XY "Diancie Eggs"

98Greener

tree noises
Considering if you've been online on the PSS, and that you've been around a few other Internet forums, you've surely heard of Diancie Eggs. If you haven't, lemme fill you in.

Somebody will shout out saying that they'll trade a Diancie egg for a shiny/legend/6IV arceus. Be a seven year old. The seven year old will want the egg. Initiate trade, trading your prized shiny/legend/6IV 'mon for this supposed Diancie egg. "Oh boi, sure can't wait to hatch this egg." 200-something steps later, you've hatched a Magikarp. Spam trade requests, only to be denied.

It's been happening for the past few days, and it makes my skin crawl. Thought I might put this up to see what you guys might think about this.

So, thoughts?
H8?

Here's a tip; if a Pokémon can't legitimately be hatched from an egg, (like most legendaries), it's either an obvious hack or scam. I would stay away from those sorts of people on the PSS. Hope you get what ever Pokémon you traded away back! :)

I've done some stupid stuff, but really...? Did this happen to you 98Greener? Also what Prince Dedenne said, use common sense.

Prince Dedenne said:
Here's a tip; if a Pokémon can't legitimately be hatched from an egg, (like most legendaries), it's either an obvious hack or scam. I would stay away from those sorts of people on the PSS. Hope you get what ever Pokémon you traded away back! :)
Like you said. And yes, Phione can hatch from an egg from a Manaphy, but you'll know it when you see it. Why? Cuz it's blue with a red gem, that's why.

Queen Sylveon said:
Prince Dedenne said:
Like you said. And yes, Phione can hatch from an egg from a Manaphy, but you'll know it when you see it. Why? Cuz it's blue with a red gem, that's why.

Phione eggs are normal. It's only Manaphy that has a special egg.

But this is just dumb. Have people actually fallen for this? Like Prince Dedenne said, if the Pokemon cannot be hatched from an egg, then it can't be hatched from an egg. If they tell you otherwise, they're blatant liars.

grantm1999 said:
I've done some stupid stuff, but really...? Did this happen to you 98Greener? Also what Prince Dedenne said, use common sense.

If course not. I may be an idiot, but not that much of an idiot.
I bring this up to see what everyone thinks. There's a lot of little kids out there, y'know.

The inly pokemon that can be hatched in an egg is phione, if it's even considered legendary. Plus, everyone has a phione, so there will not be any legendary eggs going around. This really makes me mad, especially when I was trading with this person and they asked me for Arceus and sad they would trade it back. Of course, I didn't do it. Why would I trust a random trader on the pss. It's like those spam people on the gts who claim all their pokemon have 6iv when they don't

98Greener said:
grantm1999 said:

I bring this up to see what everyone thinks. There's a lot of little kids out there, y'know.

Yeah, sorry, just wanted to clarify.

I advertise that I trade Diancie on the PSS, but at least I go through with it. I can't believe people would fall to a blatant scam like that, but I do give them props for being able to convince those poor victims.

What kind of props do you give them? What they do isn't remotely smart or cunning... it's people who are dumb if it really had success. No matter what, trading an egg with a person you don't know is stupid. It doesn't matter if the egg is said to contain Diancie (impossible) or Tentacool. You have absolutely no guarantee that it's gonna be what you want. Same with perfect IV Pokemon. You won't know until you get them, and you can't change what you've done if you're scammed.
tl;dr trading for stuff you can't verify their authenticity until only after the trade is something you shouldn't do.

Yeah, saw this A LOT too! One guy had an 'EGG', and then flashed up two Pokémon - one called 'Diancie Egg' and another called 'It's legit!' but common sense prevailed!

Kinda off topic but still on Diancie: when I'm trading with some people they're offering me an LV50 Diancie with an English name in a Cherish Ball. I'm assuming these aren't legit? Or do you receive one in English if you take an English-language DS to the Japanese cinemas?

Craigyboy88 said:
Yeah, saw this A LOT too! One guy had an 'EGG', and then flashed up two Pokémon - one called 'Diancie Egg' and another called 'It's legit!' but common sense prevailed!

Kinda off topic but still on Diancie: when I'm trading with some people they're offering me an LV50 Diancie with an English name in a Cherish Ball. I'm assuming these aren't legit? Or do you receive one in English if you take an English-language DS to the Japanese cinemas?

The only legit ones have Japanese names. I don't know if they were all Adamant, but that's the one that's floating all over the PSS. So I'm not quite sure if any other natures were given out either.

98Greener said:
grantm1999 said:

It's not only being about kids because kids can be smarter than grown-ups (they sure have more neurons) it's also about what arguments are (perhaps) being used since kids might know that Diance is some sort of evolution to Carbink, and if this one can breed, then they might think that breeding might be the way and hence they believe in Diancie Eggs. Not only that but don't forget how fast rumours spread, namely these days.

Of course you can get Diancie eggs. You just have to use Strength on the pickup truck that's on the island near the S.S. Anne.

This might sound harsh, but I don't think anyone who falls for this is going to lose anything substantial. I can't imagine that someone would be experienced enough to breed a 5/6 IV Pokemon and not question a Diancie egg.

The worst that's going to happen is Johny74621 trading away his lvl 63 Sassy nature Mewtwo @ bulging clavicles for a Magikarp egg. It's still a shitty move, but it's not the end of the world.

Back