News Datamine Leak Discussion - Spoiler Warning

CwwCLZ2UAAIF_r9.jpg
Gengar got a huge nerf, it now has an additional weakness to ground and that's pretty big since it can't free switch into ground anymore.

The legendary beasts lost their "- Absorb" abilities in favour of inner focus; again, this is a pretty big nerf.

Pelipper, Torkoal, Gigalith, and Vanilluxe got weather setting abilities. Low tier weather let's go!

Lastly, the Beartic line got an ability called "Slush Rush" - Not confirmed, but pretty much Sand Rush for Hail.

If this is correct Golisopod will be an absolute defensive behemoth.. I guess it's safe to say this is the new Gyarados/Milotic (a hard to catch pre- evo but the result is worth it). Very good typing (except for the rock weakness). Also the surprise factor; all out offensive is also very possible with that 125 attack stat! Especially f it learns Ice Punch..

Toxapex is Carbink 2.0.. But with even better typing. Toxic stall?!

Salazzle will actually be a big threat considering it's superb speed tier. Not to shabby at all.

After seeing how slow Luranits is; I hope Tsereena is faster. I plan to soft-reset for a female Popplio, and have 2/3rds of my team be female. Tsereena is female only, but I felt that was going to be the case with Queenly Majesty; not to mention it's design
capture_by_steffenka-danufy5.png
capture_by_steffenka-danug94.png
Comparing the two, the only major difference appears to be speed and special attack, with a minor difference in attack, but Tsareena does not appear to be the fastest Pokémon either.

capture_by_steffenka-danufy5.png
capture_by_steffenka-danug94.png
Comparing the two, the only major difference appears to be speed and special attack, with a minor difference in attack, but Tsareena does not appear to be the fastest Pokémon either.

I see. Tsereena is just a physical attacker, while Lurantis can be a tricky mixed attacker.

Passimian and Oranguru are version exclusives. But according to the datamine, Passimian is a Moon exclusive and Oranguru is Sun. But, that's not what we were told previously. A mix up perhaps?

I see. Tsereena is just a physical attacker, while Lurantis can be a tricky mixed attacker.

Passimian and Oranguru are version exclusives. But according to the datamine, Passimian is a Moon exclusive and Oranguru is Sun. But, that's not what we were told previously. A mix up perhaps?
I think so. The exclusive Pokémon seems to be "split" like this

Sun in on left, Moon is on right. I mean, the official Pokemon site said that Passimian was Sun and Oranguru was Moon. Not sure why the datamine got them flip-flopped...

Also, what is is with this Generation and Pokemon being painfully slow? Is it because of Z-Moves?

Also, that ridiculous buff to Leech Life. 80 Base Power?!

Sun in on left, Moon is on right. I mean, the official Pokemon site said that Passimian was Sun and Oranguru was Moon. Not sure why the datamine got them flip-flopped...
Yeah, I think they just got them reversed in the video. Don't think Pokémon would just switch the exclusives after advertising them for their respective games for so long :p

My goodness, Lurantis is just terrible. If both her and Tsareena are pure grass-type physical attackers, what was even the point of having her if Tsareena just has better stats all around? They could have at least put her in another generation to fill that niche.

So I can catch and use Pheromosa? Hm. I'm still waiting to know some more about them; the ultra beasts have a distinct not-a-pokemon vibe that I don't like much; I mean, just look at the jellyfish; rock/poison? how does that even make any sense? And the big-mouthed guy? how is that even a pokemon?

No. Nononononononono... They can't be in sun! I was going to get moon.

Yeah, I think they just got them reversed in the video. Don't think Pokémon would just switch the exclusives after advertising them for their respective games for so long :p

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me GF trying to throw a fastball by us like that. I mean, everything has been pretty much datamined. Why not try and throw a monkeywrench into the situation?

But, I'm glad. It felt like a mix-up and that hopefully means I'm one step closer to my own Prof. Bobo in Oranguru with Moon. I may or may not nickname my team, but Oranguru will be an exception. It will be nicknamed Prof. Bobo.

No. Nononononononono... They can't be in sun! I was going to get moon.
I'm getting Sun, so I can trade you one if ya want ;)

I've found some more information regarding the Ultra Beasts from a text dump on 4Chan:

Ultra Beasts are life-forms from another world. If you try to throw a regular Poke Ball at one, the ball will have a difficult time recognizing the creature as a Pokemon, and so the capturing function will be significantly impaired. But these special balls should allow you to capture beasts quite normally.

