News Datamine Leak Discussion - Spoiler Warning

Still overall like this gen better than 4/5/6, but I can see it's problems.

As for Larvitar, Yeah, you're right. Internet (in combination with being curious) is a bit of a problem. It's not like the old days anymore, because it's so hard not to look at everything way before the game comes out when you're a fan. Not knowing what to expect was awesome. Remember thinking that your game was glitched when encountering a shiny? ;)

Gen IV felt simplistic, Gen V felt akward for being based in NY and not have what I see as a Japanese vibe and I didn't touched Gen. VI due to it's Dex and the simplistic (read: boring) look of Kalos.

As for shiny...yeah, more so when I kept encountering shiny Zubats in my hacked cartridge after trying to trade with an official one...back then I thought it was a bug and it only mad sense after my first shiny in LF.

Gen IV felt simplistic, Gen V felt akward for being based in NY and not have what I see as a Japanese vibe and I didn't touched Gen. VI due to it's Dex and the simplistic (read: boring) look of Kalos.

Indeed, spott on. Gen 4 was not that bad, but the fact that Cynthia is the only character I remember (no gym leaders at all) says a lot, and team galactic? The less said the better. Gen 5 was indeed just very awkward en Gen 6 beautiful, but boring.

So yeah, I really am hyped again for the first time since gen 3! Interesting new Pokemon, an interesting new region and an interesting villainous team (it has to be the Aether, right?) is already much more than I hoped for. The lack of interesting 3-liners is forgiven :p

Indeed, spott on. Gen 4 was not that bad, but the fact that Cynthia is the only character I remember (no gym leaders at all) says a lot, and team galactic? The less said the better. Gen 5 was indeed just very awkward en Gen 6 beautiful, but boring.

So yeah, I really am hyped again for the first time since gen 3! Interesting new Pokemon, an interesting new region and an interesting villainous team (it has to be the Aether, right?) is already much more than I hoped for. The lack of interesting 3-liners is forgiven :p

The region seems interesting by it's artwork, but I felt too empty judging from the demo, bur that's another discussion.

I'll take this game to train a few Kalos' Pokémon, namely Talonflame, Dragalge, Barbaracle and Aegislash and some from Isshu like Seismitoad, Lilligant, Scolipede and male Jellicent.

And yes, I'll go with Aether for the true villanous team.

I'll take this game to train a few Kalos' Pokémon, namely Talonflame, Dragalge, Barbaracle and Aegislash and some from Isshu like Seismitoad, Lilligant, Scolipede and male Jellicent.

Some good choices there, mainly the last ;)

Yes, the new games promise to make training a great deal better. Hyper Training really makes it worth it again to train your Pokemon, even if it was not perfectly IV-bred. I think this was already the case long ago in Gold/Silver. I remember boxing my lvl. 100 Pokemon, and seeing some stats increased uppon taking it out.

Kinda in relation to the datamine, someone on 4Chan seems to somehow have gotten the game early, and has been leaking images:

1478528894377_by_steffenka-danq99t.jpg

It apparently evolved at level 14

1478523360024_by_steffenka-danq9qa.jpg

1478520458529_by_steffenka-danq9qr.jpg

Trainer Passport:
1478532381265_by_steffenka-danq9rc.jpg

1478521662143_by_steffenka-danq9y3.jpg

1478530084272_by_steffenka-danq9xv.jpg

I'll post more images, either in this or a new post, if I can find some new :)

The games were shipped to stores a couple of days ago. So a clerk probably dumped the game and published it on 4chan, and then a guy downloaded the files and ran them on a homebrew'd system. no big surprise that the games leaking already :p

I like the ability to have Poke Refresh in the Trainer Menu. That's nice; and should make transitions into that a little bit better for me insteading of having to rotate between the screens using the bumpers (L and R) on the handheld.

But, that's just me.

Also; surprising to see Rowlett and Dartrix being slow. I thought they'd be speedy mixed attackers.

What have they done?! Why is the Rowlet line so slow? I hope Decidueye does a 180º and gets a huge speed increase but at this point... If at least it has good attacking stats, it may still be useful in game. I'm not a big fan of using slow Pokémon...

Looks like Pokemon Moon has been leaked

14938353_10210138652635651_5089277751124922962_n.jpg 14947967_10210138650435596_3167250863093083345_n.jpg 14963208_10210138652075637_3083067949721439137_n.jpg 1478555662277s.jpg

Also these are not my pictures and this is not my 3DS

Last edited by a moderator:
More Spoilers!!

Decidueye is a slow mixed attacker with some bulk to it, Toucannon is canon and has a high Attack stat, and Salazzle (Salandit's evo) is a speedy Special attacker/glass cannon.

EDIT: Here's some pics

swgiNdP.jpg

QjfVsbV.jpg

gqXyneZ.jpg

Last edited:
Salazzle? What a... scary? name :/

And urgh toucannon (epic name btw) is just normal flying, hopefully it gets something to set it apart from literally every other bird.

Salazzle? What a... scary? name :/

And urgh toucannon (epic name btw) is just normal flying, hopefully it gets something to set it apart from literally every other bird.
At least it looks like it'll pack a punch ala Staraptor.

