread which is based on opinions, and gave your opinion. Then other people gave theirs. Quit whining just because people don't agree with you. >_>

There is a difference between saying why somones opinion differss from mine, which is perfectly fine, saying my opinion is outright wrong and doing what some people have done and just complain about Gen 5 or Pokemon designs.

I have a feeling there will be a new sense of liveliness in NPC as well as with the new 3d battle that should be more lively too, but I cans ee what you're saying. Playing pokemon stadium and the pokemon are 'battling' (just standing there in an idle animation which is 1 of 3 of the animations for each pokemon) can get a bit repetitive.

At first when X and Y were first announced, I hated how they announced 6th gen so soon, all the starters except Froakie, and I thought both the legends were just meh, but now that its been a bit, I've gotten over 6th gen being announced so quickly, and I like the new Pokemon a little more.

GymLeaderSean said:
There is a difference between saying why somones opinion differss from mine, which is perfectly fine, saying my opinion is outright wrong and doing what some people have done and just complain about Gen 5 or Pokemon designs.

You don't have to delete your thread every time someone disagrees with you. That's kinda what a discussion is about.

Anywho, we know next to nothing about these games, save for the starters and a couple of legendaries. We all knew 3D was coming eventually, although perhaps not to this degree so soon. I'm with you on this one, though. I'm really curious to see how they'll implement it. The "connectivity" thing is also inevitable, although I'm sure you won't have to battle/trade/talk with other people throughout the entire game. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but I can see why it'd turn some people away. But overall, these small hints about the game aren't really something to base your concrete opinion on.

GymLeaderSean said:
I know everybody and their grandmother wants to see a game progress into graphical 3D goodness. HOWEVER, Pokemon....hasn't been that grand in 3D.
Stadium and Stadium 2, I can't really get an opinion on those, I haven't played them. Battle Revolution was boring too, battle after battle....
Colosseum and XD though. Full 3D adventures! Not. You get overworld....sort of...although rather bland and somewhat...empty. Progression is slow...there are fights when you really don't want them (Grunts dropping down from the ceiling anyone?) Almost all fights are a Double Battle, and god forbid the fights can drag on for well over 8 minutes. Pokemon's 3D past isn't good guys, and now it is unavoidable.
Generation 6 features all the staples of the main games, including Gyms, lush areas and new Pokemon, although of the current 5 only Yveltal stands out to me, and full 3D battles....completely animated....all the damn time...which means battles could drag. Oh dear. But that isn't a problem.
Trainers stand by the road...staring into space...motionless....oh dear.
So you're saying that X and Y will be bad because Pokemon games made by different studios years ago on different, outdated systems were bad?
While the 3D could be nice, and cel-shading appeals to me, being a player of kids games, but we also have a new step for Pokemon: Constant Connectivity.
While we don't know what this means yet, I can hazard a very good guess. Characters appear to be customisable, and there is a major worldwide release, with talk of 'Experiencing the adventures together'. I play the Pokemon games to avoid this thing called the Metagame. All the people on there can be absolute stuck up ***** at times. Plus they can be non to pleasent to newcomers.
I play the Pokemon games because that has become the one place you can be without the nagging of 'Do this noob' or 'That team sucks' or 'Change this that or the other' etc. You get the point. Constant Connectivity means in the games, if the recent Miiverse is anything to go by, we can't possibly avoid them! Great. :(
But like the Miiverse, there may be an option to turn it off. Please god, please.
Please give me some proof that X and Y will be some kind of MMO. I don't know where you got the idea that you will be constantly connected to every other player from. Most likely we'll keep up what we had last generation; a pass-by system, GTS, random battles, and trading/battling with friends. I see zero reason to believe that the next step is for everybody to be connected, and even if we do get that, I see zero reason to believe Game Freak will just let everybody be rude to each other in their kid's game. Plus it would mostly be just a bunch of little kids playing their games and competitive players generally don't care what you do on your in-game team unless your ask for advice. Also, does generalizing all competitive players make you any better than the rude ones?
GoobieDoob said:
I have some problems with this, and some good things. The Problems:

Water Type Starter - We have too many toads and frogs, for example
. Poliwag
. Poliwhirl
. Poliwrath
. Politoed
. Croagunk
. Toxicroak

Fire Type Starter - We already have wolves and dogs and foxes
. Vulpix
. Ninetales
. Growlithe
. Arcanine
. Poochyena
. Mightyena
. Houndour
. Houndoom
. Lillipup
. Herdier
. Stoutland

Grass Type Starter - Pretty original, but I think it looks like a rodent . . .
. Rattata
. Raticate
. Pichu
. Pikachu
. Raichu
. Sandshrew
. Sandslash
. Sentret
. Furret
. Emolga
. Pachirisu
So...Chespin is a bad Pokemon because it's a rodent that looks like a rodent and other rodents look like rodents? Repeating animals isn't a bad thing. Froakie's design incorporates egg clumps, Fennekin is the only fennec Pokemon to date, and Chespin is the only weird procupine chesnut thingy.
The introduction to better Pokemon ever since Generation 5. Unova freaking sucked. There are still probably no useful Pokemon there and probably never will for my team except for Audino Training. But yes, the starters look awesome and rad.
>no useful Unova Pokemon
>Jellicent
>Ferrothorn
>Haxorus
>Excadrill
>Reuniclus
>Volcarona
>Hydreigon
>etc
evilpacman said:
Its probably been mentioned before, but I strongly disagree with the secondary typings. Psychic/Dark/Fighting dont work the same way Fire/Grass/Water work. One starter will be immune to another's attacks. The types will surely be this:
Grass
Water
cutting massive space
Fire/Fighting.
So what? The Pokemon with the Dark type(Chespin) will have a slight advantage that won't even matter because all starters would be Super Effective against the rest and the difference in damage taken between a resistance and immunity isn't much. Not to mention the factoring in of stat values that could shift the balance so that Chespin would be the worst of them all. In Gen 4, Empoleon didn't get Super Effective STAB on Torterra when both Torterra and Infernape got Super Effective STAB on the other two starters. I'd say that's a bigger disadvantage.

Cinesra said:
GymLeaderSean said:
I know everybody and their grandmother wants to see a game progress into graphical 3D goodness. HOWEVER, Pokemon....hasn't been that grand in 3D.
Stadium and Stadium 2, I can't really get an opinion on those, I haven't played them. Battle Revolution was boring too, battle after battle....
Colosseum and XD though. Full 3D adventures! Not. You get overworld....sort of...although rather bland and somewhat...empty. Progression is slow...there are fights when you really don't want them (Grunts dropping down from the ceiling anyone?) Almost all fights are a Double Battle, and god forbid the fights can drag on for well over 8 minutes. Pokemon's 3D past isn't good guys, and now it is unavoidable.
Generation 6 features all the staples of the main games, including Gyms, lush areas and new Pokemon, although of the current 5 only Yveltal stands out to me, and full 3D battles....completely animated....all the damn time...which means battles could drag. Oh dear. But that isn't a problem.
Trainers stand by the road...staring into space...motionless....oh dear.
So you're saying that X and Y will be bad because Pokemon games made by different studios years ago on different, outdated systems were bad?
While the 3D could be nice, and cel-shading appeals to me, being a player of kids games, but we also have a new step for Pokemon: Constant Connectivity.
While we don't know what this means yet, I can hazard a very good guess. Characters appear to be customisable, and there is a major worldwide release, with talk of 'Experiencing the adventures together'. I play the Pokemon games to avoid this thing called the Metagame. All the people on there can be absolute stuck up ***** at times. Plus they can be non to pleasent to newcomers.
I play the Pokemon games because that has become the one place you can be without the nagging of 'Do this noob' or 'That team sucks' or 'Change this that or the other' etc. You get the point. Constant Connectivity means in the games, if the recent Miiverse is anything to go by, we can't possibly avoid them! Great. :(
But like the Miiverse, there may be an option to turn it off. Please god, please.
Please give me some proof that X and Y will be some kind of MMO. I don't know where you got the idea that you will be constantly connected to every other player from. Most likely we'll keep up what we had last generation; a pass-by system, GTS, random battles, and trading/battling with friends. I see zero reason to believe that the next step is for everybody to be connected, and even if we do get that, I see zero reason to believe Game Freak will just let everybody be rude to each other in their kid's game. Plus it would mostly be just a bunch of little kids playing their games and competitive players generally don't care what you do on your in-game team unless your ask for advice. Also, does generalizing all competitive players make you any better than the rude ones?
GoobieDoob said:

. Poliwag
. Poliwhirl
. Poliwrath
. Politoed
. Croagunk
. Toxicroak

Fire Type Starter - We already have wolves and dogs and foxes
. Vulpix
. Ninetales
. Growlithe
. Arcanine
. Poochyena
. Mightyena
. Houndour
. Houndoom
. Lillipup
. Herdier
. Stoutland

