XY Distribution of Pokémon not in X and Y

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
So do you guys think the regular Pokémon like Meowth not in XY will be in the Sequel/3rd game, the remake or a new region, or only through events/PokéBank?

I'm worried it'll be the latter and the legendary distribution will be like in 5th gen, where only 2/3 at most will be in a 6th gen game, which I find unfair for those without 5th gen games or those who want to get everything without transferring over from older gens. The only possible Legendary they can get would be Phione, if Manaphy won't be in a later installment.

I don't see it as a huge problem if they're only available through Bank. If they do a Sequel/Third Game, then I'm assuming they'll make some of the Pokemon not available in XY available in that, but if they don't, it's no big problem. If people are so opposed to Gen V that they don't want to buy it, and thus forfeit the ability to obtain all the previous Gen's pokemon in Gen VI, then that's their problem, not something GF needs to consider. Also, with the increased accessibility of the GTS and online trading, if someone really wanted to get other pokemon, they could easily request for them there.

So yeah, not a huge issue, in my opinion.

But the people who want to trade Legendaries will trade other hard to obtain legendaries.

Well, that's kind of how it works. Plus, with the increased availability of shiny pokemon, people with only X and Y can (somewhat) easily find/breed one to trade for that Darkrai they want. Honestly, if someone is a true collector, and wants all the old legendaries...they should just suck it up and get the old games. Ebay is a great way to find old Pokemon games for cheap(ish).

I would agree with the second option but then again, they brought back the Gotta catch em all theme
Might be a clue for the fact they are going to allow us to catch all Pokemon including super duper legendaries?

After all, they really tried to bring back old fans which means they well aware to the fact that most of them don't have any Pokemon game..

You could get all non-Event Legendaries in each gen without getting them from a previous gen in Gens 1-4, so why were there so many Pokémon you couldn't get in Gen 5? So many Pokémon were either unavailable, or almost impossible to get and I'm worried they'll do the same this time, but with Legendaries.

All Pokémon were catchable in Gen 4 even though you didn't even need Internet to trade from gen 3. (Gen 5 was so closely related to gen 4 there were some legends you couldn't get in gen 5.) I don't see any reason why you could not catch all Pokémon in gen 6 as time passes.

I think the last time Kyogre and Groudon were available was back in third generation. I wanted to use a Kyogre last year in the Winter Friendly, but didn't have access to one so I had to make my team without it. I'm kind of hoping there will be more events to get some old legendaries.

King Arceus said:
I think the last time Kyogre and Groudon were available was back in third generation. I wanted to use a Kyogre last year in the Winter Friendly, but didn't have access to one so I had to make my team without it. I'm kind of hoping there will be more events to get some old legendaries.

Nope, in HG/SS you could catch Kyogre in HG and Groudon in SS. If you got both of them in the same game you could encounter Rayquaza.

Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza were actually all catchable in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I think you could get Groudon in one and Kyogre in the other. From trading with the other version and taking both Groudon and Kyogre with you, you could catch Rayquaza.

We are now in the new era of Pokemon. 5th gen was the beginning of the new era. This means most of the Pokemon will be very easy to get once bank is released in about 6 weeks or so. Not everyone here needs to have bank to get all the Pokemon. All you need to do is trade with someone that already has bank on their 3DS XD. I am on 7 boards so doing that will be easy for me and I don't need to buy bank for myself XD.:)

xxashxx said:
We are now in the new era of Pokemon. 5th gen was the beginning of the new era. This means most of the Pokemon will be very easy to get once bank is released in about 6 weeks or so. Not everyone here needs to have bank to get all the Pokemon. All you need to do is trade with someone that already has bank on their 3DS XD. I am on 7 boards so doing that will be easy for me and I don't need to buy bank for myself XD.:)

Not what I'm talking about... I could get stuff like Meowth fine, but what about the 50-ish Legendaries you can't get in XY at all?

I miss Gen 4, where you cold get all Pokémon even though they were available the gen before.

Blob55 said:
xxashxx said:

Not what I'm talking about... I could get stuff like Meowth fine, but what about the 50-ish Legendaries you can't get in XY at all?

I miss Gen 4, where you cold get all Pokémon even though they were available the gen before.

This is a highly unreasonable request to make. As time goes on, more and more legendaries will be added. Would you honestly want a postgame that involves going around catching previous legendaries that have absolutely no relation to the mythos of the current region? I honestly don't even think the legendary birds were necessary in X and Y. It makes very little sense why the 3 legendary birds from Kanto would magically appear in Kalos. They did the same thing in Sinnoh, and Professor Rowan/Oak made some BS excuse as to why they were there.
It would make zero sense for Reshiram, Kyogre, or Palkia to make an appearance in Kalos, when they are easily transferable from past gen games. Every legendary has its own purpose to fulfill in the region they originated, and should not randomly hop over into the newest region just so people can catch all 721 Pokemon in game. If someone is a true fan, and honestly wants to "catch them all", then they should buy the old games and transfer them over, thus eliminating the need for a nonsensical postgame and a surplus of foreign legendaries where they simply and logically do not belong.

I just think it's not very fair on those of us who don't have 5th gen games and there will come a time where you need a perfect shiny Yveltal just to get something like Azelf. I think some requests are extremely harsh, especially when it comes to Pokémon that are harder to come by.
Also I'm not buying BW and BW2 just to fill my OCD requirements. I don't care how out of place certain Legendaries are, I liked that they were all in Gen 4 games.
I thought the 3DS would mean a whole new start, so that we can tart over again like in 3rd gen and that's how I'd like it.