Those are Beast Balls, which the Aether Foundation developed in great secrecy. They are a special kind of Poke Ball that are specialized for capturing Ultra Beasts. As a result, they are very expensive to make, so we have not been able to mass-produce them. Please consider your timing very carefully for when you will use them during a battle.

The UBs surround themselves with an aura called the Beast Boost. The truth of this aura is that it is the energy that flows within the Ultra Wormhole. When the UBs pass through the Ultra Wormhole, they are bathed in a great deal of this energy and likely store it within their bodies.

There are also Pokemon on our planet that possess this same kind of energy. I think you know what I mean. The so-called Totem Pokemon that you faced in your trials. This is because the energy pours down upon our planet when the holes open.

UB-01. Code name: "Symbiont". Properly known as Nihilego. There have been sightings reported of this beast in Alola's past. Its most distinctive feature is its parasitic capability. When Nihilego latches on to a host, it does not manipulate its actions directly. Rather it awakens the host's own capabilities and boosts them to an extreme extent in order to protect itself. It injects the host with a sort of neurotoxin to achieve this effect. This neurotoxin of Nihilego's is incredibly stimulating and inspires feelings of extreme excitement and a lack of inhibition in its host. In other words, anything or anyone that a Nihilego latches on to will have its native skills forcibly activated to their fullest extent and will then act as it naturally desires to.

UB-02. Code name: "Absorption". Properly known as Buzzwole. This UB was sighted for the first time following the incidents at Aether Foundation. Its most distinctive feature is its skill to strengthen itself. Buzzwole is able to absorb energy and then achieve a chemical reaction between the energy it has absorbed and its own body fluids. As a result, Buzzwole's body swells to an almost explosive extent. Its muscles bulge and are so thick and dense that they are stronger even than steel. Both its Attack and Defense experience a clear leap in power. It also displays a habit of striking a pose each time that it takes any sort of action... It is thought this might serve as a method of communication, but it is not well understood.

UB-02. Code name: "Beauty". Properly known as Pheromosa. This UB was sighted for the first time following the incidents at Aether Foundation. This UB can reach speeds exceeding 120 mph in just an instant. This speed is greater than any other living creature that has been discovered to date. But its most distinctive features may in fact be its beauty and its powerful pheromones. Most any creature that squares off against a Pheromosa becomes confused, as if struck by the beast's beauty, and loses the will to fight. It is still a subject of research, but it's thought that Pheromosa may possess some sort of organ able to produce a pheromonal substance previously unknown to science.

UB-03. Code name: "Lighting". Properly known as Xurkitree. This UB was sighted for the first time following the incidents at Aether Foundation. Its most distinctive feature is an organ that can generate power. This UB's bodily makeup is highly reminiscent of electric wiring, thus enabling it to conduct electricity with great efficiency. It can discharge as much as a million volts of power at a time. When it begins to run out of power, it stabs its legs and tail into the soil, entering a treelike state as it absorbs electricity from the ground.

UB-04. Code name: "Blade". Properly known as Kartana. This UB was sighted for the first time following the incidents at Aether Foundation. Its most distinctive feature is its thin and razor- sharp body, of which every edge has as cruel a cutting edge as any well-honed blade. The edges on its arms are particularly in a class of their own. Any opponent who tries to attack it will be cut down with a single strike of its blades. Its thin body also allows it to evade attacks by dancing lightly out of the way. This is a very dangerous creature, considering its excellent offensive and defensive capabilities, but due to the nature of its body, it is also highly vulnerable to fire and moisture.

UB-04. Code name: "Blaster". Properly known as Celesteela. This UB was sighted for the first time following the incidents at Aether Foundation. Its most distinctive feature is the energy that it stores within itself, a flammable gas that it can shoot from its two huge arms. This is mostly used to propel itself in flight and for battle, but it is thought to have sufficient power and lift to even fly into space. Its bodily construction closely resembles that of a plant, and it absorbs nutrients from the soil.

UB-05. Code name: "Glutton". Properly known as Guzzlord. This UB has been sighted in the Alola region in the past as well, according to our reports. It seems it was targeted by the International Police in a top-secret mission at that time. Its most distinctive feature is its limitless appetite. It feeds without pause every moment that it is awake. It uses the two large tongues that protrude from its mouth to catch and devour everything in its path, be it organic or inorganic matter. And while it eats such an inordinate amount, Guzzlord excreta has never been discovered. It is thought that it might fully convert the things that it eats into energy for it to use.

