News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, it doesn't say basic d energy or d energy cards, soooo can you get unit energy or rainbow?
Ability: Scar Charge
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 3 damage counters on this Pokemon. If you do, search your deck for up to 3 [D] Energy and attach them to this Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.
Unit and Rainbow only count as Dark when attached to a Pokémon

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Not bad. The second attack sure hits numbers with Choice Band. If the retreat cost would have been one less it would have been excellent as a main attacker based on this attack alone. With Darkrai GX and the new Darkness supporter there is also some hidden acceleration. We need to see the GX attack and the other Darkness support from this set to make a final conclusion. The art alone is awesome too.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Deleted a bunch of posts that simply said "Wow" or "This card is good." This isn't a chat room guys, please explain your thoughts so people know why you think what you think! :)

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
That first attack, it’s a smidge worse than Sylveon GX, but it’s a basic, so you essentially free up 4 slots in your deck. That said, it’s second attack isn’t bad and it’s GX is awful. It’s a gimmicky 180, if that.

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
The 160 makes this card a solid darkness beatstick, but the GX attack seems underwhelming for DDD. Anybody disagree? :rolleyes:

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Dark Order looks a bit like Ancient Origins with both Hoopa gx and Ampharos gx in it. But the similarities might just end there.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Question: Does the GX attack work like the Ancient Trait "Barrage"? For example, if I attach a choice band, am I hitting for 30+30 each time I attack the opponent's active?

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
That GX attack is insanely fun, too bad it won’t keep that name in the english TCG. But being able to spread that damage however you like is amazing.

Axebradley

Aspiring Trainer
That first attack, it’s a smidge worse than Sylveon GX, but it’s a basic, so you essentially free up 4 slots in your deck. That said, it’s second attack isn’t bad and it’s GX is awful. It’s a gimmicky 180, if that.

With a Choice Band the GX attack is 360 onto an active GX since the choice band would be added to each of the 30 damages. On top of that it has the option to snipe a fresh benched Lele, or just spread damage to put everything in range of your main attacks. I still don’t think it’s amazing but there’s certainly more oomph to Hoopa than most other GXs.