Darkrai / Hydreigon

Soul said:
You really don't want to give your opponent the opportunity to use Pokémon Center when you're playing Darkrai.

Yeah..this.

Usually Pokemon Center is great for decks to use _against_ Darkrai. Take Blastoise for example. That snipe damage definitely adds up on things like Blastoise and such and being able to heal the damage is great for that deck.

The only Stadium that I could see that could be used for this deck is Tropical Beach (for obvious reasons), and even then it is fairly situational because you almost always want to go for the T1 Junk Hunt if you can.

dmaster out.

I haven't tried out the Prism version yet, but what do you guys recommend as an energy line for it? My techs will probably be between Shaymin-EX, Sigilyph DRX, Terrakion NVI and Keldeo-EX. I might try Reshiram-EX when Plasma Klinklang comes out.

...Reshiram EX can't touch the Plasma Klinklang :p.

Anyway, those look fine. Sigilyph never seems to work for me, but Terrakion and Keldeo EX are the selling points of the Prism version.

For energy, I'm not sure. I've seen people run 4 Prism, 1-2 Blend, and the rest Dark.

Good point about the Reshiram-EX. I'll probably try Reshiram BLW or Moltres NXD (4 for 90 at the cost of a Fire or 3 for 50 and burn).

I have been running 4 Prism, 8 Dark as lines when I got Top4 at a Cities. But I suppose if u wanna attack with Hdrei DRX a lot then run a couple of blends.

Pre-BC I ran 6 Dark, 3 Blend, and 3 Prism with Virizion, Terrakion, and Sigilyph as my techs. Blend and Prism both worked for Virizion and Sigilyph while Prism worked for Terrakion and Blend worked for Hydreigon. It worked pretty well, but after BC I changed up my whole attacker lineup and no longer have any need for Prisms. I'd still use a 2/3 or 3/3 split if I were to run Prisms again for whatever reason.

How do you think the matchups are now? i think it does decently against plasma klinkland as hydreigon one-shots it.

Reshi EX won't work because of PlasmaKlang.

Sigilyph, Shaymin EX, Benchtini, Mewtwo EX and Giratina EX are going to be the only effective tech in Dark-Region (Non-Prism version). Sigilyph for countering EX's and Melotta. Shaymin EX for Terrakion and Keldeo EX. Benchtini for PlasmaKlang decks. Mewtwo EX for well, Mewtwo EX. Giratina EX for Black Kyurem EX, Sigilyph, Rayquaza's, Terrakion and PlasmaKlang decks.

As far as Prism version goes, Keldeo EX (Landorus EX), Terrakion (Darkrai EX), and Baby Ray (Rayquaza EX, BKEX) are the only working tech at the moment.

MMAmonchan said:
How do you think the matchups are now? i think it does decently against plasma klinkland as hydreigon one-shots it.

This is just my opinion, but I think the Blastoise matchup just went from slightly favorable for Hydreigon to unfavorable for Hydreigon.

The reason for this is simple. Black Kyurem EX just wipes out all your Energy off the field. A smart Blastoise player won't allow their Kyurem to be blasted from Hydreigon as well (if they can help it). That makes Max Potion essentially useless in the matchup and therefore, the whole reason why you're probably running Hydreigon in the first place.

dmaster out.

IMO the matchups aren't too terrible for Hydreigon, but they've gone worse.
Plasma Klinklang-Hydreigon OHKO's PlasmaKlang
RayEels-Darkrai KO Eels, if you run Giratina EX, OHKO Ray EX
Landy EX/Tornadus EX-Still bad, but more Blastoise is limiting the play of it
Blastoise/Keldeo EX(/Black Kyurem EX)-Like dmaster said, it's a bit unfavorable due to BK EX. Normally what I do to counter it in testing is try to get 2 Hydreigon out in play, if they put it down and OHKO Hydreigon/Darkrai/etc normally I just go to the other Hydreigon and OHKO it and hope they don't KO my Hydreigon. Or, I KO it with Gira EX. But I can't deny that the matchup has gone unfavorable.
However, if they don't run BK EX, then the matchup is favorable because you can OHKO their Blastoise with Hydreigon.

Don't forget the Darkrai/HTL matchup. I found that this deck just outspeeds Hydreigon.

Gistica said:
Don't forget the Darkrai/HTL matchup. I found that this deck just outspeeds Hydreigon.

It outspeeds everything. Getting donks with Sableye is way too over-powered. A T1 confuse ray for 10 damage the T2 Hypnotoxic/Dark Claw to OHKO a Hydregion, how can you outspeed that?

I've had great success with this deck it's fast, powerful and consistent.
Tecks: cresslia it can tank landorus and can heal when on the bench

I haven't had much problem with HTL decks. If I can get Keldeo EX on the bench fast, I can just Rush In, heal with a Max Potion and then switch out Keldeo to attack again. I don't like attacking with Keldeo EX because I like having him just for Rush In to cure Poison.

Hey... this is my decklist

3 Darkrai EX
2 Mewtwo EX
3-1-3 Hydreigon (dark trance)
2-1 Plasma Beheyem
3 Sableye

2 dark claw
3 eviolite
4 dark patch
1 computer search (ace spec)
3 rare candy
2 pokemon catcher

3 Skyla
3 cheren
2 cilan
3 N
2 Juniper

4 Blend Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy
8 Dark Energy

Hi. just wanted to ask if you guys would rather play Cresselia EX or Giratina EX with hydreigon.

Back