Blob55 said:

They need to be smarter about legendary Pokemon distribution. They shouldn't put a handful of legendaries in the first game and wait until the next game for tons and tons of legendaries, they should start with the first game. They could fit all of the legendaries in if they did that.

Tatertot said:
This is a highly unreasonable request to make. As time goes on, more and more legendaries will be added.

We only got 3 non event legendaries this gen, if they keep that up, it's going to take a while before that happens. When it gets to the point that they simply can't fit that many in a generation, then fine, but we haven't reached that point yet. They can easily fit all of them in 3 sets of games.

Tatertot said:
Would you honestly want a postgame that involves going around catching previous legendaries that have absolutely no relation to the mythos of the current region? I honestly don't even think the legendary birds were necessary in X and Y. It makes very little sense why the 3 legendary birds from Kanto would magically appear in Kalos. They did the same thing in Sinnoh, and Professor Rowan/Oak made some BS excuse as to why they were there.
It would make zero sense for Reshiram, Kyogre, or Palkia to make an appearance in Kalos, when they are easily transferable from past gen games. Every legendary has its own purpose to fulfill in the region they originated, and should not randomly hop over into the newest region just so people can catch all 721 Pokemon in game. If someone is a true fan, and honestly wants to "catch them all", then they should buy the old games and transfer them over, thus eliminating the need for a nonsensical postgame and a surplus of foreign legendaries where they simply and logically do not belong.

Some Pokemon like the bird trio and the Lati twins migrate. Some might have multiples of each species. A few of them actually do fit into the mythos pretty well (the Regis in Platinum, the weather trio in HGSS, the pixie trio and Heatran in BW2). I don't really think they do that bad of a job explaining why they're there.

Bolt the Cat said:
Some Pokemon like the bird trio and the Lati twins migrate. Some might have multiples of each species. A few of them actually do fit into the mythos pretty well (the Regis in Platinum, the weather trio in HGSS, the pixie trio and Heatran in BW2). I don't really think they do that bad of a job explaining why they're there.

Granted, a very few do fit into the mythos well. The Regis in Platinum make sense because Regigigas was found in Sinnoh, thus giving the Regis some context for being there. Heatran, also, in BW2 worked since it has always been established that there is more than one Heatran in the world. The Latis and Legendary birds also sort of work under the pretext of migration, so I'll give you that.
However, I completely disagree with the weather trio and pixie trio. The weather trio are the entire basis for Hoenn's mythos, and are so closely linked with the storyline that it makes no sense for them to all of a sudden show up in Johto. There was only one Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, and they rested in Hoenn. Period. As for the Pixie trio, it also makes little sense for them to all of a sudden show up in a different region, since they reside in Sinnoh to balance space, time, and antimatter.

Also, Blob, I'm sorry, but if you're so fundamentally opposed to the 5th generation, then I guess it just kind of sucks to be you. If you really don't want to play a great game because you have moral issues with it or whatever, then don't be mad when GF doesn't make the same legendary Pokemon that were just available one generation previous available for you to catch in Gen VI. That is all.

Tatertot said:
However, I completely disagree with the weather trio and pixie trio. The weather trio are the entire basis for Hoenn's mythos, and are so closely linked with the storyline that it makes no sense for them to all of a sudden show up in Johto. There was only one Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, and they rested in Hoenn. Period. As for the Pixie trio, it also makes little sense for them to all of a sudden show up in a different region, since they reside in Sinnoh to balance space, time, and antimatter.

Both of them are found in caves which connect to their home regions, so it would be easy for them to move to Johto and Unova. Also, the Pixie trio appears to be migratory as well, as evidence by the fact that Mesprit is a runner in DPPt and all three of them scatter to random areas in Unova in BW2.

Once bank is release in about 5 weeks then we will be able to clone on gen 5 and transfer our legends XD. Also the rest of the other Pokemon not yet obtainable XD.:)

Well gen 5 was bound to be too short the moment they decided to stay on DS regardless of a new handheld coming out.
Hence they didn't shove ALL starters and legends back (and in case of starters didn't even try)

Gen 6 doesn't have that problem, and there will easily be 3 sets of games again.
As we saw, XY pretty much focused on covering Kanto, so it's clear gamefreak has a plan set.
Also, they might opt out of bringing gen 5 starters/mascots back, because gen 5 covered them both twice in a row while it lasted.

1st set: XY
-starters: Kanto
-event starter: Blaziken
-legendary trio: Kanto bird
-mascots: Kanto pseudo-mascot (mewtwo)

hypothetical continuation
2nd set:
-starters: Johto
-event starter: Swampert
-legendary trio: Johto beast, Unova musketeer
-mascots: Groudon/Kyogre(/Rayquaza)
-extra legends: Heatran, Kami

3rd set:
-starters: Sinnoh
-event starter: Sceptile
-legendary trio: Hoenn golem(->Regigigas), Sinnoh lake guardian
-mascots: Lugia/Ho-oh & Palkia/Dialga/Giratina
-extra legends: Lati@s, Cresselia

Regigigas could be made available by trading for all 3 golems
same with Ho-oh viacollecting all beasts from set2 and Lugia form collecting all birds from XY.
Collecting all 3 lake guardians could unlock the option to obtain just one of the dimension trio.

all of this to keep them rarer than direct "buy game have legends covered", and also to make the postgame feel less overfilled with old legends.
Reducing all groups of legends to a single member dependant on some ingame choice is a neat way and seemingly what gamefreak is going for (see bird in XY)

Well I do not want all Pokemon to be available. I think it is better that you have to bring them up from previous games. People can always breed and trade them. It adds some rarity to them rather than just flooding everyone with tonnes of Pokemon. This generation has already given us a lot of Pokémon so be thankful for what they have given us this time round!

Back