Edit: here's some WishiWashi stats

3f5Z7w8.jpg

1aVWlYE.jpg

Story Spoilers + more!
- Colress is the game.
- Guzma's team is golisopod/ariados
- Plumeria's team is golbat/salandit or salazzle
- Gladion has golbat, sneasel and type null
- Golisopod is Bug/Water
- Starters evolve at level 17 then at 34
- Morelull's evo is called Shiinotic

Last edited:
Why do all grass types have to be so slow? I really want to use Lurantis, but it's making it hard to justify it when I have an own tempo/quiver dance/petal dance Lilligant (she has twice Lurantis' speed), or whatever the hell Tsareena will have, instead.

Wait. And that's with a beneficial nature? fantastic, just... fantastic.

Awesome, that Wishiwashi looks like it packs a punch (school form). Great mixed attacking stats but I Wish the washi wasn't mono Water type..
it;s gonna get hard blocked by so many bulky Pokemon (ugh Suicune).

Can't wait for some more stats!

Edit; Just realized, Decidueye get's Sucker Punch, and probably Swords Dance (because it's a grass type) so being slow really doesn't matter that much. Like it.

Last edited:
Why do all grass types have to be so slow? I really want to use Lurantis, but it's making it hard to justify it when I have an own tempo/quiver dance/petal dance Lilligant (she has twice Lurantis' speed), or whatever the hell Tsareena will have, instead.

Wait. And that's with a beneficial nature? fantastic, just... fantastic.

Atleast Lurantis gets some good physical grass moves x3

So, from what I've read, found and seen on 4Chan and YouTube, the following is what I have gathered:
(Credit to Kaphotics on YouTube for the Pokémon images)

Note: Possible major spoilers from here on out!

Pikipek evolves into Trumbeak which evolves into Toucannon. All stays Normal/Flying
Crabrawler evolves into Crabominable, and becomes Fighting/Ice
The Booster Box Pokémon is Mareanie, and is Poison/Water. It's evolution is called Toxapex, and is also Poison/Water. Both can have the new ability Merciless, which makes every attack a crit, if the target is Poisoned.
The Bubble Spider/Alien things are called Dewpider and Araquanid. Both are Water/Bug, and have a new ability Water Bubble, which lowers the power of Fire-type moves done to the Pokémon, as well as a secondary effect (most likely prevention from burns).
Morelull evolves into Shiinotic, and stays Grass/Fairy.
Salandit evolves into Salazzle, which stays Poison/Fire. Only female Salandit can evolve into Salazzle.
Bounsweet, Steenee and Tsareena are all female-only
Wimpod evolves into Golisopod, which stays Bug/Water. It has the new ability Emergency Exit, which switches the Pokémon out if it's HP becomes half or less.
The anchor Pokémon is called Dhelmise, and is Ghost/Grass. It has the new ability Steelworker, which powers up Steel-type moves.
The Solgaleo/Lunala pre-evo is called Cosmoem, and is Psychic.
Marshadow is Ghost/Fighting.

So apparently the Ultra Beasts are Pokémon, with typings and abilities.
UB-01 is called Nihilego, and is Rock/Poison. It has the ability Beast Boost, which boost the Pokémon's most proefficient stat after knocking an opponent out.
UB-02 Absorption is called Buzzwole, and is Bug/Fighting. It also has Beast Boost.
UB-02 Beauty is called Pheromosa, and is also Bug/Fighting, with Beast Boost.
The UB resembling Guzma is called Xurkitree and is Electric, with Beast Boost.
The weird green UB, is called Celesteela and is Steel/Flying, also with Beast Boost.
The "fan-thing" UB, is called Kartana and is Grass/Steel, with Beast Boost.
The black UB with the giant mouth, is called Guzzlord and is Dark/Dragon, with Beast Boost.
The final black UB, is called Necrozma and is Psychic. It has the ability Prism Armor, which reduces the power of supereffective attacks taken.

Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash have the new ability Slush Rush as their hidden ability, which boosts the speed of the Pokémon in a hailstorm.
Alolan Geodude, Graveler and Golem are Rock/Electric, with Magnet Pull, Sturdy and a new hidden ability called Galvanize (Normal type moves to Electric type, a la Pixilate)
Alolan Grimer and Muk have the new ability Power of Alchemy as their hidden ability. This copies the ability of a defeated ally.
Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio are Ground/Steel, with a new ability, called Tangling Hair, as one of their main abilities. This lowers opponent's speed if they were in contact with the Pokémon.

Following characters appears to return in Sun/Moon:
Anabel from the Battle Frontier
Colress
Grimsley
from the Unova Elite 4
Looker (Alongside, an unknown character)
Burnet from Pokémon Dream Radar

Note: None of this has been confirmed, and is just what I've gathered from dataminers around the webs.

After seeing how slow Luranits is; I hope Tsereena is faster. I plan to soft-reset for a female Popplio, and have 2/3rds of my team be female. Tsereena is female only, but I felt that was going to be the case with Queenly Majesty; not to mention it's design.

I'm not digging the fact the Ultra Beasts are actually catchable; but it's just a nitpick to me.

Back