Grass Type Starter - Pretty original, but I think it looks like a rodent . . .
. Rattata
. Raticate
. Pichu
. Pikachu
. Raichu
. Sandshrew
. Sandslash
. Sentret
. Furret
. Emolga
. Pachirisu
So...Chespin is a bad Pokemon because it's a rodent that looks like a rodent and other rodents look like rodents? Repeating animals isn't a bad thing. Froakie's design incorporates egg clumps, Fennekin is the only fennec Pokemon to date, and Chespin is the only weird procupine chesnut thingy.
The introduction to better Pokemon ever since Generation 5. Unova freaking sucked. There are still probably no useful Pokemon there and probably never will for my team except for Audino Training. But yes, the starters look awesome and rad.
>no useful Unova Pokemon
>Jellicent
>Ferrothorn
>Haxorus
>Excadrill
>Reuniclus
>Volcarona
>Hydreigon
>etc
evilpacman said:
Its probably been mentioned before, but I strongly disagree with the secondary typings. Psychic/Dark/Fighting dont work the same way Fire/Grass/Water work. One starter will be immune to another's attacks. The types will surely be this:
Grass
Water
cutting massive space
Fire/Fighting.
So what? The Pokemon with the Dark type(Chespin) will have a slight advantage that won't even matter because all starters would be Super Effective against the rest and the difference in damage taken between a resistance and immunity isn't much. Not to mention the factoring in of stat values that could shift the balance so that Chespin would be the worst of them all. In Gen 4, Empoleon didn't get Super Effective STAB on Torterra when both Torterra and Infernape got Super Effective STAB on the other two starters. I'd say that's a bigger disadvantage.

Way to rip a thread apart XD
All valid points, and I'm just overly cautious, since online gaming is new to me (sue me) and I also don't fare well with people, unless it's co-op, which is why the whole concept disturbs me, not just because it's a gameplay thing, but also psychological, which is probably why no one else completely agrees.

And yeah I agree on the Unova thing, although I like all Unova Pokemon bar one, which is called Serperior.

So if its co-op, you're okay with it, and if it is online gaming, you're not? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they nearly the same?

Haunted Water said:
So if its co-op, you're okay with it, and if it is online gaming, you're not? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they nearly the same?

Alright, let me go into that.

I don't like people. I never used to own co-op games. I never saw the appeal of online gaming until I got onto the PSN. Now, I am horribly, HORRIBLY introverted. I can't be around people, that in itself is a barrier. There are times I can sit down and talk to someone. I only recently got a microphone for my PS3 purely because I felt that in the past year I have come far enough to try that.

Now, I don't like being competitive because I have these existing issues with people. If I was to go online and battle someone, I couldn't enjoy it. It's not a lack of appeal, it's a psychological aspect that stops me from either seeing why someone enjoys beating someone else, or that it stops me from wanting to.
Now co-op however, is working WITH someone. And the first game I played like this was Ratchet: Gladiator for PS2 with a friend. And I loved that experience. Since then I bought a lot more co-op games. I enjoy working WITH someone because it makes me feel like I'm overcoming my introversion. I know this must sound odd, but I get more of a kick out of working through a progressive game with someone, not 'stumping' them in a way. See where I am coming from with that? It's purely psychological though.

Let me ask, do you not like the c-gear?

If you don't then sure you might be in some trouble.

But if you like it then it will surely be exactly the same

catutie said:

No. I don't like the C-Gear. Looks like I'm in trouble then.

GymLeaderSean said:
catutie said:

No. I don't like the C-Gear. Looks like I'm in trouble then.

I keep mine shut off too, but as I said before, you can shut off the wireless on the 3ds

RADSheikah183 said:
The Lack of news. Hardly announced only new thing outside the trailer is Sylveon.

We've got 8 months until the game comes out, we don't need to know everything right now.

Although I would've liked something more this month than one new Eeveelution.

GoobieDoob said:

. Poliwag
. Poliwhirl
. Poliwrath
. Politoed
. Croagunk
. Toxicroak

One thing: Almost all of those are Toads or Tadpoles. NOT Frogs.

Really, we're going to put all rodents in the same category? Rabbits, Mice, Rats, Shrews, Squirrels, etc.? I'm not even going to comment any more.

Shrews aren't Rodents.

Grass Type Starter - We have rodent pokemon, though not a hedgehog
. Sanshrew/Sandslash are sort of similar I guess

Hedgehogs also aren't Rodents.

Back