Hm? What is this Pokedex data ...Necrozma. It's black, yet it's refracting light... But we haven't had any word from HQ about such a UB. It must be simply a rare Pokemon. Still, it's quite remarkable, though!

Beast Boost is like Moxie. Instead of raising Attack after KO'ing an opposing Pokemon, it will raise the most proficient stat. (It could be HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, or Speed.)

It also seems like someone familiar might be the Champion of the new Alola League!

I managed to find all the new moves, by going through a text dump!

Breakneck Blitz
Breakneck Blitz
All-Out Pummeling
All-Out Pummeling
Supersonic Skystrike
Supersonic Skystrike
Acid Downpour
Acid Downpour
Tectonic Rage
Tectonic Rage
Continental Crush
Continental Crush
Savage Spin-Out
Savage Spin-Out
Never-Ending Nightmare
Never-Ending Nightmare
Corkscrew Crash
Corkscrew Crash
Inferno Overdrive
Inferno Overdrive
Hydro Vortex
Hydro Vortex
Bloom Doom
Bloom Doom
Gigavolt Havoc
Gigavolt Havoc
Shattered Psyche
Shattered Psyche
Subzero Slammer
Subzero Slammer
Devastating Drake
Devastating Drake
Black Hole Eclipse
Black Hole Eclipse
Twinkle Tackle
Twinkle Tackle
Catastropika
Sinister Arrow Raid
Stoked Sparksurfer
Pulverizing Pancake
Extreme Evoboost

Malicious Moonsault
Oceanic Operetta
Guardian of Alola
Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike

Shore Up
First Impression
Baneful Bunker
Spirit Shackle
Darkest Lariat
Sparkling Aria
Ice Hammer
Floral Healing
High Horsepower
Strength Sap
Solar Blade
Leafage
Spotlight
Toxic Thread
Laser Focus
Gear Up
Throat Chop
Pollen Puff
Anchor Shot
Psychic Terrain
Lunge
Fire Lash
Power Trip
Burn Up
Speed Swap
Smart Strike
Purify
Revelation Dance
Core Enforcer
Trop Kick
Instruct
Beak Blast
Clanging Scales
Dragon Hammer
Brutal Swing
Aurora Veil
Genesis Supernova
Shell Trap
Fleur Cannon
Psychic Fangs
Stomping Tantrum
Shadow Bone
Accelerock
Liquidation
Prismatic Laser
Spectral Thief
Sunsteel Strike
Moongeist Beam
Tearful Look
Zing Zap
Nature’s Madness
Multi-Attack
10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Wow what's with this generation having a bunch of slow Pokemon? I guess Trick Room is gonna be necessary is any of these guys are to be of really good use.

Wow what's with this generation having a bunch of slow Pokemon? I guess Trick Room is gonna be necessary is any of these guys are to be of really good use.

Yeah, there are so many painfully slow Pokemon. So far that I noticed only Salazzle and Comfey (surprisingly) have a Base Speed stat over 100.

Gen VII will be the Trick Room Generation methinks.

The on
I mean, just look at the jellyfish; rock/poison? how does that even make any sense?
Agreed.

The only thing I could possibly think of to justify that Rock-typing is the fact it's said to resemble moving glass. A stretch, sure, but we've had gems/diamonds/etc be represented by Rock.

The reason behind its Poison-typing may come from the flavor text; its code name is "Symbionte" and seems to act as a parasite.

Regardless, based on design alone, a very strange Rock/Poison type.

The only thing I could possibly think of to justify that Rock-typing is the fact it's said to resemble moving glass. A stretch, sure, but we've had gems/diamonds/etc be represented by Rock.

Indeed, almost too much of a stretch; gems at least have a very straightforward connection to the rock type, and they're fairly hard, which is the main thread connecting them; glass... not so much. Poison... okay, yes, but the white, frilly, sort-of-childish design still seems at odds with it being a damn parasite.

These things baffle me; even the most out-there pokemon has some semblance of the pokemon-logic to it; these things... I'm at a loss; starting from the "out of this world... but not aliens, but not pokemon, but not humans" concept, to their designs, to their typings, to the fact that they're totally-not-pokemon-but-here's-a-ball-to-capture-and-use-them.

It's like they took a sledgehammer to the internal consistency of the world, leaving only a sign saying "Hey, this is a videogame; do you like these new toys we made to play?" in big, red letters, probably in Impact.

