News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
The 160 makes this card a solid darkness beatstick, but the GX attack seems underwhelming for DDD. Anybody disagree? :rolleyes:

While it is limited to Pokémon GX one can chose the same Pokémon more than once. For instance you could choose to hit one Pokémon GX on the bench for a solid 180 damage since you can relicate the 30 damage six times and you may choose to same Pokémon GX more than once. Alternatively you may also spread the damage across more than one of the opponent`s Pokémon GX. I believe that this attack is in fact quite flexible.

Thus far my only concerns with this card are the three retreat cost and the weakness. One less retreat would have been perfect to combo with Altar of the Moone.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
It could also be a late game sweeper, would have been hilarious with Ninja Boy, :p

Choice Band would work like that? That’s rather terrifying haha.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Does anyone else think that dark type Incineroar-GX + Hoopa-GX + Hoopa (SLG) + Nanu could work? Accelerate three dark energy with Incineroar's ability, then Nanu into either Hoopa for big damage or GX immunity.

iridoo93

Candy girl
Not super impressed with this card, it’s not anything ride home about. I think it’s first move is alright but you have to use a move to do it which can easily be disturbed by supporters like judge in standard or N in expanded. It’s second move is decent with choice band, can KO a lot of opponents but you will have to switch with a switch or guzma because no float stone anymore. It’s GX is 3 dark energy cost, tapu koko promo does 10 less with a DCE, but if you wanna REALLY spread damage necrozma’s gx is the way to go when targeting GX/EX Pokémon TBH.

Last edited:

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
While true, Tapu Koko is good for generic tenderizing of the opponent, the edge with Devil Hand is being able to pile the damage on a single target.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Not super impressed with this card, it’s not anything ride home about. I think it’s first move is alright but you have to use a move to do it which can easily be disturbed by supporters like judge in standard or N in expanded. It’s second move is alright with choice band, can KO a lot of opponents but you will have to switch with a switch or guzma because no float stone anymore. It’s GX is 3 dark energy cost, tapu koko prom does 10 less with a DCE, but if you wanna REALLY spread damage necrozma’s gx is the way to go when targeting GX/EX Pokémon TBH.

Devil's Hand GX is a little more versatile. It is less general than Tapu Koko and it hits for much less compared to Necrozma GX facing a board full of Pokémon GX. However Hoopa GX has a more versatile GX attack. You can choose the same Pokémon GX more than once to snipe a specific Pokémon on the bench for 180 damage or distribute the damage between two or more of the opponent's Pokémon GX. If you hit the active defending Pokémon GX also note that Choice Band and Devoured Field factors into the damage done to the active defending Pokémon GX each time you decide to hit it for 30 damage. Thus you could hit a Pokémon GX on the bench for 90 damage and an active Pokémon GX for a total of 210 damage using both Choice Band and Devoured Filed as damage modifiers. I would say that this is actually rather good.

Zipplip

Aspiring Trainer
Devil's Hand GX is a little more versatile. It is less general than Tapu Koko and it hits for much less compared to Necrozma GX facing a board full of Pokémon GX. However Hoopa GX has a more versatile GX attack. You can choose the same Pokémon GX more than once to snipe a specific Pokémon on the bench for 180 damage or distribute the damage between two or more of the opponent's Pokémon GX. If you hit the active defending Pokémon GX also note that Choice Band and Devoured Field factors into the damage done to the active defending Pokémon GX each time you decide to hit it for 30 damage. Thus you could hit a Pokémon GX on the bench for 90 damage and an active Pokémon GX for a total of 210 damage using both Choice Band and Devoured Filed as damage modifiers. I would say that this is actually rather good.
Ohhh, that actually gives the card some usage then.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Getting a little tired of triple energy "this Pokemon can't attack next turn" moves. Can we get some more interesting attackers please?

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Not a big fan of the GX attack, I can see that it can take 4 prizes.....in expanded if you're against dark weak + choice band in the active and a benched Shaymin EX, but it's a little underwhelming for a GX attack in my opinion.
I just feel like it's an improved version of CES Oricorio, who can do it for a single energy, but just can't hit the same one multiple times. If you want a KO, use the now overused 3 coloured energy 160 can't use this attack next turn attack that we know is good. I like the first attack most, because if you're playing and deck with dark energy, this is a great starter for setting up. I don't love this card, but it has it's inclusions as 1 of's in Darkness Decks. 6.5/10

Antonio123456

Aspiring Trainer
After reading choice band and Omega Barrage, I'm going to say that it does not work that way. Choice band says your "attacks do 30 more damage..." Satan's fingers is only one attack. It has one name multiple effects but still only one attack. If choice said "Everytime you do damage do 30 extra" then we'd be talking. Omega Barrage says you can attack twice, which involves naming a move calculating damage, and then declaring a second attack. Hoopa's move is not that either. The easiest way to think about Hoopas GX move is to think of bronzong break. Select pokemon, do damage, check for modifiers, end turn.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Having a basic that does 190 with a choice band and can use a GX move to deal a straight 180 to ohko a benched GX seems pretty fine to me. And in optimal scenarios it can take 4 prizes on two wounded benched GXs which really isnt that crazy a scenario. I guess it all comes down to whether dark decks have the support to function as a whole

mrsodaking

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Sure, it's attacks are all pretty good but there's no way you're getting 3 energy on this reliably. Unless we receive some serious Dark support, this one goes to the binder and stays there.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ugh, they make a Hoopa GX but no Goodra? Grr...
Anyway, the first attack is lesser than Sylveon's, even in the respect that Sylveon is a Stage 1. Remember that with Energy Evolution, getting Sylveon out is a piece of cake.
Second attack hits damage, but really uncreative.
GX attack is actually pretty good. However, if you're up against a non GX deck, you're gonna be in trouble.
I don't like it overall. It is outclassed in two of its attacks., but the GX attack is stellar in some situations. I still don't like it.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Hoopa-GX - The main atk that hits the numbers but the AC is terrible since we don't have ways to accel Dark Energy next rotation. SL Yveltal can but do you want to invest a DCE for that? Also, Incineroar is a Stage 2. Who cares? 4 Geodudes
Not a big fan of the GX attack, I can see that it can take 4 prizes.....in expanded if you're against dark weak + choice band in the active and a benched Shaymin EX, but it's a little underwhelming for a GX attack in my opinion.
I just feel like it's an improved version of CES Oricorio, who can do it for a single energy, but just can't hit the same one multiple times. If you want a KO, use the now overused 3 coloured energy 160 can't use this attack next turn attack that we know is good. I like the first attack most, because if you're playing and deck with dark energy, this is a great starter for setting up. I don't love this card, but it has it's inclusions as 1 of's in Darkness Decks. 6.5/10