XY Distribution of Pokémon not in X and Y

MegaTombo said:
Well I do not want all Pokemon to be available. I think it is better that you have to bring them up from previous games. People can always breed and trade them.

You can't breed Legendaries! (Other than Manaphy)

The way I see it:
Legendary Birds: There's obviously more than just one of each as shown in the anime if I'm not mistaken. And they're birds who are probably going to travel (migrate) to other places sometimes.
Lugia: This dude can apparently breed due to the baby lugia Silver. Plus they live in the ocean which means they can travel wherever.
Mew Duo: There is only one mew. Period. But he is a total wild card and can go where ever the heck he wants. Mewtwo is apparently recreateable so he can be in whatever region the scientists are at.
Legendary Beasts: There's more than one of each. And Suicune travels the world cleansing the waters. They could be in any region.
Ho-oh: Since he and Lugia are a pair, if lugia can breed, I'm pretty sure he can too. And he's been traveling all over the regions.
Celebi: There's a shit load of these dudes in like every time line. There are also forests all over the world. So he is all over the world.
Legendary Golems: There's more than one of each of these guys too. Plus, regirock is shown to travel through the ground and pop up wherever. They could be in any generation.
Regigigas: There's only one regigigas and he is frozen in the temple till you bring one of each of the golems to him. He really has no point in being anywhere else.
Latios and Latias: They are siblings and even had parents. Plus they migrate so they can be in whatever generation.
Weather Trio: This one is complicated. There's only one of each of these guys though so that makes it a bit simpler. Groudon is pretty much stagnant. He shouldn't travel and just stay in his volcano. Kyogre, however, is the king of the sea and can swim wherever. He could be in any generation's waters. The same can be said for Rayquaza, but with flying.
Jirachi and Deoxys: These two are together because they're both from outer space. They probably come from a planet where there's a bunch of them. While that's speculation for Jirachi, it's proven for Deoxys. But the bottom line is they could fall to Earth anywhere, in any region.
Lake Guardians: There's only one of each of these guys. But they migrate and can go wherever.
Creation Trio: There's only one of each of these three as well. But they reside in different dimensions and can emerge from them wherever around the world, since they apply to every region, not just Sinnoh.
Arceus: He's freaking Pokemon God. He can do whatever.
Lunar Trio: There's more than one Darkrai and Cresselia. They aren't that special. But they represent the moon and I'm pretty sure the moon is a thing in every region. Just saying.
Sea Guardians: There's multiple Manaphy and Phione, both of which travel through the sea like Lugia and Kyogre so they can be anywhere.
Heatran: There's more than one Heatran. TBH, there's probably one in every volcano.
Shaymin: Well duh there's more than one of them and they travel the world.
Victini: I'm fairly certain there's only one victini and I see no reason for him to travel. He should probably be only obtainable in Unova.
Swords of Justice: There's one of each (except Keldeo who apparently has a family) and they serve to protect pokemons' environments. They're wherever the Earth is being harmed.
Forces of Nature: There's only one of each and they can migrate wherever.
Tao Trio: Only one of each but no real reason to travel. Pretty sure they stay in Unova since they helped create it.
Meloetta: There's nothing keeping it in Unova. There's only one of her and I'm pretty sure she just goes where the party's at.
Genesect: He is recreateable like mewtwo. Could be anywhere.

IN CONCLUSION:
The only pokemon that really shouldn't be available outside of their region because it doesn't make sense are:

Regigigas, Groudon, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem.

In BW2, it's mentioned that there was a forest fire and Keldeo was separated from his family and the Muskdeers took care of him, so I'm pretty sure there are more Keldeo around.

Blob55 said:
In BW2, it's mentioned that there was a forest fire and Keldeo was separated from his family and the Muskdeers took care of him, so I'm pretty sure there are more Keldeo around.

Did it really? It would make sense since he seemed like he was adopted in by the trio, not really an original member.
Edited my previous post.

The only grievance that I have with obtaining pokemon is in fact that all normal pokemon aren't available through gameplay. They should have made it to where only starters that they didn't already include and legendary pokemon were unavailable. That way the GTS wouldn't be flooded with people wanting a Feebas for something small.

Honestly, I think they'll start from scratch again and make all Pokemon obtainable at some point in this generation. Look at X and Y. All the generation one Pokemon are all obtainable in the game. Except Mew, which implies they'll be an event for it soon. As far as Mythical Pokemon, I think they'll go in chronological order with the first being Mew, then Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. If there are any Mythical Pokemon in X and Y, then they can be distributed anytime in that bunch.

Teeboy23 said:
Honestly, I think they'll start from scratch again and make all Pokemon obtainable at some point in this generation. Look at X and Y. All the generation one Pokemon are all obtainable in the game. Except Mew, which implies they'll be an event for it soon. As far as Mythical Pokemon, I think they'll go in chronological order with the first being Mew, then Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. If there are any Mythical Pokemon in X and Y, then they can be distributed anytime in that bunch.

Actually, the Meowth, Rattata, Koffing and Porygon lines also aren't available in XY.

KiKi said:
The only grievance that I have with obtaining pokemon is in fact that all normal pokemon aren't available through gameplay. They should have made it to where only starters that they didn't already include and legendary pokemon were unavailable. That way the GTS wouldn't be flooded with people wanting a Feebas for something small.

So? They do this every game. You haven't been able to get the complete set of regular wild Pokemon in any first pair of games since RS, this is nothing new. The only thing that makes this worse is the fact that cross gen transfers aren't available at the game's launch, nothing else. You'll be able to get everything come Christmas when Pokemon Bank comes out, and if you don't want that, there's almost certainly going to be more old Pokemon available in future 6th gen games like usual.

I'm more annoyed with how 5th gen handled things, because some regular Pokemon were not available at all in normal play in any 5th gen game. Stuff like Pikachu, Machop, Shinx, Snorunt, and Snover, which either had to be transferred from 4th gen or caught through some ridiculous mechanic like the DW or White Forest. That really was poorly planned and ridiculous, there was no reason they couldn't have added those guys into one of the games (what they should've done is put those in post game areas in BW2 instead of filling it with Pokemon that are ALREADY IN THE UNOVA DEX!).

Back