Ok, so, I'm still absorbing all the datamined info and I'll probably either update this post or make a new one with my opinions on everything relevant later but I just want to talk about this real quick:

Perfect Zygarde's stats:
HP: 216
ATK: 100
DEF: 121
SP.ATK: 91
SP.DEF: 95
SPEED: 85

... yeah... I think a part of me died when I saw these stats...

WHY??? I can't believe they did this! Seriously, what was even the point? How is this supposed to be a superior form? The official anime description talked about how its power surpasses even that of Xerneas and Yveltal. This is a joke. They decided to include the form just for the sake of it, they don't care about it at all!

Let's rewind back to Gen IV: Giratina gets its own game, new form, same BST. Not necessarily superior (it kinda is though) but they gave it something to differentiate it from Dialga/Palkia (something they didn't do with Rayquaza in Emerald).
Gen V: Normal Kyurem is weaker than its two brothers but then Kyurem gets not one, but TWO games for it, with TWO different forms which are even more powerful than its normal form and arguably Zekrom and Reshiram too.
Come Gen 6 and Zygarde is even weaker compared to the mascots of XY than Kyurem was compared to Zerkom/Reshiram. We then hear about different forms, with one called Perfect.
Cool, a Zygarde game coming, I thought. Nope, no game for Zygarde.
BUT it will be in Sun&Moon, the new generation of games. Better than nothing, I thought.
We see trailers that show how big Zygarde's HP is. We get to know that it is an in-battle form only and it only activates after losing 50% of health.
Well, if it is a form only allowed to use in-battle and only after losing half of its health, then it really must have good stats, legendary stats, nearly OP stats. Awesome, I thought.
And when it finally comes out and we get to see its stats... a big middle finger from GF!

Yeah, thank you GF, you made a form with huge HP that only activates after it loses half HP, pretty much nullifying the purpose of it. No power boosts whatsoever (Actually, they moved 10 points from Speed to Sp.Atk... which now makes it even slower and that Sp.Atk is still pretty f-in' low by legendary standards). It's all just useless garbage and fake hype!

I've said it before, one of the main reasons I wanted to play this game was so that I could use Perfect Zygarde. Words are not enough to express how disappointed I am with this...

Last edited:
I really don't know what GF is thinking by creating an entire generation of statistically subpar Pokemon. If they really want to bring Pokemon down to a similar level of competitiveness, they need to nerf every other Pokemon in existence. Judging what I've seen so far, almost all, if not all, of the new Pokemon introduced are already outclassed by preexisting Pokemon. GF what are you smokin'??!!!??

View attachment 12342
Gengar got a huge nerf, it now has an additional weakness to ground and that's pretty big since it can't free switch into ground anymore.

The legendary beasts lost their "- Absorb" abilities in favour of inner focus; again, this is a pretty big nerf.

Pelipper, Torkoal, Gigalith, and Vanilluxe got weather setting abilities. Low tier weather let's go!

Lastly, the Beartic line got an ability called "Slush Rush" - Not confirmed, but pretty much Sand Rush for Hail.
Very interesting...
According to this, a number of old Pokemon also received stat boosts, and not just the meager +10 like many saw last gen. I'm curious, do we know if this is a complete list of changes, or is this just what we know at the moment?

Poison... okay, yes, but the white, frilly, sort-of-childish design still seems at odds with it being a damn parasite.
What? Something dangerous and parasitic can't be considered cute? *shrugs* Life doesn't conform to human concepts of normal, why should Pokemon?

These things baffle me; even the most out-there pokemon has some semblance of the pokemon-logic to it; these things... I'm at a loss; starting from the "out of this world... but not aliens, but not pokemon, but not humans" concept, to their designs, to their typings, to the fact that they're totally-not-pokemon-but-here's-a-ball-to-capture-and-use-them.

It's like they took a sledgehammer to the internal consistency of the world, leaving only a sign saying "Hey, this is a videogame; do you like these new toys we made to play?" in big, red letters, probably in Impact.
I don't see the problem. They're not Pokemon, they're not suppose to be Pokemon or look like Pokemon, but that doesn't mean they can't function in a similar manner to Pokemon. Seems pretty consistent to me.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are so many painfully slow Pokemon. So far that I noticed only Salazzle and Comfey (surprisingly) have a Base Speed stat over 100.

Gen VII will be the Trick Room Generation methinks.
Ribombee clocks in at base 127... faster than Noivern.

EDIT:
- Gale Wings now only works if the user is at full HP.
- Dark Void's Accuracy is now 50%.

Last edited:
Back