Deck Rotations and the Effect on Decks

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
@Olimar1023: I'm well aware of the risk of Catcher. It is a risk I take. However, Catchers don't last forever, and neither do Switches. I just basically try to play it smart and keep ahead of my opponent.
Catcher doesnt have to last forever, if they get a prize each time they use it then thats 4 prizes if they use 4 catcher. 2-3 Switch will keep their pokemon able to attack, and take more prizes. Overall VVV just cant work right without Vileplume unless you turn it into a rush deck,
4-4-4 Vanilluxe
4 Victini
4 Dual Ball
4 Communication
4 Rare Candy
ect.

And who wants to do that? VanillRush, lol.

That's exactly what I did. I created a rush deck. And it worked, dangit. Moving on, I think the discussion about Vanilluxe has been basically exhausted.

The rotation always happens. We always lose decks. It is the nature of this game. I don't mean to be harsh, but either you made VVV knowing it would be rendered useless in the rotation, in which case you shouldn't be complaining, or you didn't know about the rotation, in which case you should probably have done more research. The rotation happens every year. Every year decks lose a crucial component, often even the main attacker. This is nothing new. The whole point of a rotation is to change the meta drastically (well, and force people to buy newer cards to make money, but every company has to make money) and reprinting every card that was in a deck in the old meta defeats the whole purpose. If they reprinted every good card from a deck in the past, our format would be enormous. You'd never be able to keep track of it all and form an accurate metagame.

tl;dr Rotation is nothing new, there is nothing wrong with it, and adapt to it rather than demanding that it adapt to you.

Dark Void said:
The rotation always happens. We always lose decks. It is the nature of this game. I don't mean to be harsh, but either you made VVV knowing it would be rendered useless in the rotation, in which case you shouldn't be complaining, or you didn't know about the rotation, in which case you should probably have done more research. The rotation happens every year. Every year decks lose a crucial component, often even the main attacker. This is nothing new. The whole point of a rotation is to change the meta drastically (well, and force people to buy newer cards to make money, but every company has to make money) and reprinting every card that was in a deck in the old meta defeats the whole purpose. If they reprinted every good card from a deck in the past, our format would be enormous. You'd never be able to keep track of it all and form an accurate metagame.

tl;dr Rotation is nothing new, there is nothing wrong with it, and adapt to it rather than demanding that it adapt to you.

I agree with this. I knew it would end eventually. I just hoped not so soon. I'm trying to fit into the rotation. I'll probably just drop the deck and build the deck that Darkrai EX will be in.

pokemonmbl said:
I agree with this. I knew it would end eventually. I just hoped not so soon. I'm trying to fit into the rotation. I'll probably just drop the deck and build the deck that Darkrai EX will be in.

Darkrai EX/Regigigas EX/Reuniclus FTW
lol :D

No, that won't. Reuniclus in a Catcher format without trainer lock=dead. Most likely there will be a Dark Toolbox using Zoroark DE as a main attacker and Darkrai will probably be there as a secondary attacker because its one of the few other good Dark types in the format, and a deck similar to 6 Corners that uses Darkrai to get free retreat and not need Switches.

pokemonmbl said:
Will that be the deck???

Nah, because Reuniclus cant be used in a format where every deck uses Catcher. But giving a heavy hitter like Regigigas EX free retreat could work...

I figured that it would be Regigigas EX, Darkrai EX, and maybe some other dark types that come out. you might even thow in a Mewtwo EX. You never know.

Decks that are gone after BW on rotation:
Tyram
MTC
Cake
Chandy
A lot of components in Durant
Mewbox
Donphan and techs
Mageels
Magneboar

We get:
Darkbox
Zekeels
Rayquaza/Eels/boar
Garchomp Rush
Troll dek.
Garbodor/Zebstrika
Raikou/eels

olimar1023 said:
^ durant is dead before rotation anyway because of the Heatmor thats coming out soon.

I highly doubt everyone will tech in Heatmor just 4 durant. Seriously, Durant isnt the biggest threat anymore. 2 cards to beat durant, nah. Plus if you start with Heatmor and ur not up against durant, wa waa waaah.

RogueChomp said:
We get:
Darkbox
Zekeels
Rayquaza/Eels/boar
Garchomp Rush
Troll dek.
Garbodor/Zebstrika
Raikou/eels

I highly doubt everyone will tech in Heatmor just 4 durant. Seriously, Durant isnt the biggest threat anymore. 2 cards to beat durant, nah. Plus if you start with Heatmor and ur not up against durant, wa waa waaah.

Rotom and Alph will be rotated, so there will be no way to get a prized ant.
Durant will be severely nerfed.

The Fire Wyrm said:
Rotom and Alph will be rotated, so there will be no way to get a prized ant.
Durant will be severely nerfed.

Yes, Durant will be dropped most likely.

Unless people find a way to update it.

I've been over this many times on http://google.com/, but I will say it again. Durant is dead when DE is released.

1. Zekeels already has an easy time if they know how to play it right. One Zekrom w/ Eviolite, one Eelectrik, a secondary attacker, you are good. My top 8 opponent at Virginia States put down at least two Eelectriks and extra Zekroms/other basics and as a result, I had tons of Catcher bait as well as less cards to mill. There is also the option of teching in Heatmor, which is very deadly to Durant. It starts kill Durants by T2 at the latest, and Durant cannot keep up despite what many people think.

2. CMT gets Tornadus EX. 100 damage a turn can be difficult. Heatmor, once again, is also a viable tech.

3. Dark.dec has a very easy time. Free retreat on everything, 100+ damage a turn, energy recovery... it has all that Durant despises.

4. Tetrakion has the option of teching in Landorus or Heatmor.

5. Every other less than Tier One deck can tech in Heatmor, or decks like Reshiphlosion already have a near auto-win.

^ both CMT and ReshiPhlosion get rotated out.

pokemonmbl said:
Yes, Durant will be dropped most likely.

Unless people find a way to update it.

Durant+Aggron. Im trying this and GarbStrika.

olimar1023 said:

Like I've said multible times, I'll just use whatever Darkrai EX is in.{D}{D}{D}

pokemonmbl said:
Like I've said multible times, I'll just use whatever Darkrai EX is in.{D}{D}{D}
I never told you what to play, I just said what I was gonna play.
Go ahead and play Darkrai EX, but it will lose to Straight Terrikion, so maybe use Tornadus or Tornadus EX to counter it.

olimar1023 said:

I made a thread about this, and ended up locking it due to how stupidly difficult it is to make it consistent.

The Fire Wyrm said:
I made a thread about this, and ended up locking it due to how stupidly difficult it is to make it consistent.

Eh, just use 4 Durant and a 3-3-3 line of Aggron that would be it for the pokemon because we lose Mime Jr. and Rotom. Trainers would be hard because all you need is De-evolution Spray, Sky Arrow Bridge, Switch, not too many others. I still plan on testing it a bit.

Back