Do we know if there is going to be rotation this year?

Do you think there will be rotation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lil Wayne

.=I Hate to see her go.. love to watch her leave=.
I have heard rumors about having no rotation....

So, do we know if there is going to be a rotation this year? Also, what will the rotation be? HGSS to what? Should we stock up on: Pokemon Collectors, Magnezones, Celebis, Junk Arms etc....

Please LMK. I need to know, thanks guys!

~Tunechi

Ugh, I hate threads like these.

Anything that you've heard right now are only rumors. There has been no announcement on anything related to the rotation.

Agreed, threads like this are sillly. While rotation is important, it's also far away with many competitions between now and then involving our current meta which is more important to focus on.

Truth is no one knows whats happening with rotation. No one really will until it happens, if it did happen this year we would alredy have Dark Rush and probably the dragon set which means we would probably have new set's announced as well. But this is all just assumption, like rotation.

Yeah, I agree this is a bit early.

I am unsure about rotation however, and it is important to see how the game progresses before I can make a real guess on whether or not there will be a rotation. I'd say it depends a lot on the drawpower cards we get and the T/S/S we get.

I personally think that because of the small amount of sets we have now, there will be a small rotation, just to keep things interesting. At least HGSS and UL, and hopefully UD because I don't like Vileplume haha. Triumphant is where most of the engines are based, so I say keep that set, and everything on. Rotating to UD-On, however, goes back to the 9 sets legal at the start of the year mentality that they used to always use.

Honestly, I'd say the only likely options are Call of Legends-on and BW-on... Call of Legends fits in with their four-sets-rotated goal, and would explain why they so heavily emphasized that it wasn't a HS set. BW-on's logic should be obvious. Either way, I'd say it's practically guaranteed that there will be one.

RiverShock said:
Honestly, I'd say the only likely options are Call of Legends-on and BW-on... Call of Legends fits in with their four-sets-rotated goal, and would explain why they so heavily emphasized that it wasn't a HS set. BW-on's logic should be obvious. Either way, I'd say it's practically guaranteed that there will be one.
^

Although they could troll us like they did last year and made the rotation HS-on instead of RR-on or whatever.

But honestly? Just sit tight and wait for the news to come out. They will tell us if there'll be a rotation or not, and the news usually comes out around...June or so.

Hopefully a Pokemon Collector re-print before HGSS is rotated out :D?
I only just got a playset of R/H collectors lol! Better not get rid of them this year!

Glaceon said:
Yeah, I agree this is a bit early.

It's even funnier when people make threads like these not even a month after the last rotation...

But like everyone said, it's a little early. I'm going with BW-on though.

I have x2 Mewtwo EX's. So I was wondering if I should trade them for cards from HGSS and things like that. I have to be early, not very many people in this world have x2 Mewtwo EX At this moment. Do any of you have 2? I have to be wise with my choices.

Don't hate....

I have 3.... But anyways, its fine to stock up on staples, because you can easily sell them at nats if there is a rotation.

Just curious, why would you stock up on HGSS staples? If they're rotated, won't they be worthless?

SoulWind. That is what I am asking. Should I? If didn't think there was going to be a rotation this year I would get those, but I am guessing there will be. Someone (A league leader) told me there was no rotation this year....

In terms of cards being reprinted, I'm hoping for a sages training reprint with the team plasma sages. (maybe something in the inevitable team plasma-themed set?)

And there will probably be a rotation later on in the year, after worlds. I'm expecting they'll leave CoL in play for consistency. It really depends on what is released in the dragon sets

Lil Wayne said:
SoulWind. That is what I am asking. Should I? If didn't think there was going to be a rotation this year I would get those, but I am guessing there will be. Someone (A league leader) told me there was no rotation this year....

Well, if there is a rotation, I don't think it would be wise to have a lot of HGSS cards.

One of the Judges at my PR said there's a good chance the rotation will be around the same time as Nationals or after Worlds at the latest. But he also said you can't know for sure until it's announced. As for myself, I'm going to sell most of my "Soon-to-be-rotated" cards asap. :)

Soulwind. Ah... That's why.... :p

27th_wonder. Thanks! That is what I really needed! CoL might still stay in. Thanks! :)

I honestly don't think CoL will stay. It would be too confusing with the renaming of trainers and such, and I think anyone agrees that there was nothing worthwhile in there.

pokemonjoe said:
I honestly don't think CoL will stay. It would be too confusing with the renaming of trainers and such, and I think anyone agrees that there was nothing worthwhile in there.
let's see, we had
PONT
Sage's
Mime Jr.
Tyrogue
edit: oh right, there's Cleffa too
Jirachi
Smeargle
Ninetales
Relicanth
Dual Ball
Lost Remover
Research Record

all in Call of Legends.

What do you mean, "there's nothing worthwhile in there"?

^

don't forget the special dark and metal energies. Their most recent forms were in CoL as well

Yeah. ^^^^ I am kinda sad that Shaymin will be going. :/

So, what cards will you miss the most??? I am going to miss, Shaymin, Pachi, Magnezone Prime, Junk Arm, Mew Prime, Electrode Prime.

Back