News Datamine Leak Discussion - Spoiler Warning

TheRealBro..

Yeah, there are so many painfully slow Pokemon. So far that I noticed only Salazzle and Comfey (surprisingly) have a Base Speed stat over 100.

Gen VII will be the Trick Room Generation methinks.

Well, if so many Pokemon are slow, using Trick Room would also be kind of dangerous in helping your opponent ;)

Those Ultra Beasts are weird indeed. They are not THAT powerfull.. although certainly strong. Wonder if they will be legal in Battle Spot?

TheRealBro..

Oh boy... is Gale Wings Talonflame still one of the few, if only, good counters to Speed Boost Blaziken? Either way, here's hoping Blaziken looses Speed Boost.

No, fortunately not, Bulky water types counter it pretty hard (Slowbro/Gyarados mainly)

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Trick room is gonna be so much fun this gen x3. I kinda like Lurantis's stats allthough the low speed is a big surprise

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
Have they found out how and in which amount you can get bottle caps (the hyper training item)? I'd hate it if these were limited like master ball and pp max.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
HELP NEEDED! I believe TIFU by spoiling something BIG.

OKAY: SO I'm avoiding all story-centered news, BUT I've seen the:
a) Champion Mode = you battle others, since they recognize you're the champion. GOOD MODE! Finally.
b) I saw Lusamine inside a jellyfish, challenging the trainer for battle... How bad of a story spoiler is this?

Please tell me if it's okay or not... :/

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

a) Champion Mode = you battle others, since they recognize you're the champion. GOOD MODE! Finally.
b) I saw Lusamine inside a jellyfish, challenging the trainer for battle... How bad of a story spoiler is this?

I just read that part too, and it appears to be true!
This might be story-related, but it appears that UB-01, aka Nihilego, attaches itself to Lusamine (it is the Parasite Pokémon after all)

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer

Wait.. what is champions mode???

J.D.

Mewtwo Fan
So, with all these spoilers, has anyone managed to confirm if there are any changes to the type chart?

TheRealBro..

Have to say; at first I didn't really like the stats for this new generation. Many stat distributions seemed weird, but looking at them again I actually like what they did. With a lot of these new Pokemon you can go many different ways and that makes them more unpredictable and more fun to think about, unlike a lot of Gen 6 Pokemon that were clearly designed to do one thing. The fact that a lot of these new Pokemon have weird, lower speed stats is also fun because the speed creep was getting annoying (anything below 100 needs a scarf if it isn't bulky). Could get very interesting!

professorlight

Ice Queen
If you want to take a closer look at the ultra beasts:

I'm still coming around to their inclusion, but I already like Pheromosa; I love her reaction to being hit, just "Oh, here we go again, hitting me; yes, yes, go ahead, I don't even care anymore. I don't even know why I put up with you anymore."

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I'm curious as to how/why they chose who would participate in the Battle Tree. Grimsley, Sina, and Dexio are just such odd choices.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I'm curious as to how/why they chose who would participate in the Battle Tree. Grimsley, Sina, and Dexio are just such odd choices.
I have to agree with you. It could've just been random choices, or they may have taken these choices based off of polls no one really thought about in Japan.

We now know Anabel, Colress, Sina, Dexio, and Grimsley, the 5 opponents that hadn't been previously revealed to us. I might have reasons for as to why they might have put these 5 members in here:

Colress - Colress was such an odd character, completely shrouded in mystery when we saw him in B2W2. Plus, he was very popular back when B2W2 were the newest games.

Sina and Dexio - We never got to battle them in XY, and I think a lot of people would've liked too. We'll be able to see what Pokemon they used back in their journeys before XY, and seeing as they have quite a bit to do with the story, we'll likely learn a bit more about them.

Anabel - Anabel was a very popular frontier brain in the days of Pokemon Emerald, and I'm sure, for anime fans, in the Battle Frontier season, her very unique presence in the couple of episodes she was there made her stand out more than any other frontier brain.

Grimsley - I'm having quite a bit of trouble with this one, but a lot of Pokemon fans I have talked to who have played BW and/or B2W2 say his quotes were very intriguing, and made his character seemed fleshed out from just a few of the things he said.

Last edited: