Darkrai / Hydreigon

FUGGNUTZ said:
Good point about the Reshiram-EX. I'll probably try Reshiram BLW or Moltres NXD (4 for 90 at the cost of a Fire or 3 for 50 and burn).

No need to tech in a non ex fire type for this deck, usually you junk hunt a catcher, catcher out the ex block klinklang and dragonblast with hydreigon and easily recover with a the junk hunt used last turn for a dark patch. (AKA: junk hunt for catcher and patch)

Does anyone think this deck should use HTL/Virbank? Does it even have the space for it?

raw19 said:
Does anyone think this deck should use HTL/Virbank? Does it even have the space for it?

That'd be really hard as Darkrai/Hydreigon is very tight on space. I also don't think it would turn out good

Nope. It won't be consistent enough. Virbank and HTL have their own deck with Darkrai which is often paired with Sableye.

I'm very surprised that no one has said anything about this deck in such a long time. I think that with the rule change and some other aspects of the game, Hydreigon may be able to see a minor comeback in the meta. When paired up with the right techs, I believe this deck could see a decent revival. What does everyone else think?

I was at a League Challenge today and played against a Hydreigon deck with my straight Darkrai and had a bit of trouble getting damage on the field with things like Keldeo, Dark Trance, and Max Potion. With this game and my initial thought to actually play this deck, I have high hopes for Hydreigon.

A Poké pal of mine running his Darkrai EX-Hydreigon deck won a League Challenge here this past weekend. This deck will definitely make a comeback, IMHO.

Especially with how Stage 2 Pokemon can sit in the back with more safety, this deck is a lot stronger than before...and it was strong to begin with.

There are many possibilities for this deck to make a strong show at upcoming cities around the world. The power to just move the energy where you need is amazing and dare I say it, OP. I'd just like to ask what is the worst matchup for this deck?

Possibly Blastoise or Emboar considering of their ability to OHKO the engine of the deck, and even the attacker at that very easily. Emboar can do it with less energy than Black Kyurem though due to how it's attack works.

zavtac said:
I'd just like to ask what is the worst matchup for this deck?
IMHO, this deck's worst matchup is against Big Basics w/Garbodor and Empoleon-Leafeon-Dusknoir.

Garbodor type decks hurt big time. A deck with Latias EX is rare but makes things pretty hard. I agree Blastoise\Rayboar is an uphill battle do to the OHKO's. I think b/c of the OHKO's, that they are the hardest match ups. Empoleon Decks are hard. All these matches are doable tho.

Verus Blastoise\Rayboar, who ever can setup faster helps big time, but that OHKO's.... Garbodor is all a bout saving the tool scrappers. Latias is GG unless you run an attacker who doesn't have an ablity. You can win verus Empoleon if you are able to use your max potions before your Opponent can use Dusknoir.

I

TuxedoBlack said:
zavtac said:
I'd just like to ask what is the worst matchup for this deck?
IMHO, this deck's worst matchup is against Big Basics w/Garbodor and Empoleon-Leafeon-Dusknoir.

I'de agree with big basics/garbodor. Even with 2 scrappers that matchup is just tough. However I would disagree with the empoleon matchup. If they set up a dusknoir first it kind of hurts, but as long as you can keep energy going, and setup before them the matchup is really positive. If they get an attack command off on one of your ex's first with a dusknoir up, you're in trouble though.

I tested it but I can say it's really not that good.
>Blastoise rolls it.
>Garbo rolls it.
>Empoleon is actually an easy matchup.
>Plasma is decent surprisingly.
>Virizion is an auto-win.
>Against Darkrai it is like the mirror except you can simply erase all their night spears and win.

I guess it's alright in the right meta but not a competitively diverse tournament like Regionals. People have not seemed to figure out that Hydreigon should attack almost as much as Darkrai, it OHKOs almost anything with a bangle. But the deck also needs 2-4 beach to work right.

Back