Decks after the new format

doublea

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing as i'm new to the tcg world the whole rotation system baffles me. And from the threads going around that sets are being rotated out (For the sake of this thread lets just say it's RR-on). That means that SP will lose some of its oomph, and other 'staple' cards like sableye and BTS would be rotated out correct?

So as far as decks that focus on stage 1/2 pokemon, i'm interested in what everyone is planning to do when the rotation happens. How will you go about setting up your game plan etc. I can see spiritomb working.. but it seems a heck of a lot slower w/o BTS. So any ideas?

I would probably still run a Scizor Prime/ Umbreon UD build or go into a Magnezon Prime/ Emboar build

I might try to run Lostgar but currently I'm trying to build an Umbreon Lock deck. Maybe Donphan. Well, Rare candy will still be in play so that's like a BTS but you're only using one or 2 cards. A lot of good staples are still in so it won't affect the gameplay as much as people think it will IMO.

Assuming it's RR-on, the removal of Stormfront destroys a lot of decks. No more vilegar, devastating blows to Machamp decks and magnezone decks, no more G-dos, no more scizor SF. This hurts or eliminates a lot of decks.

but look at all the new ones that have come out of it. magboar, magnegatr, steelix, scizor, donchamp, and the list goes on. just because we lose core decks doesnt mean that we wont get new ones. and now that stage 2's have a chance....well at least it makes me happy.

with the elimination of BTS, more stage 1 and 2 decks have a chance to compete with decks that would stay in format such as SP(without the engine)

@thefleeee: SPs will die after the rotation, assuming that PT gets rotated out (Don't bash me on this; admit it, even you thought LA was going to be rotated) A deck that focuses on SPs will no longer be possible once its engine disappears. There will be a couple techs here and there (mostly for the Poke-Powers, such as Staraptor FB Lv.X to get Supporters), but for the most part, SP will die out.

^wait...you are saying people will want staraptor x? OMG I CAN FINALLY GET RID OF THIS THING...man i have had this thing forever. i got it and staraptor SP in the same pack -_-.

@Pokefan SPs will be mostly out, but there will most likely be SP techs that will be run
Example:
~Luxray GL LVX- Almost any deck
~Blazekin FB LVX- Mew w/something
~Dialga G LVX- Scizor Prime, Steelix Prime

What are you all planning to use as a starter since sableye is most likely going to be rotated out

Spiritomb will no doubt be used a lot more often as a starter. Other than that, any card that can do something good like stall or search for something.

I think Blastoise UL might be a strong deck after the format's gone. It performs quite well as it can use mostly cards that are HGSS-onward (and the ones that aren't are only just small things like Bebe's), and it's a rather quick setup when done right.

Plus, who doesn't love to snipe for 100?

That build is a monster. Looks like set ups are going to slow down quite a bit after the rotation. What are you all thinking of using to compensate for the loss of BTS?

Consistent draw, little loss from rotation, lots of HP and Resistance to Donphan (which is going to be huge after rotation, assuming RR-on). Charizard becomes the face of the format.

I'm going to be running a Tangrowth COL deck, and my Electirode (Electivire and Electrode). And possibly one other deck (sadly my Dialga Chomp I JUST finished building will more than likley be rotated IF Platinum gets rotated). I'm just unsure what other deck to build.

@doublea.....why is everone flipping out about loss of BTS its bad but we wtill have rare candies...come on. if you got a squirtle and a blastoise in the opening hand you have no problem....or just search for one then you win...i also want to play blastgatr...or tangrowth...idk...jumpluff is good too....or magnegatr...i have some problems right now lol I CANT PICK A DECK

Back