Decks That Don't Require 2 Mewtwo EX?

I didn't know EelZone ran Eviolite, might see a drop in play once Tool Scrapper hits our shores. I don't really have the deckspace for Eviolite's unless I take out Lost Remover but then again Lost Remover is too good not to run in this format.

Well, the Straight Terrakion deck is your best bet when it comes to running no Mewtwo EX, but as everyone seems to have stated, it may not be such a wise pick anymore, partially because many players know of its existence, and they are beginning to understand how to counter it.

Viole said:
Chandelure/Vileplume does not need it.

Excerpt from http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-chandelure-and-violeplume-alluring-shadows-chandelure-discussion explaining why:

Thats a terrible suggestion because chandeplume runs 2 tropical beach.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
Thats a terrible suggestion because chandeplume runs 2 tropical beach.

There's not a huge need for Tropical Beach anymore. Chandelure can't even remotely keep up unless it's attacking - so the deck does it's best to make use of Eerie Glow's burn and confuse. It'd help for the first few turns, but that's about it.

You should play Terrakion (The Deck). That only has 4/5 Pokemon, and Mewtwo isn't included.

But opening games with Terrakion is bad due to high retreat and Tool Scrapper gets rid of Exp. Share which helps the deck ALOT. Sure it's not out yet but in due time it will be a problem.

Umm, not it isn't. Terrakion always starts Terrakion... high retreat does not matter. If starting Terrakion was a problem in a deck with just Terrakion, the deck would be bad; it isn't.

Card Slinger J said:
But opening games with Terrakion is bad due to high retreat and Tool Scrapper gets rid of Exp. Share which helps the deck ALOT. Sure it's not out yet but in due time it will be a problem.

It is WAY too early to be even talking about Tool Scrapper. That might be coming out next set, but even then there is still States to finish, plus Regionals. Terrakion is a fine starter in Quad Terrakion since it's the only thing that is played and the only attacker. I must admit that not drawing into EXP Share means auto lose, since if you miss a turn of attacking after the first 1-2, you've pretty much lost since it'll be hard to keep more than one energy on the board.

Terrakion is one of the best "cheap" decks out there ATM, it's way more fun that Durant. Terrakion, the deck, only runs x4 Terrkion. Some people play Cleffa, but... You are supposed to start with Terrakion BTW.

Cleffa could get you out of tight situations and gives a free prize while letting you setup, not saying its a good play but in theory it has its values.

I wouldn't consider Cleffa, because the deck is already very consistent but one tech I would really try out is Tyrogue, considering your T1 is already going to be terrible, why not take out a Tynamo or at least put some damage on their field.

Cinema said:
I wouldn't consider Cleffa, because the deck is already very consistent but one tech I would really try out is Tyrogue, considering your T1 is already going to be terrible, why not take out a Tynamo or at least put some damage on their field.

On that note, would a tyrouge or elekid be good in terrakion?

I think terrakion does need mewtwo EX, just to counter MTC decks. These have been hard to get round, as mewtwo will hit for at terrakion least 80 points and tornadus resists terrakion.

TyRam Variants and Psychic-VIleplume (MisPlume variants) don't need Mewtwo EX at all. just let your opponent have 3 Items in hand and you can kill Mewtwo in one shot.

For the record the deck is called "Messie Mew", the only reason why it was called "MewBox" was because it ran Vileplume. -___-

Back