Do you believe extraterrestrial life exists?

Multiverse is a whole different topic. Some believe in it, some don't. But this isn't the place to discuss it.
And I don't see how the vastness of the universe is relevant to the existence of the multiverse. The multiverse has to do with the existence of many worlds. The size of these worlds doesn't play a role in it.
And you don't want VG characters around, trust me. Say, who tangles with space (thus most possible to reach us)? Hmm... What about EX Death? No, I certainly don't want such guys around.

I believe there is life outside of Earth.

I believe in lots of things in fact. Sometimes, things cannot be explained.

ChillBill said:
And you don't want VG characters around, trust me. Say, who tangles with space (thus most possible to reach us)? Hmm... What about EX Death? No, I certainly don't want such guys around.
If ET's do exist and are anything like what Hollywood makes them out to be, then VG Characters would actually be a step up imo since ET's would probably be able to do all that stuff anyways :|

ChillBill said:
Actually, habitable planets have been discovered. Of course, as you say, their size is quite big. but there might as well be "aliens" there. If life appears somewhere, it is sure to adapt to its environment.

I don't know why I thought you were talking about humans colonizing those planets, lol. On the topic of planets with intense gravity, flight/gliding is supposedly easier for life there. Something about density or something, but I don't quite remember what.

"Life doesn't exist anywhere but earth? That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean."

There is a very high chance that, because of the incomprehensible size of the universe, other sentient life does exist. Additionally, I assume that said extraterrestrial organisms would probably have to be or, at some point, have been human-like in nature, as many living cells in our observable universe cannot thrive in extreme temperature.

Recently, a star that is similar to our sun, Tau Ceti, has been said to have planets orbiting it with one in particular with inhabitable life conditions. It is currently being further researched.

So, yes, I believe that extraterrestrial life exists. The mathematical and logical possibilities are immense.

I checked that when I posted my last post here. I saw 2 planets. It is the second system to have 2 planets in the habitable zone (after Gliese 581).

omahanime said:
omahanime said:
There almost has to be "Extraterrestrial life".
The important questions are

Is it evolved?
Is it intelligent?
Does it have technology?
Has it visited us?

Oops one more question.
Should I care?

Unless they can get here, I don't see how the knowledge of alien life would affect my life.

Well, I'll just watch America's progress in space with great interest... if Greece still exists, that is.

I believe that there is certainly extraterrestrial life out there.
As other people have mentioned the universe is simply too large, and then there is the theory of the multiverse which consists of many universes..
There is simply too much space out there for it just to be us

I do not believe that we have ever been visited by aliens (at this point of time) simply due to the fact that if they had the technology to travel to Earth... we would probably all be enslaved right now... unless they are waiting for us to evolve or expand more... I don't know :3

Yes, I do believe that there is some other beings out there, as the galaxy is WAY too big for us too be alone, as there are countless galaxies, even more stars, and an unlimited amount of planets, some of which must have even an ounce of life, no matter how small. Hopefully, as time moves on, we'll discover the secret to hyper-space travel, light-speed, and all sorts of things. We are going to discover alien life eventually, but when or where, you're guess is just as good as mine.

imo, the only way we'd be able to travel to other planets that support life is if we could either invent/travel trough worm-holes, otherwise even if we could travel at the speed of light it would still take anywhere between ten or millions of years to reach our destinations.

So I don't think that we're going anywhere anytime soon :p

True enough. Although there are planets that are 5-6 light years close to us. We haven't even sent people to Mars yet. Outer space is very far in the future.

NidoJosh said:
I believe that there is certainly extraterrestrial life out there.
As other people have mentioned the universe is simply too large, and then there is the theory of the multiverse which consists of many universes..
There is simply too much space out there for it just to be us

I do not believe that we have ever been visited by aliens (at this point of time) simply due to the fact that if they had the technology to travel to Earth... we would probably all be enslaved right now... unless they are waiting for us to evolve or expand more... I don't know :3

I definitely believe that we have been visited by aliens. Due to the theory of universal expansion, there has been planets for billions of years longer than humans have evolved to what they are today. Imagine if our technology was a billion years more advanced.

They can get to Earth, the reason they don't enslave us is because we are pathetic. It would be like you going to an anthill and enslaving ants. What purpose would you have for that?

Also, your avatar is totally hot.

GHJamesGH said:
I definitely believe that we have been visited by aliens. Due to the theory of universal expansion, there has been planets for billions of years longer than humans have evolved to what they are today. Imagine if our technology was a billion years more advanced.

They can get to Earth, the reason they don't enslave us is because we are pathetic. It would be like you going to an anthill and enslaving ants. What purpose would you have for that?

Yeah.. They came all the way here to abduct some already social and mental impaired people and to mess with cattle and crops. As of now, there is no reason to assume we have been visited by any kind of extraterrestrial life. Just because it is likely that there are other sentient beings somewhere out there, does not imply they have been here as well. We still do not even have an idea of how common life is in the universe, so far, the only planet that we know contains life is Earth.

Our universe is quite young, we are a second generation solar system. A first generation solar system does not contain heavy elements, they contain mostly gas giants. The fact that it took about 4 billion years for intelligent life to evolve on Earth is another indication that the path to a sentient life form is quite a struggle. Most of the life on other planets are probably either microbial or not capable of intelligent communication.

Let alone the fact that they still have to travel to Earth in order to visit us. Wormholes and whatnot all sound like a great idea, but since there is not indication, as of today, that any of these methods of traveling is possible, let's not jump to the conclusion they are.

It is close-minded to think that we are the only intelligent life in the universe, but since we do not have any idea of what is possible in terms of extraterrestrial evolution, space traveling and life on other planets in general, it makes one seem blinded by enthousiasm if he was to think that the universe was one giant anthill filled with intelligent life.

We simply don't know, only time and research will tell..

The only thing that would lead me to believe in ET's being here in the past are the pyramids. But that's a weak theory imho. Also ET's are either not intelligent at all, less advance than us, or too intelligent to bother with us (and if this is the case, they probably wouldn't enslave us either, I mean that's putting a rather Hollywood feel to it and you would think that a highly advanced race would be beyond things like slavery.)

Speaking of Hollywood, I hope that if there really are ET's out there, that they wont be the little green things with weird eyes that the movies make them out to be...

The Pikachu Mafia said:
The only thing that would lead me to believe in ET's being here in the past are the pyramids. But that's a weak theory imho. Also ET's are either not intelligent at all, less advance than us, or too intelligent to bother with us (and if this is the case, they probably wouldn't enslave us either, I mean that's putting a rather Hollywood feel to it and you would think that a highly advanced race would be beyond things like slavery.)

Speaking of Hollywood, I hope that if there really are ET's out there, that they wont be the little green things with weird eyes that the movies make them out to be...

The only reason we don't slave is because the WW3 will form because of the human rights. If they behave like us, then I think they would make us slaves (that is what we would do like they are not "humans"). specially if the are lazy.

Back