• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Tornadus BW-on

JayKam

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
4x Tornadus EX(max out to increase chance of starting with him)
2x Darkrai
1x Mewtwo
3x Aerodactyl(plus power just doesnt work in this format =/ )
1x bouffalant drx
1x tornadus ep (incase i wanna 1hko a sigilyph,not many are running sigilyph expect in rogue decks, so idk...)

T/S/S:
4x Dark Patch
4x Pokemon Catcher
3x Energy Switch
2x Switch
4x Ultra Ball
4x Random Receiver
2x Tool Scrapper
3x Twist Mountain
4x Professor Juniper
4x Skyla
1x Computer Search

Energy:
9x Darkness Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Strategy: Start out with tornadus attach a DCE(or attach a darkness then darkpatch to darkrai then energy switch) play a stadium to do turn 1 60 damage.

On rare occasions i can get a turn one power blast, using darkpatch-energy switch.

[GET FAST KO'S]

added tornadus EP so i dont get owned vs quad sigilyph
took out bianca and N for skyla and more random recievers
and added in computer search

Aerodactyl won't do you much good, since he's pretty sketchy to get out. I suggest taking him out for

-3 Aerodactyl (not needed)
-3 Twist Mountain (^)
+2 Sableye (Junk Arm for Dark Decks)
+2 Sky Arrow (Helps A LOT against Garbodor)
+2 Buoffolaunt (You only run EX's, so if they drop a Sigilyph, it's game over, plus, a T1 120 damage against an EX is pretty scary, especailly if you attach an Eviolite to him.)

i really like aerodactyl in this 10 extra damage makes the difference alot of the time
against garbodor i rely on speed and tool scrapper.
against sigilyph i use aerodactyl(or catcher around it) and i can already 2hko ex's(even tho buoffolaunt gives less prizes) and im not always hitting EXs(ill consider buoffolant when mew ex/celebi ex become popular)

deck is pretty fast that i dont need sableye but i might add him if i run into huge mid-game consistency issues.

thx for the input

@Emopanda. How does Skyarrow help against Garbodor? Skyarrow is good for the turn 1 60, but the turn 1 60 is good against pretty much everything, Eels, Hydreigon, Ninetales, Garchomp, etc. Not just Garbodor, and some Garbodors run the 70HP Trubbish.

Anyway, Switch seems kinda pointless, since Dark Cloak gives things free retreat, and if you have to waist one on an Aerodactyl, you can Energy Switch it off. I'd add some more supporters to replace them. Other then that, your list looks pretty good.

-2 Switch
+1 N
+1 Bianca

@machamp its for consistency/ increasing my chance at first turn tornadus attacking, the trade off isnt that huge. so for the moment its working for me.

@anybody doubting aerodactyl, try him out... and in this deck since i NEED to carry stadiums he fits like a glove, i cant find a useful stadium(a stadium that only benefits me is awesome)

Machamp the Champion said:
@Emopanda. How does Skyarrow help against Garbodor? Skyarrow is good for the turn 1 60, but the turn 1 60 is good against pretty much everything, Eels, Hydreigon, Ninetales, Garchomp, etc. Not just Garbodor, and some Garbodors run the 70HP Trubbish.

Anyway, Switch seems kinda pointless, since Dark Cloak gives things free retreat,

Garbodor Locks Dark Cloak, So If A Darkrai EX Gets Catcher'd without Energy, That Two Retreat Cost Hurts And Will Most Likely Result In Losing Darkrai, However, If You Only Have One Retreat Cost, You Can Get Him Out Quick. To Add, Switch Helps Against Paralock And Can Also Help Get A T1 Donk.

updated, took out boufallant for kyurem from dragon selection
also -1 energy switch for +1 catcher

I love pluspower. It works fine.
I like this a lot.

-3 aerodactyl
-3 twist mountain
-1 kyurem (requires psychic and water energy. First attack not too good)
-2 switch (why run switch with darkrai EX)

+2 boufallant( see MtC)
+1 energy switch
+2 pluspower :D
+2 tool scrapper (anti garbador)
+2 cheren (draw power)

593462 said:
I love pluspower. It works fine.
I like this a lot.

-3 aerodactyl
-3 twist mountain
-1 kyurem (requires psychic and water energy. First attack not too good)
-2 switch (why run switch with darkrai EX)

+2 boufallant( see MtC)
+1 energy switch
+2 pluspower :D
+2 tool scrapper (anti garbador)
+2 cheren (draw power)

What exactly did I say about Bouffalant?

updated the list, took out biancas for skyla, added computer search and currently testing out fast ticket(took out eviolites to make room)

@ random numbers, you took out twist mountains but didnt add a stadium. also i still have aerodactyls in the deck for sigilyphs...(sigilyph gets 2shoted by me with or without extra boufallant)
also 4 tool scrappers is excessive 2 is more then enough to counter garbador.

also kyurem helps vs hydreigon... 30 snipe on hydreigon makes him vulnerable to getting ko'd by kyurem.

adjusting this list for bw-bc, so any advice is appreciated

took out the fast tickets and replaced them with

+2 skyla
+1 catcher
+1 energy search(going to test how well a 1 of this works in this deck)

took out N due to the speed of the deck and replaced it with Bianca.
also took out the energy search and bump ultraball up to 4.

Don't take out N. Seriously. N is the best supporter this format, don't take it out for a vanilla supporter like Bianca.

N just wasnt working out in this deck, i dont use N turn 1-3(usually use junipers and skyla) and by then i am ahead in prizes... the situations in where N would be useful are really uncommon. Everyone already plays assuming you run N anyways...

in any other deck i would still run N, but this deck doesnt make good use of it.

i am thinking of taking out 1 bianca and adding another random receiver...

It isn't about your side. What if your opponent has the game in hand and you know it but can't N?

^situations like that are rare(especially for this deck) and people already play as if you run N anyways and i play as if they have what they need in their hand(or can get it), after much testing i found it not worth running N. ill test some more tho...

updated! took out the bianca and added 2 more random receivers and added a tornadus ep to help vs the rogue deck quad sigilyph

Back